Master of Science, Electrical Engineering
UC San Diego
Graduation Date: June 2015
Bachelor of Arts, Physics and Astronomy
Graduation Date: June 2012
· Computational Physics
· Antenna Theory and Design
· Solid State Electronics
· Computation of Electromagnetic Fields
· Laser Electronics
· Fourier Optics
· Observational Astrophysics
· Detection Theory
Skills & Qualifications
· Ability to program in C and MATLAB for scientific applications and data visualization with gnuplot
· Experience in reading circuit diagrams and constructing simple circuits
· Experience in simulating with COMSOL
· Noise processing and analysis of spectra using IRAF
· Demonstrated use of machine shop equipment such as drills, the lathe, and the mill
· Familiar with LINUX interface
· Equipment testing and troubleshooting
· Fluent in Chinese, intermediate level in Japanese
· Familiar with graphic software such as Photoshop and InDesign
Research Assistant– Ultrafast Nanoscale Optics, Shaya Fainman, UCSD 9/1-Present
· Simulate the thresholdless nanolaser using COMSOL
· Evaluate the result of the COMSOL simulation for laser fabrication parameters
Research Assistant– Dept of Physics, Brian Keating, UCSD 1/14-9/14
· Write or edit programs to noise reduce and analyze astronomical data using MATLAB, C, Fortran, or Python
· Construct simple hardware for the Small Radio Telescope
Research Assistant- Dept of Physics and Astronomy, David Meyer, Northwestern University 09/10-06/12
· Assemble databases of coordinates of compact HI clouds through analyzing GALFA fits maps and matching coordinates to the SIMBAD online star catalogue.
· Noise reduction of star spectra using IRAF
Telescope Assistant– Dept of Physics and Astronomy, Michael Smutko, Northwestern University 08/11-06/12
· Lead public outreach events where guests are shown objects in the sky currently in season and given a brief history of the Dearborn Observatory
· Operate and calibrate the Dearborn telescope for weekly public outreach events and classes
Norris TechnicalServiceSupervisor- NorrisStudentCenter, Seamus Egan, NorthwesternUniversity 09/11-06/12
· Host weekly meetings and trainings for the Norris Technical Service staff and report to the Technical Services Manager
· Maintain AV equipment and assess the need for new equipment and replacements
· Also carries out duties of the Norris Technical Services
Norris Technical Service- - NorrisStudentCenter, Seamus Egan, NorthwesternUniversity 09/08-09/11
· Provide customer service and equipment for simple lecture events in auditoriums and smart rooms
· Set up and operate small to large PA sound systems for musical performances and other indoor or outdoor events
· Test and troubleshoot sound systems and other equipment
· Report damages or missing equipment to the Technical Service Supervisor or Manager
Research Fellowships and Memberships
Illinois Space Grant Consortium Summer 2011
Sigma Pi Sigma – Physics Honor Society 2012
American Physical Society 2012
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.