I graduated in Physics in 2012 (Astrophysics and Cosmology) from Bologna University with a thesis on the optical effects of the stellar ‘crowding’, with Monte Carlo simulations of stellar populations, in order to retrieve information on the stellar content of an image.
I completed (January 2015) a postgraduate Master’s degree program in Satellite Science and Technology at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”. The Program is meant to give a strong background in current topics and technologies related to Space exploration and exploitation.
Within the Master’s degree Program, I have completed my Stage at SERCO s.p.a, working with ESA on the End-to-End simulator of the ALADIN’s Doppler Lidar instrument on board the ESA/Aeolus Mission. During my Stage, I have also worked on the on the re-entry data from of the magnetometers onboard on the ESA GOCE Mission, for which I will provide and characterize a new data product with magnetic data for the whole Mission. These data will constitute a unique dataset given the extremely low-orbit (250 km) that GOCE has been flying into.
I have hands-on experience in Optics, Spectroscopy, Photometry, Data Analysis, Data Reduction, Instrument characterization.
My Bachelor thesis was on asteroids, giving a description of physical and chemical characteristics, and a trainee study on cryo-volcanism phenomena in the Solar System (both carried out at the Department of Astronomy, Bologna).
Data Analysis, Optical Data Reduction (bias correction, dark image, flat field).
Programming languages: C++, Fortran, MatLab, SuperMongo, BASH programming.
OS: Linux, Windows, Mac.
Tools and Softwares: System Tool Kit (STK), Microsoft Office, Open Office,
Mother Language: Italian;
- English (advanced);
- German (good);
- French (fair).
Team Work: I improved greatly this skill in my experience in SERCO s.p.a. as trainee, during which I worked together with the ESA ADM-Aeolus team.
Communication: I developed this skill in University in reporting studies to colleagues and professors. I improved it during the Master STS thanks to courses in Communication and Management. In the experience in Serco s.p.a., I used communication skill to explain progress about the assigned work. I have also collaborated with school teachers in giving lessons of astronomy to young students.
Organization: Self-scheduling of work (in my trainee experience) and of study (during my student’s career) in order to respect deadlines.
Project Management: inside the Master STS, courses of Management gave me the basis of Project Management and Risk Management, applied to space projects.
- Poster (accepted for the Aeolus Cal/Val Workshop in ESA/ESRIN on February 2015): “The Aeolus End-To-End Simulator”.
June 2014 - December 2014
Stage work (as part of the Master’s Program) at SERCO s.p.a. via Sciadonna 24 - 26, Frascati, 00044, Rome, Italy.
The ESA ADM-Aeolus and ALADIN E2S (Aeolus LAser Doppler INstrument End-To-End Simulator).
- ADM-Aeolus: study of the mission; onboard instruments (optical bench, transmitter and receiver assembly, ACCD); LiDAR theory and ALADIN operations; operating modes and calibrations; downlinked data (for aerosols and molecules).
- E2S: software structure; simulation principle (input, output, tunable parameters); installation of E2S on an ESA machine in Linux environment; test running; scenario definition (parametrization of the environment and instrument); analysis of the products; test the simulator performance.
October 2013 - January 2015
Master Degree in Science and Space Technology (Master STS).
Thesis: “Characterization of re-entry data of magnetometers on-board on GOCE” (supervisor: Alberto Bigazzi, SERCO s.p.a.):
- Study of magnetic environment;
- Study of magnetometer on-board on GOCE;
- Analysis of magnetometer/magnetic torquers dataset.
Stage Thesis: “The ADM-Aeolus End-To-End Simulator” (SERCO s.p.a.)
Major Subjects: Data Analysis; Cosmology; Dynamics of Space Flight; Space Exploration; EU Funding; Solar Physics and Interplanetary Medium Physics; Celestial Mechanics; Numerical Methods and Scientific Programming; Space Missions; Earth Observation; Strategies of Management; Instrumentation.
University: Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Via Orazio Raimondo,18 - 00173 Rome, Italy.
October 2007 - September 2012
Laurea Specialistica in Astrofisica e Cosmologia (Five Years Degree).
Thesis: “Statistical theory of ‘crowding’ effects in the stellar photometry of external galaxies” (supervisor: prof. Alberto Buzzoni, Univ. di Bologna):
- The astronomical image (resolution limit, Airy disk, PSF, Surface Brightness);
- The optical effects in astronomical observation (blending and crowding, aberrations);
- Statistical characterization of crowded stellar fields (varying compactness - Surface Brightness - and instrumental resolution);
- Influence in Luminosity Functions;
- Monte Carlo simulations of the H-R diagrams of virtual stellar populations and of real cases with given luminosity function;
- Application to cases of Globular and Open Clusters.
Trainee Thesis: “Monte Carlo sampling procedures of H-R diagrams of stellar populations” (in Department of Astronomy, Bologna).
Major Subjects: Stellar Physics; Dynamics of Galaxies; Interstellar Matter and Galaxy Clusters; Cosmology; Relativity; Collapsed Bodies Physics; Data Analysis; Chemistry and Physics of Interstellar medium; Programming. Instrumentation for Astrophysics with Optics Laboratory in Loiano Observatory: data acquisition at telescope, data reduction (bias, flat field and dark image corrections, globular cluster photometry, rotation curve of disk galaxy, spectrophotometry of elliptical and disk galaxy, of a planetary nebula and of stars belonging to different spectral groups).
University: Alma Mater Studiorum - Università degli Studi di Bologna, Via Zamboni, 33 - 40126 Bologna, Italy.
October 2004 - March 2008
Laurea Triennale in Astronomia (Three Years Degree)
Thesis: “Characteristics of greater Asteroids” (supervisor: prof. Corrado Bartolini):
- Description of the minor bodies of the Solar System (asteroids, comets, centaurs, nano-planets);
- classification (NEO, Asteroids Belt Objects, TNO);
- chemical-physical characterization of the properties of the greater asteroids.
Trainee Thesis: “Cryo-volcanism in the Solar System” (in Department of Astronomy, Bologna).
Major Subject: Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry; Astronomy; Optics (refraction and reflection (lenses and mirrors), focal length, Airy disk, PSF, optical aberrations, optical systems (refracting and reflecting telescopes), interferometry); Stellar Physics, Celestial Mechanics, Galaxies; Cosmology; Instrumentations; Statistics and Laboratory (optical bench, thermodynamics, calorimetry, Geiger counter); Programming (C++ and LaTex).
University: Alma Mater Studiorum - Università degli Studi di Bologna, Via Zamboni, 33 - 40126 Bologna, Italy.
September 1999 - July 2004
Diploma di Maturità Scientifica (Scientific High School Diploma)
Thesis: “Galileo Galilei”: analysis of the figure as scientist and philosopher.
Major Subject: Math, Physics, Science, