from 2009 - GMV Aerospace and Defence, S.A.
as IVV Manager
LEO EO SAR Satellite Flight Operational Control Centre integration and verification
· Responsible for integration and verification of the control centre including mission control, mission planning and flight dynamics subsystems, and integration of the control centre within the mission ground segment.
· Validation campaign planning and execution on-site, coordinating the validation team
· Follow-up of subsystem activities
· ICD and requirements management
· Issue tracking and resolution, interaction with customer
· Support to project management
Key technologies: SAR Imagery, Flight Dynamics, Satellite orbit determination and control, PUS, CCSDS packet telemetry standards, XML.
Tools: ESA/ESOC SCOS-2000, GMV Focussuite, GMV Flexplan, ESA GFTS, IBM Rational DOORS, EADS Casa-Espacio Spacecraft Simulator (based on Terrasar-X SCSIM).
as Technical Leader
Coordination of satellites operational procedure re-engineering activities for a fleet of operational satellites.
Key technologies: Satellite communication systems, Astrium Eurostar 2000/3000, PUS.
Tools: GMV hiFly, .
High-level specification and design of Payload Data Ground Segment evolutions for EO missions.
· Requirement analysis and assessment of impact on existing architecture, requirement derivation, high level architectural design.
Key technologies: EO PDGS, EO data archival and dissemination.
Tools: IBM DOORS, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.
as Project Engineer
Design and deployment of a scalable, distributed data storage and distribution system prototype based on dCache for EO payload data.
· Configuration and deployment of a multi-node virtualized instance of dCache.
· Assessment of performance metrics and requirements compliance.
Key technologies: Linux, Virtualization, Cloud Storage, Hierarchical Storage Manager (HSM)
Tools: dCache, VirtualBox
Galileo RTOS issue tracking management
· LynxOS-178 RTOS issue tracking.
· Remote and on-site support to Galileo GMS customer and RTOS provider for issue analysis and testing.
· Deployment and integration of new versions of the RTOS in the Galileo OSPF SW environment.
Key technologies: RTOS, SNMP, TCP/IP, FTP, Posix.1 (including .1a, .1b, .1c), Unix, network traffic analysis, network protocol debugging.
Tools: Lynuxworks LynxOS-178, Lynuxworks LCS, Lynuxworks Spyker, Wireshark, gcc, gdb.
ESA EGNOS CPF-PS Real Time Management and Communications system
· Product handover and integration at GMV premises.
· HW/SW technology surveys, product evolution design.
Key technologies: DAL-B SW development and verification.
Tools: LTDA Testbed, Lynuxworks LynxOS 3.11, Wind River VxWorks.
DAL-B Embedded Software unit test design and coding
· Design, optimization and maintenance of unit tests on an embedded software
Key technologies: C++, DSP-based SW development and verification, Texas Instruments TMS320 family.
Tools: TI Code Composer Studio, JTAG, QA Cantata++.
Satellite Mission Planning software software development
· Software modules design and implementation to cover mission-specific requirements.
Key technologies: C++, SQL, Satellite Mission Planning, Syntetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging radar operations and commanding.
Tools: GMV Flexplan, Eclipse CDT, MySQL.
Galileo Orbit and Synchronization Processing Facility (OSPF) Real Time Monitoring and Control system (RTMC) development.The OSPF is the core of the Galileo Mission Segment responsible for the estimation of the orbits and clocks of the Galileo satellites. Is a large (220 kloc), distributed, real-time critical software certifiable to RTCA DAL-C level.
· Integration of Monitoring & Control and computation software
· Generation and development of first working version of OSPF
· Development of software modules in the Real Time Monitoring and Control system.
Key technologies: Global Positioning, Real-time programming, Critical Software, Distributed Software, C language, TCP/IP, FTP, SNMP, ASN.1, POSIX.1 (including .1a, .1b, .1c), Galileo SW Standards, RTCA DO-178B (DAL-C).
Tools: Eclipse CDT, gcc, gdb, Sparx Enterprise Architect, IBM Rational DOORS, Marben ASN.1 tools.
2008 - 2009 GMV Aerospace and Defence, S.A. (throughAD MAIOREM Consulting S.L.)
as Consultant RTOS Engineer
· RT software porting from Linux to LynuxWorks LynxOS-178 2.3.0 (Thales PENTXM2 BSP)
· RTOS device driver development
· RTCA-certifiable network stack functional and performance testing
Key technologies: C language, RTCA DO-178B (DAL-C), Realtime OS, network analysis.
Tools: Eclipse CDT, gcc, gdb, wireshark
2007-2008 - Sun Microsystem Italy(through Capgemini S.L.)
Sun Solaris, Linux and SUN mid-frame servers support.
· HW/OS/configuration issues characterization and resolution
· Coordination of system administrators and on-site technicians
· Person of reference in the team on Linux-related issues.
2006-2007 - Master degree final project at MBDA Italy, FINMECCANICA, on Linux kernel certification under RTCA DO-178B.
· Definition of a strategy for certification and assessment of specific issues.
· Implementation of a work chain (including a self-developed automated tool) to convert the actual kernel code into the requirement-based representation required by the standard.
2007 - Master Degree in Computer Science from University of Rome “Tor Vergata”. Thesis under the supervision of Prof. Daniel Pierre Bovet.Thesis title (translated): “Problems and strategies for RTCA DO-178 certification of Linux kernel”
2003-2005 - Two years of study internship at “Universidad Politecnica de Valencia” (UPV).
2004 - Degree in Computer Science from University of Rome “Tor Vergata”. Thesis under the supervision of Prof. Daniel Pierre Bovet.Thesis title (translated): “A Linux kernel module for MPEG-1 video compression”
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Management - Coordination of small workgroups, task planning and follow-up, risk assessment and mitigation, customer relationship, conflict resolution.
Key Products and technologies - EO Satellite Monitoring and Control: ESA/ESOC SCOS-2000, GMV Flexplan, GMV Focussuite. Payload Data Ground Segment Realtime/Embedded Programming, POSIX, Linux Kernel (up to 2.6), Lynuxworks LynxOS-178/LCS/Spyker, TCP/IP, BOOTP, ARP. Background on digital video codecs.
Programming Languages - C (3 years) , C++ (2 years), gdb scripting, Java, MATLAB, bash, HTML, php, SQL.
Development Platforms - Linux (2.4 and 2.6), Lynuxworks LynxOS-178, LynxOS 3, SUN Solaris, Windows 95/98/NT/2000, Microchip PIC32, Texas Instruments TMS320 C5xxx.
Spoken Languages - Italian (native, C2), Spanish (C1), English (B2), French (B1).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.