11/2014 - Present PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Politecnico di Torino: space exploration robotic systems. Supervisor: Prof. G. Genta. Space Advanced Project Excellence in Research and Enterprise (SAPERE) Edu Systems Technology and Research National Global Operations (STRONG): space robotic grasping manipulator mechanical and control design process at Thales Alenia Space, Turin. Supervisor: S. Ferraris.
09/2013 - 08/2014 Space systems engineer (internship), NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, fully supported by J. Booth, Manager Astrophysics Competed Missions and Technology.
- Implementation of a Python-STK interface to create a trajectory visualization tool for TeamXc concurrent engineering implementation studies for CubeSats.
- Science observation strategy planning Matlab code, Mass Equipment List, Mission Traceability Matrix and Instrument block diagram for the PBR of the astrophysical SMEX mission proposal X-Calibur.
- TeamXc concurrent engineering implementation studies for CubeSats:
1. Mission design engineer for Near Earth Asteroid Detection System, (Matlab, STK).
2. Deputy system engineer and Thermal engineer for The Ionospheric CubeSat Swarm Pathfinder, (Matlab).
- Science Data Analyst in pre-TeamX study and science observation strategy planning Matlab code for the astrophysical SMEX mission proposal SpEAR (Space Explorer for Accretion and Reverberation).
- Member of science team for the astrophysical SMEX mission proposal SWORD (Synoptic Wideband Orbiting Radio Detector), (Python).
- Supported CubeSat concurrent engineering tool creation through the development of a CubeSat component database.
03/2013 - 07/2013 Internship, Mission design engineer in SWING project (Space Weather INvestiGation), ten-people group project, realized during a university course at Politecnico di Milano to design the Phases 0-A-B1 of an innovative space mission. Design and test the whole mission analysis, using Matlab. This work was resented to European Space Agency (ESA) and aerospace companies (Thales Alenia Space, Selex ES).
07/2012 Teaching assistant of Physics at Agostino Bassi Technical Economic High School in Lodi, Italy.
09/2009 - 10/2010 Anechoic chamber test and simulation, using SRSR, on Planck 30GHz corrugated horns for Cosmic Microwave Background measurements, during a university course at Università degli Studi di Milano.
08/2010 Internship, INAF headquarters (National Institute of Astrophysics), Osservatorio Astronomico di Brera, Italy. One-meter telescope observations and data analysis.
09/2009 - 11/2009 Internship, Bachelor degree Thesis at the Astronomical Observatory of the Autonomous Region of the Aosta Valley, Italy. Design and test of a method to quantify the effects of seeing on astronomical images, using LabView.
2007-2009 Partecipation in creation of scientific exhibitions (research work, team work and assembling work) for the scientific association EURESIS:
1. Atmosphere - Myths and Reality of climate change
2. What many stars? - The Milky Way between science, history and art
3. The light, the eyes, the meaning - the human experience of seeing
exhibited at the Meeting for Friendship among Peoples (www.meetingrimini.org/eng) visited by 800000 people every year.
Since 2003 Teaching assistant of Mathematics, Physics, English and French in High School seminars.
2014 - Present PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Politecnico di Torino: space exploration robotic systems. Supervisor: Prof. G. Genta. Expected graduation: November 2017.
Classes: Space robotics, Techniques of robust control, Advanced techniques for highly reliable electronic system design, Mimetic learning, Materials for extreme conditions in aerospace applications, Model predictive control: theory and practice, Attitude determination, guidance and control, Machine learning.
Summer schools: 2015 Italian Society of Professors and Researchers in Automatic Controls (SIDRA) PhD Summer School on Robot Control; 2015 SIDRA PhD Summer School on Underwater Robotics; International Centre for Mechanical Sciences - 2015 Advanced School on "The Art of Modeling Mechanical Systems".
2011 - 2014 Master's Degree in Space Engineering (102/110) (entirely in English), Politecnico di Milano, Italy. Thesis: Scientific analysis of the NASA astrophysical mission concept SWORD.
2009-2011 Master's Degree in Physics (110/110 cum laude), specialized in Astrophysics, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy. Thesis: A statistical study of protostellar disk properties in nearby star forming regions.
2006-2009 Bachelor's Degree in Physics (98/110), Università degli Studi di Milano. Thesis: Application of the Hartmann method to study the effects of seeing on the formation of astronomical images.
09/2004 - 07/2005 One year at the Bundesgymansium Wien 9 High School" in Vienna, Austria, to study German.
Honors and Awards
09/24/2013 DaMaSC-II symposium (Dark Matter in Southern California) at California Institute of Technology in Pasadena supported by Keck Institute for Space Science.
08/24/2011 - 08/26/2011 International symposium on Brain, Mind and Language. The mystery of the unity of the self, hold in the San Marino Republic.
Italian mother tongue
English fluent, good knowledge, PET(B1), TOEIC(C1), iBT TOEFL 91/120 (05/2013)
German fluent, good knowledge
French good knowledge
Spanish discrete knowledge
Russian basic knowledge, TEU(A1)
- Semi professional soccer player in a national division in Italy. Enjoy hiking very much and a lot of different sports. Delight in classical music in particular Dvorak, Mozart, Rachmaninov and Bach and in traveling.
- During college years organization of several star-gazing parties and scientific lessons to high-school students. Active member of CUSL club in Milan (University Cooperative Study and Work - www.cusl.it) that helped students in preparing university classes.
- Volunteer at Hillsides Education Center in Pasadena, CA. Since 1998 active member of CAI club (Italian Alpine Club - www.cai.it).
Letters of reference are available on your request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.