RESEARCH ENGINEER – SPACEBORNE ATMOSPHERIC REMOTE SENSING
Scientific : Remote-sensing, radiative transfer, meteorology, atmospheric composition, climate, water an carbon cycles
Technical : Scientific computing, data and signal processing, instrumentation, LIDAR, spectrometer, optical engineering
Project : Project management (team up to 5 persons), pre-sales activities (call for tenders), project delivery, logistics
Computer Skills: Scientific programming: Python, Matlab, I.D.L, Labview and Scientific programming: Python, Matlab, I.D.L, Labview
Languages: French: Mother tongue, English: Fluent (Common European Frame of Reference level: C.1), German: Intermediate (C.E.F.R level B.1)
Since 04 2015 : Engineer Capgemini Technology Services – Scientific Office - Consultant for CNES - Atmospheric Sounding department, Toulouse
- since 2018: Engagement manager. in charge of Capgemini "atmospheric sounding" projects for CNES: MicroCarb, IASI-NG, MERLIN, MESCAL missions: concept studies, L1, L2 processor and mission simulator developments, system performance studies, CAL/VAL preparation
- 2015-2017 MERLIN: Development of the Level 2 processor and sensitivity studies on L2 products - part of “ground segment” and “performances” working groups - development of an end to end spaceborne simulator. Expert for development of High Spectral Resolution LIDAR (HSRL) simulator in the frame of MESCAL
02-2012 – 01-2014 : Research engineer CNRS - CNRS/IPSL/LSCE (Laboratory:Climate Sciences and Environment), Paris area
- Development of a new mobile Ultra-Violet Raman Water-vapor, Aerosol LIDAR (WALI) and associated data retrieval algorithm: field deployment during Mediterranean project (HyMeX/ChArMEx): study of aerosol/water-vapor cycles and validation of IASI H2O level 2 product
- In charge of instrumentation and field operations for Léman-Baïkal project: aerosol characterization over Europe/Russia
02-2011 – 01-2012 : Post-doctoral researcher CNRS- CNRS/IPSL/LATMOS (Laboratory: Atmosphere, Media, Space Observations), Paris
- In charge of instrumentation and field operations (aircraft, ground-based) and data processing for FENNEC project: Saharan dust sounding
11-2005 – 12-2009 : PhD student funded by CNES / Thales Alenia Space- CNRS / IPSL / LMD (Dynamic Meteorology Laboratory), Paris area, France
0 phase: ESA’s A-SCOPE (Advanced Space Carbon and Climate Observation of Planet Earth) mission: preparation of a DIAL LIDAR mission for atmospheric CO2
- Responsible of Work Package “Spectral Characterization” of ESA project PULSNIR (Pulsed Laser Source in NIR): metrology of a 2 µm OPO laser source developed at ONERA (French Aerospace Laboratory)
- Development of numerical model of space-borne CO2 DIAL: error budget
03-2005 – 09-2005 : Engineer in training LEOSPHERE S.A.S, Paris, France
Development of LIDAR performance assessment and inversion algorithms
2005-2009 : Ph.D. in Physics: Optics and Atmospheric Physics - Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France - With honours - “DIAL LIDAR measurement of atmospheric CO2: preparation of a future space-borne mission” under the supervision of Dr. Pierre. H. FLAMANT
2003-2005 : M.Sc. in Fundamental Physics and Engineering Sciences: Laser and Materials (Currently MIO: Master in Optics Engineering) - University PARIS VII Denis Diderot, Paris, France - Cum Laude
1999-2003: B.Sc. in Physics - University PARIS XII Val-de-Marne (Currently UPEC), Créteil, France
Field campaigns :
2013 Léman-Baîkal project: 5 weeks road campaign from Europe to Siberia
2012 HyMeX project: 6 weeks, Menorca, Spain
2011 FENNEC project : Airborne campaign : 4weeks, Fuerteventura, Spain and ground campaign: 3weeks, Marbella, Spain
2006 AMMA project : 5weeks, Tamanrasset, Algeria
10 co-authorships in peer-reviewed publications
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.