Engineer In Training (EIT)
A recent mechanical engineering graduate who combines technical background with valuable project experience. Is passionate about innovation and space exploration and keeps up to date with the latest trends and cutting-edge technologies. Collaborates as a team member to provide exceptional technical support. Also possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships both internally and externally. Continuously builds professional knowledge through online study from MITx outside the normal course load. Exercises discretion and professionalism to handle sensitive information. Is now looking for a graduate position that will make best use of existing skills and experience while also enabling further personal and professional development.
§ Mechanical Engineering
§ Technical Analysis
§ Project Tracking
§ Testing and Validation
§ Project Design
Education and Qualifications
EIT Engineer in Training Ontario Engineering Licensing Program, 2014
Degree: Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, 2014, Most Recent Annual (GPA: 3.67),
(Specialization in Mechatronics and Solid Mechanics)
Course: Advanced Machining, Basic Machining, George Brown College, 2014
Online Study: Introduction to Astronautics, MITx; Computation Structures – Digital Circuits, MITx; Astrophysics X-Series, Australian National University, 2015 – date
Engineering Co-op, Linamar Corporation 2012-2013
§ Significantly improved business efficiency by programming a search/tracking engine in Excel VBA to digitize technical documents, and reduce search time by ~95% i.e. from 15 minutes to under 30 seconds, and labour. (Previously, technical documents were searched manually and without indexing and were inconsistent in accuracy and format.)
§ Employed impeccable attention to detail in reviewing risk assessments, risk control documents and technical manuals to support Product Safety manager.
§ Analyzed Test and Validation results by generating comparative matrices across major standards (ANSi/CSA, CE) to resolve discrepancies between design and manufacturing parameters.
§ Adopted a culture of lean principles and by implementing 5S methodology in the office.
Product Design Team Member, Castle Wars Golf Ball Launcher 2014
· Collaborated with the team of five to design and build an effective golf ball launcher for children.
· Responsible for performing the Design of Experiments (DOE) to highlight what factors affect the design and final output; to determine cause and effect and improve launcher features.
· Determined failure modes and probabilities using DFMEA and Latitude Development Analysis.
· Performed an economic analysis and extensive research to design competitiveness within market.
· Successfully optimized design parameters using full factorial, robust design analysis and mathematical models in Excel for a final launch accuracy of 90% within a 10 cm radius.
Team Leader, U of T Aeronautics Team, Project: CASI Free Flight 2011-2012
· Selected as a team leader for University’s glider entry for the Canadian Aeronautics Space Institute Free Flight Competition (won 3rd place nationally in the competition).
· Ensured that all principles were adhered to i.e. NASA Systems Engineering Principles, Lean Principles and DMAIC.
· Managed the project from initial concept to final delivery whilst motivating a team.
· Scheduled and coordinated work amongst team members and project personnel while tracking project goals and milestones by using Microsoft Office.
· Gained working knowledge of aircraft engines and thrust calculations
· Assisted in designing and optimizing the airfoil and wing subsystem to account for stress distribution using ANSYS
· Developed a scoring function model in MATLAB to prioritize which design factors to be focus on.
· Co-wrote and designed the technical report and presentation, which won 1st place and 2nd place respectively.
Awards and Achievements
U of T Scholar Award 2013
General Motors Women in Engineering Award 2011
Barry Sullivan Award 2010
Professional Engineers of Ontario Engineering Award 2009
Social Case Innovation Competition, National WISE Conference (2nd-place winner) 2015
Canadian Aeronautics Space Institute Free Flight Competition (3rd- place winner) 2012
· Tools: SolidWorks, ANSYS Workbench, Working Model, AutoCAD, Arduino, ArcGIS
§ Programming:C++ (working towards C++ Certified Associate Programmer certification), VBA, Python, MS Office
§ Analysis:MATLAB (Brainmeasures Certified ID: 31460), Minitab, ANSYS, XFoil, Athena Vortex Lattice, FMEA, DOE
Member, Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute 2012-present
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.