Engineer In Training (EIT)
A recent mechanical engineering graduate who combines technical background with valuable project experience. Is passionate about innovation and space exploration and keeps up to date with the latest trends and cutting-edge technologies. Collaborates as a team member to provide exceptional technical support. Also possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships both internally and externally. Continuously builds professional knowledge through online study from MITx outside the normal course load. Exercises discretion and professionalism to handle sensitive information. Is now looking for a graduate position that will make best use of existing skills and experience while also enabling further personal and professional development.
§ Mechanical Engineering
§ Technical Analysis
§ Project Tracking
§ Testing and Validation
§ Project Design
Education and Qualifications
EIT Engineer in Training Ontario Engineering Licensing Program, 2014
Degree: Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, 2014, Most Recent Annual (GPA: 3.67),
(Specialization in Mechatronics and Solid Mechanics)
Course: Advanced Machining, Basic Machining, George Brown College, 2014
Online Study: Introduction to Astronautics, MITx; Computation Structures – Digital Circuits, MITx; Astrophysics X-Series, Australian National University, 2015 – date
Engineering Co-op, Linamar Corporation 2012-2013
§ Significantly improved business efficiency by programming a search/tracking engine in Excel VBA to digitize technical documents, and reduce search time by ~95% i.e. from 15 minutes to under 30 seconds, and labour. (Previously, technical documents were searched manually and without indexing and were inconsistent in accuracy and format.)
§ Employed impeccable attention to detail in reviewing risk assessments, risk control documents and technical manuals to support Product Safety manager.
§ Analyzed Test and Validation results by generating comparative matrices across major standards (ANSi/CSA, CE) to resolve discrepancies between design and manufacturing parameters.
§ Adopted a culture of lean principles and by implementing 5S methodology in the office.
Product Design Team Member, Castle Wars Golf Ball Launcher 2014
· Collaborated with the team of five to design and build an effective golf ball launcher for children.
· Responsible for performing the Design of Experiments (DOE) to highlight what factors affect the design and final output; to determine cause and effect and improve launcher features.
· Determined failure modes and probabilities using DFMEA and Latitude Development Analysis.
· Performed an economic analysis and extensive research to design competitiveness within market.
· Successfully optimized design parameters using full factorial, robust design analysis and mathematical models in Excel for a final launch accuracy of 90% within a 10 cm radius.
Team Leader, U of T Aeronautics Team, Project: CASI Free Flight 2011-2012
· Selected as a team leader for University’s glider entry for the Canadian Aeronautics Space Institute Free Flight Competition (won 3rd place nationally in the competition).
· Ensured that all principles were adhered to i.e. NASA Systems Engineering Principles, Lean Principles and DMAIC.
· Managed the project from initial concept to final delivery whilst motivating a team.
· Scheduled and coordinated work amongst team members and project personnel while tracking project goals and milestones by using Microsoft Office.
· Gained working knowledge of aircraft engines and thrust calculations
· Assisted in designing and optimizing the airfoil and wing subsystem to account for stress distribution using ANSYS
· Developed a scoring function model in MATLAB to prioritize which design factors to be focus on.
· Co-wrote and designed the technical report and presentation, which won 1st place and 2nd place respectively.
Awards and Achievements
U of T Scholar Award 2013
General Motors Women in Engineering Award 2011
Barry Sullivan Award 2010
Professional Engineers of Ontario Engineering Award 2009
Social Case Innovation Competition, National WISE Conference (2nd-place winner) 2015
Canadian Aeronautics Space Institute Free Flight Competition (3rd- place winner) 2012
· Tools: SolidWorks, ANSYS Workbench, Working Model, AutoCAD, Arduino, ArcGIS
§ Programming:C++ (working towards C++ Certified Associate Programmer certification), VBA, Python, MS Office
§ Analysis:MATLAB (Brainmeasures Certified ID: 31460), Minitab, ANSYS, XFoil, Athena Vortex Lattice, FMEA, DOE
Member, Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute 2012-present
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.