Aerospace Engineer with 8 years of experience working on satellite communications. My areas of expertise are system engineering, requirement derivation, constellations, link budgets, satcom system analysis (focused on the space segment) and orbital simulation.
Senior Systems Design Engineer, Viasat UK, Jun 2019 to Present
• Delivered C#/Matlab scripts for orbital simulations.
• Provided interference analysis.
• Performed satcom systems analysis and capacity overview.
• Provided technical inputs on regulatory comments.
• Estimated satcom system power budget.
• Led Sys. Eng. for UK processes creation and implementation (i.e. adoption of curated V-gate process).
• Provided Demo Plans, System Engineering support, and high-level system design solutions.
• Provided System Engineering support.
Systems Integration Engineer, Viasat UK, Nov 2017 to May 2019
• Led test activities including CMS/drone integration, static and taxi communication tests.
• Provided test plan for the CMS, satcom terminal, and flight tests.
• Supported system integration activities.
• Delivered RAZHAZ safety distance calculation for a satcom terminal’s indoors and outdoors tests.
• Provided RF safety solution for a satcom terminal’s indoors testing activities.
• Reviewed and delivered Risk Assessments for both indoors and outdoors satcom terminal testing activities.
• Performed link budgets.
• Lead Sysems Engineer in the UK and led cooperation effort between USA and UK.
• Derived, reviewed and delivered Tier 1 and Tier 2 requirements.
• Provided a Systems Engineering Management Plan, and PM support.
• Provided high-level system design solutions for terminals and hubs.
Spectrum and Space Development Engineer, Avanti Communications, Sep 2015 to Nov 2017
Space Technologies/Business Development
• Involvement in several projects from bid stages to final delivery as Project Technical Manager or Spectrum Access Expert, i.e. Feasibility study for future telecom on satellite solutions (ESA ARTES 1); Bid for hosting an European Commission payload.
• Involvement in new business opportunities projects where Avanti used its assets in new/different ways to open new markets, i.e. satellite relocation; SBAS projects.
• Project management of feasibility / concept design studies for new spacecraft and payloads, i.e. HTS satellite mission over EMEA (ESA ARTES ¾); Small SBAS platform; Future Avanti satellite.
• Responsible for new filing creation and maintenance of Avanti’s current satellite filings;
• Active participant on coordination activities (i.e. interference analyses) and negotiations;
• Participation in regulatory activities (i.e. ITU working parties, Ofcom preparatory groups).
Graduate Engineer, Avanti Communications, Sep 2013 to Aug 2015
Consultancy / Applied Technologies
• Market Research, Market Analysis and Requirement Derivation for the study of a possible new spacecraft to be incorporated to Avanti’s fleet.
• Radio Frequency Beam Sensing tool development, the tool aimed to calculate the pointing accuracy of Hylas 1 using the data retrieved by Avanti’s CMS;
• Preliminary system architecture design for a possible new spacecraft;
• Development of a new diversity switching test setup to be run while switching between Avanti’s main and diverse antennas.
Business Development and Satellite Regulations
• Frequency interference analysis (DT/T and C/I calculations),
• Participation to Ofcom, techUK and ITU meetings,
• Technical and commercial feasibility studies of future space technologies.
Satellite Operations Centre
• “Cornwall Skill Show 2014” - educational activity.
• Trending Analysis, telemetry retrieval and plotting of all Hylas 2 subsystems;
• Daily tasks such as weekly operations reporting, maneuvers feasibility studies and hardware behavior investigations;
• Mission Control System Software training.
Satellite Resource Management
• Transmission Plan implementation,
• Periodic Capacity reports,
• Payload Commanding activities,
• Link Budget Analysis.
Future Missions Engineering Support
• Supported Avanti’s CTO, on different future mission definition and technology concept design projects.
3-days intensive Network+ course (Feb 2019).
Education & Qualifications
MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering, Cranfield University (UK), Oct 2012 to Sep 2013
Course Director's Prize for Excellent Overall Performance
Aeronautical Engineering, UPC (Spain), Sep 2007 to Oct 2012
with a MSc in Space Engineering
Technical skills: Aerospace Engineering; Satellite Communications; System Engineering; Requirement Derivation; Link Budgets; Bid and Statement of Work preparations; Project Management; GNSS; Satellite Constellations; Orbital Mechanics; Mission, Payload and Spacecraft Design; Regulatory Affairs.
Software skills: STK; SaVi; Matlab and Simulink; Fortran, C++, C# and VBA; Solid Edge and Catia; ANSYS; AutoCAD; MS Office; ITU software.
Soft skills: Fast learning and adaptive capacity; Good team player; Strong organizational skills; Efficient time/task management and multiple priority handling; Responsible; hard-working and very proactive attitude. Good written skills.
Mother tongue(s): Spanish.
Other languages: English and Catalan.
Activities & Interests
Amateur Boxer / Kick Boxer and Kung Fu Purple Sash;
Yogi and an avid reader;
Learning to play the piano.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.
Finally, when posting a job, you consent to have your contact details made public.