Earned Value Management, Microsoft Project, AS9100 Quality Management, NESC Risk Management, Status Reporting, Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI), Six Sigma, Confident Public Speaker
Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Safety Assessment, Manned-Mission Design, Avionics Design, Electro-Optical Assembly, MIL-STD, NASA Standards, International Space Station Standards, ARINC Standards, Orbital Mechanics, Orbit Determination, Ground Station Planning, Radiometrics, Holography, Interferometry, and Applied Mathematics
* Project Management Certification (California Institute of Technology)
* Electro-Optical Assembly (Raytheon SAS)
* Clean Room (Raytheon SAS)
* Electro-Static Discharge (Raytheon SAS)
* Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist (Raytheon ITSS)
* NASA Certificate of Recognition – Interim Planetary Atmosphere Navigation for Estimation and Mission Analysis (IPANEMA)
* NASA Certificate of Recognition – Level Zero Archive Manager (L0AM)
* NASA Certificate of Recognition – Information Management System Data Archive and Distribution System (IMS/DADS)
* 2003 Raytheon Peer Award
* 2003 Raytheon Team Award – Vehicle Break-up Analysis Team
* 2002 Raytheon Team Award – George M. Low Award Support Team
* 1999 Raytheon Peer Award
* 1999 Raytheon Team Award – Alaska SAR Facility Development Team
Bigelow Aerospace Las Vegas, NV
Deputy Project Manager/Manager – Systems Engineering
* Project Management: including budget proposals; schedule estimation and maintenance; quality and engineering process tailoring; risk management; team member hiring; resource strategy and status reporting.
* Systems Engineering: including Concept of Operations (ConOps); system architecture design; system requirements capture; Interface Control Documentation (ICD); Component Technical Specifications (CTS); FMEA; IV&V plan; and DOORS schema.
* NASA Safety Review Processes: including hazard assessment; hazard control methodologies & verification; OCAD, NCR and Flight Rule creation.
* Projects: Bigelow Expandable Activity Module (BEAM); Boeing CST-100; NASA Docking System (NDS); Bigelow Systems Engineering Management Plan, Spacecraft Software Architecture, and all System ConOps.
Thales Airborne Systems – In-Flight Entertainment Systems Irvine, CA
Staff Systems Manager – Research & Development
* Project Management: including budget proposals; schedule estimation and maintenance; process tailoring; risk management; team member hiring; resource strategy and status reporting.
* Avionics Systems Engineering: including Concept of Operations (ConOps); requirements capture; DOORS; ARINC, FAR, RTCA, ICAO, Boeing & Airbus standard compliance and trade studies.
* Projects: Airbus A380 BITE; Seat-end VoIP Telephony; Connexion by Boeing Live Global TV; and Rockwell Collins ASXi AirShow moving map.
Raytheon – Space and Airborne Systems El Segundo, CA
Principal Systems Engineer – Sensor Center
* Electro-Optical System Engineering: including ConOps; requirements capture; trade studies; performance analysis; modeling & simulation; algorithms; technical briefs; interface control; survivability; test data review; assembly; integration; and verification & validation testing.
* Required Skills: Secret Clearance; MIL-STD-810F; DOORS; Electro-Optical Assembly Certification; Clean Room Certification; Electro-Static Discharge Certification; Build History Book; Change Control Board; and Requirement Compliance.
* Projects: Track Sensor - Space Tracking and Surveillance System (formerly SBIRS-Low)
Raytheon – Information Technology and Scientific Services Pasadena, CA
Principal Software Systems Engineer – Navigation
* Project Management; including budget proposals, schedule estimation and maintenance, risk management, team member hiring, resource strategy and status reporting.
* Systems Engineering; including software and hardware requirements capture, documentation, software design and test planning with test data generation.
* Software Engineering; including requirements management, design, documentation, implementation, testing and deployment of spacecraft navigation software systems.
* Object oriented design with applied “Use Case” requirements visualization in the Unified Modeling Language (UML.)
* Course Instructor on Object oriented design and programming (OOD/OOP) topics including UML, C++ coding standards, efficiency, and templating/polymorphism idioms.
