· Applying over 10 years of experience in commercial management, market analysis, business development and public policy in the Satellite, Telecommunications, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and Mining industries.
· Directing and implementing critical processes and projects to meet revenue, profit and other key targets.
· Managing all stages of the project cycle including consultation, scoping, marketing strategy, commercial operations, strategic bid generation, negotiations and deal structuring.
· Establishing and executing work plans, monitoring progress against milestones, facilitating key decisions and managing stakeholder communications.
· Facilitating goal-setting, budgeting and resource allocation and scorecard performance tracking and measurement.
· Collecting data and analysing investment performances while auditing portfolios as needed.
· Comparing results to benchmarks and analysing them by industry and department as needed.
· Optimising and delivering insightful pipeline metrics reports for weekly meetings including international reporting.
· Developing, updating and maintaining appropriate reporting tools.
Marketing & Client Development
· Developing detailed knowledge of and interest in the company's services in designated regions.
· Conducting outbound prospecting activities with developed or provided leads and qualifying targeted accounts using market segmentation techniques and industry expertise.
· Facilitating negotiations with support from senior management to close sales and meet quotas.
· Demonstrating a track record of closing $2m+ deals in innovative companies where technical aptitude is needed to acquire client business and close sales deals.
Presentation & Communication
· Representing the company in various forums with presentations, papers and other materials to accurately and persuasively impart detailed information about the company and its products.
· Gathering expert insight, building consensus and managing stakeholders at all levels by collaborating with peers, partners, senior leaders, staff and consultants.
· Addressing business and technical issues that arise internally and on customer sites.
· Ensuring successful employee onboarding by communicating performance expectations, creating goal alignment, providing coaching and measuring progress.
· Exercising sound judgment and a creative flair while using influence appropriately to drive work forward.
· Demonstrating technical expertise in motor/generator repairs as well as transformer switchgear/breaker maintenance and repairs with a strong engineering background.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
MSc Finance with Major in Economic Policy, University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, UK, 2014
Bachelor of Applied Science, Electrical Engineering (Hons), Universityof Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 2005
Other courses attended include Building Essential Leadership Skills (BELS) ... Negotiating for Agreement ... Sales Leadership ... Commercial Terms and Conditions.
2014 – Present Business Development Manager, Access Partnership, London, UK
A specialist service helping clients manage regulatory affairs related to market access, licensing, public policy and spectrum analysis in the telecommunications and satellite industries. Reporting to the Director, Market Access, responsibilities include developing creative solutions to overcome key regulatory hurdles and acquire foreign market access for clients in the Oil & Gas, Satellite, Telecommunications and Aerospace verticals. Manage regulatory consulting business development strategy as well as operations, CRM, opportunity tracking and contract review and market segmentation.
· Developed thought leadership on pertinent issues for industry groups including TechUK and Oil & Gas UK and for conferences including GVF Oil & Gas Communications, VSAT 2014, and The Trading Show Chicago.
· Presented on topics including spectrum licensing, technical and regulatory considerations for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) communications and deployment.
· Improved staff sales and business development skills by training 20 members of the staff and management team to grow revenue and secure larger deals.
· Grew the company's profile and exposure in key markets including Satellite, High Frequency Trading and Oil & Gas Sectors by developing account plans and go-to market strategies based on own due diligence and research.
· Led efforts to bid on tenders to government agencies worldwide, built a consortium to bid on European Commission tenders after taking the initiative to identify strategic partners.
2008 – 2013 General Electric / GE Industrial Services / GE Energy Management
A diversified multinational leader in advanced power generation and transmission system construction and maintenance.
2011 – 2013 Sales Manager, General Electric, GE Industrial Services, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Sales Director, Canada; responsibilities included overseeing sales, marketing and business development in an assigned region while developing solutions to provide value to the customer and to maximise their budget spend. Assembled and led teams of experts to consult clients on key issues while heading commercial strategy and managing client relationships at all levels from Manager to Executive. Consulted with customers directly on budgeting and technical issues for high voltage and medium voltage motor and generator maintenance, operation and repair.
· Led negotiation efforts on key deals worth more than $2m and managed sales accounts in excess of $10m.
· Exceeded targets by 30% in 2012 after identifying the most growth-oriented markets, maximising strategic relationships with key accounts and matching the company’s strengths with the client’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Rated as top talent as compared with colleagues across Canada in 2009, 2010 and 2012 as part of GE's internal review system.
2008 - 2011 Commercial Manager, General Electric, GE Energy Services, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Sales Director, Canada; responsibilities included managing commercial and sales processes for motors, generators and hydro-generators in Eastern Canada. Oversaw direct sales efforts, deal structuring, business strategy and proposal preparation. Developed costing, cash flow and pricing models to strategically place products into a regionalized market while leading the negotiations and compliance reviews of long-term contracts and commercial terms.
· Prepared bids worth over $4m for major government-run utilities and private organizations by leading teams of six to eight professionals to review Requests For Proposals.
· Grew revenue in targeted motor repair segments from $1.7m in 2008 to $5.5m in 2010 by streamlining and simplifying the commercial process and re-focusing the company's approach on client key requirements.
2005 - 2008 Applications Engineer, Iris Power LP, Ontario, Canada
A leader in providing specialized testing and inspection products as well as motor and generator services. Reporting to the Sales Director, responsibilities included providing end-to-end project management and consultation of stator winding monitoring equipment for power generation and oil & gas clients. Spearheaded business development and growth strategies for the US and Canadian markets while managing relationships and consulting with key leaders at large Canadian public utilities on power plant operation and maintenance.
· Secured nearly $2m in projects while protecting the company from market-share erosion by actively engaging with new clients and markets and aggressively promoting the company's advantages.
· Recommended remedial measures after analysing the performance of high voltage motor and generator stator windings in nuclear, coal, hydro, oil & gas upstream/downstream facilities, leveraging technical knowledge and determining their risk of failure in relation to client processes.
2001, 2002 & Electrical Engineering Co-op (Three Terms), Siemens VDO Automotive Inc, Ontario, Canada
2004 / Barcelona, Spain
· Gained exposure to the European market and work environment by developing a high-impact business development presentation for the Barcelona operation.
· Helped deliver a significant competitive edge by contributing to the design of patented control circuitry for a new industry-leading four-speed DC motor.
2001 & 2003 Engineering Co-op (Winters Only), Ford Motor Company, Ontario, Canada
· Led a project team in testing and auditing engine blocks in order to identify defects and improve product quality.
· Optimized PLC systems to improve plant information monitoring capabilities and increase manufacturing efficiency.
· Offered two co-op internships involving process and product improvement initiatives in the engine block plant with the objective of increasing product quality and reduced defect rates.
PUBLICATIONS & PATENTS
J. Kargar, “Regulatory Considerations for UAV Deployment”, GVF Oil & Gas Communications Asia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2014
A.Simofi-Ilyes, A.Lakerdas, M.Toner, A.Gubbels, J.Kargar, “Multi-speed Dual Fan Module System for Engine Cooling Applications,” Siemens Corporation, US Patent Application 20060099082, May 2006.
J. Kargar, F. Qasemi, “Recruiting Young Engineers to the Pulp and Paper Industry - Perspectives from Recent Graduates”, IEEE IAS Magazine, January 2008.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.