Desired empl. / Occup. Field Planning & Control
From July 2011 – now Head of Business Control International Subsidiaries of Telespazio Group Business Controller of the transnational Business Unit Satellite Systems & Applications (a.i.) Name and address of employer Telespazio S.p.A. (a Finmeccanica / Thales Company), about 600 €M Revenues Type of business or sector AeroSpace & Defence Type of employment Permanent Main activities and responsibilities Middle Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of the Planning & Control Department with the following assignments:
• To ensure, in accordance with the Strategic Plan and the objectives defined by Shareholders, the management of planning and control process (budget, forecast, 5-10 year economic/financial planning, periodical operational final balances, analysis of deviations and risk and opportunities) for the foreign subsidiaries (10 Companies in Europe and South America, for a total amount of about 270 €M Revenues in 2013);
• To support the management of foreign subsidiaries in the analysis and evaluation of the offers and investments;
• To ensure the updating/optimization of supporting process and information systems;
• To support cross-functional initiatives related to the implementation of the Finmeccanica Group value model;
• To support the Administration Department in the management of activities related to the Tax Convention Model OSCE concerning the transfer pricing for Telespazio S.p.A. and to the drawing up of statutory report;
• To support the Head of Planning and Control in the preparation of periodic reports and documentations toward Top Management and shareholders (i.e. Financial Statements, Monthly directional presentations);
• To ensure the manager of the transnational Business Unit “Satellite Systems and Applications” (about 190 €M in 2013) and the heads of Organizational Units in all the steps related to the process of planning&control (Budget, Forecast, Monthly/Quarterly/Year closing), investments analysis, billing/ageing/overdue credits/collections analysis, working capital by program analysis, Labor Cost/Headcount/efficiency/effort analysis (about 250 contracts only in Italy); several business intelligence detailed reports and analysis;
• To support external auditors in their audit on the company accounts for fiscal year.
• From August 2007 to June 2011 Senior Business Controller Defence & Space / Security Units and M&A Owner for CFO
• Name and address of employer Elsag Datamat S.p.A. (a Finmeccanica Company) • Type of business or sector AeroSpace & Defence / Security / Automation • Type of employment Permanent • Main activities and responsibilities Middle Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of the Planning & Control Department with the following assignments:
• To ensure, in accordance with the Strategic Plan and the objectives defined by Shareholders, the management of planning and control process (budget, forecast, 5-10 year economic/financial planning, periodical operational final balances, analysis of deviations and risk and opportunities), regarding the Business Units Space & Defence / Security (about 100 €M Revenues);
• To support the Strategy Department as owner for the Financial Department producing all economic/financial information useful in order to make Merger and Acquisition documents (in particular the transfer of Defence Branch to Selex Sistemi Integrati S.p.A., Space Branch to Telespazio S.p.A. and Banking Branch to Aubay S.p.A.).
• From June 2001 to July 2007 Senior Corporate Controller and Head of Reporting • Name and address of employer Datamat S.p.A. (ITC company listed on Italian Stock Exchange till 2005) • Type of business or sector Aerospace & Defence / ITC for Banking/TLC/Public Administration • Type of employment Permanent • Main activities and responsibilities Middle Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of the Planning & Control Department with the following assignments: • To ensure, in accordance with the Strategic Plan and the objectives defined by Shareholders, the management of planning and control process (budget, forecast, 5-10 year economic/financial planning, periodical operational final balances, analysis of deviations and risk and opportunities) regarding the different Business Unit (about 170 €M Revenues in 2005 Closing);
• To elaborate and provide, through dedicated tools, the flow of financial, economic and accounting information at Group level towards Management and Shareholders;
• To support the Investor Relation Department in the development of reports for roadshow and publication of relevant news;
• To support the Administration Department in the drawing up of Financial Statements. I have also been involved in the takeover process of the Datamat S.p.A. by Finmeccanica (Summer 2005) for all aspects related to Planning, Control and management accounts.
• From June 2000 to June 2001 Financial Controller • Name and address of employer Treno Alta Velocità - TAV S.p.A. (a Ferrovie dello Stato Company) • Type of business or sector Engineering in the railways infrastructure sector. • Type of employment Internship • Main activities and responsibilities Junior, reporting directly to the Head of Planning and Control with the following assignments:
• To ensure the monthly control of Company structure costs;
• To contribute to the realization of a multy-year planning model for the economic and financial return of high-speed rail Business.
• From 1998 to 2000 Assistant of Department / Analyst • Name and address of employer Environmental Economics Department at Università degli Studi Roma “La Sapienza” • Type of business or sector University Education • Type of employment Collaboration • Main activities and responsibilities Support to analysis of data related to Environmental Economics, in particular the Assessment of Environmental Impacts coming from the realization of the Italian High-Speed Railway Project.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING • Academic Year 2000 Economics Degree • Name and type of organization providing education University of Rome “LA SAPIENZA” – Economics and Business Faculty • Main subjects covered by the study Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Accounting, Business Law • Title awarded Doctor in Economics • Score 102/110 • Several Company courses on business management, employee motivation, customer orientation. • AIAF courses and Italian Stock Exchange on issues related to the transition to IAS / IFRS accounting rules.
PERSONAL SKILLS MOTHER TONGUE Italian Understanding Speaking Writing European level (*) Listening Reading Spoken interaction Spoken production Language English B2/C1 English C1 English B2/C1 English B2/C1 English B2 Language French B2 French C2 French B2 French B2 French B2/C1
SOCIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES Effective and synthetic communication skills, gained over time thanks to several years professional experiences and the positions held within the planning and controlling. High level of initiate autonomy and professional maturity in order to carry out complex tasks and high level of responsibility. Ability to handle high volume of numerical data in an accurately, analyze them, and produce synthetic reports. Proactive attitude to solve problems, result orientation, initiative and autonomy in the execution of the assigned tasks. High competence to interpret financial information, recognize and explain the associated business implications. High competence to identify priority actions and to handle high workload. Attitude to establish and strengthen relationships. Honest and trustworthy, respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, flexible.
TECHNICAL SKILLS Specialist Skills in Planning and Controlling: Planning; Controlling, Reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow e Working Capital); Consolidation of the Group accounts and Performing closing process; General accounting; Setting financial statements and reports according with IAS/IFRS; Tax main matters; Financial Analysis; Cash Management activity support; Measurement and Monitoring long term project (Life Cycle Management, Project Control, Risk Management and Earned Value); Appraisal of investments (Cash Flow, Net invested Capital and Capital Expenditure optimization); Industrial Accounting, Business activities Evaluation; KPI evaluation; Support to Listing Process; Implementation of accounting policies & procedures; Merger and Acquisition, Due Diligence, Financial Audit. ICT Knowledge: Expert User of: • Application Software: SAP R/3 (PS-FI-CO-BW SEM) • Business Intelligence :Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Management, Business Object • Hyperion Planning (Budget), Hyperion Essbase e HS9 (Reporting) • Operating Systems: Windows 2000-2010/NT/XP • Office Automation: Windows (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio) • Office Communication MS Communicator / Live Meeting
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS Excellent skills in the management of priorities, ensuring respect of deadlines, organization, planning and management of projects and/or working groups. Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team, both as coordinator and/or collaborator, within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule. Guidance to the objectives, determination and pragmatism. Leadership (now managing a team of business controllers). Ability to work in stressful situations. OTHER SKILLS. Interests: open-air activities (trekking, bike, swimming), travelling, cooking, meeting friends. DRIVING LICENSE “B” European Driving License
OTHER Available to travel in Italy and abroad. Available to move also for long term in Italy and abroad, in front of challenging tasks in terms of professional and managerial growth. Looking for professional growth, dynamic and challenging environment, for a senior management, accountability and management resources. I authorize the use of my personal data according to local regulations.
Rome, 19th January 2015
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.