* Projects: Solar Sail Spacecraft Simulation Software (S5), Vehicle Breakup Analysis (VBA), Atmospheric-Entry & Powered-Landing Simulator (AEPL), Planetary Atmospheric Interim Planetary Atmosphere Navigation For Estimation and Mission Analysis (IPANEMA), MONTE, Automated Radiometric Data Validation. and Real-time Correction (ARDVARC), and Mission Data System (MDS)
Raytheon ITSS Pasadena, CA
Senior Software Systems Engineer – Synthetic Aperture Radar
* Defining software and hardware requirements, design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Data Production and Distribution Systems.
* Team Lead of C/C++/Fortran software developers for Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
* Projects: Alaska SAR Facility Level 0 Archive Manager (LOAM)
Stirling Software Pasadena, CA
Senior Software Engineer
* Design and programming in C/C++ of RDBMS with Sybase Open Client/Open Server POSIX threaded API under Sun/Solaris, SGI/IRIX and DEC/Ultrix.
* Sybase SQL Server Database Administration (DBA).
* Projects: Alaska SAR Facility File Transfer System (FTS)
Enterworks.com Pasadena, CA
* Object oriented design and programming (OOD/OOP) in C/C++ of RDBMS UNIX TCP/IP networked Client/Server applications.
* Projects: Virtual DB – data bridges
National Radio Astronomy Observatory Socorro, NM
Scientific Programming Analyst
* OOD/OOP in C++, C, and FORTRAN under a Sun/Solaris environment.
* Designed and implemented linear algebra, coordinate, image analysis and log/history infrastructures.
* Projects: Astronomical Information Processing System (AIPS++), Mann Engine
University of Wisconsin - Madison Madison, WI
* Dual-etalon Fabry-Perot Spectral Interferometer astronomical observations and digital data reduction.
* Projects: Jupiter Io Plasma Torus, Comet Brorsen-Metcalf, Comet Austin
United States Marine Corps
* Good Conduct Medal
* Honorary Discharge
University of Wisconsin - Madison Madison, WI
Bachelor of Science: Astronomy/Physics and Applied Mathematics
* Recipient of NASA Undergraduate Planetary Research Program grant.
1986-1989 University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Milwaukee, WI
Major: Physics and Mathematics
* Dean’s Honor roll.
* Awarded Sophomore Honors
* English Department Letter of Meritorious Achievement
* “Variations in optical S+ emission from the Io plasma torus: evidence for quasi periodicity” 1997 -- Woodward, R.C., Jr., Scherb, F., Roesler, F.L., ApJ, 479, 984.
* “H2O+ production rates of comets Austin 1990 V and P/Halley 1986 III.” 1993 -- Schultz, D., Scherb, F., Roesler, F.L., Icarus, 104, 185.
* “The O(1D) distribution of Comet Austin 1989c1=1990 V” 1993 --Schultz, D., Li, G.S.H., Scherb, F., Roesler, F.L., Icarus, 101, 95.
* “Comet Austin (1989c1) O(1D) and H2O production rates” 1992 -- Schultz, D., Li, G.S.H., Scherb, F., Roesler, F.L., Icarus, 96, 190.
* “Spectropolarimetric Variability in the Be Star Pi Aqr” 1991 -- K. S. Bjorkman, K. H. Nordsieck, M. A. Nook, G. P. Knopp, A. J. MacDonald, M. J. Wolff, S. M. Diamond, C. M. Anderson, B. L. Babler, A. M. Magalhaes, M. R. Meade, T. P. P. Roberts, R. E. Schulte-Ladbeck and M. Taylor, Bull.A.A.S., 22, 1201.
* “Time-Dependent Spectropolarimetry of Red Long-Period Variables at the Pine Bluff Observatory” 1991 -- A. M. Magalhaes, K. H. Nordsieck, M. A. Nook, G. P. Knopp, C. M. Anderson, B. Babler, K. S. Bjorkman, S. M. Diamond, A. J. Macdonald, M. R. Meade, T. P. P. Roberts, R. E. Schulte-Ladbeck, M. Taylor and M. J. Wolff, Bull.A.A.S., 22, 1209.
* “Polarization in the Envelopes of Wolf-Rayet Stars” 1991 -- R. E. Schulte-Ladbeck, K. H. Nordsieck, M. A. Nook, C. M. Anderson, K. S. Bjorkman, B. Babler, S. M. Diamond, G. P. Knopp, A. M. Magalhaes, A. J. Macdonald, M. R. Meade, T. P. P. Roberts, M. Taylor and M. J. Wolff, Bull.A.A.S., 22, 1201.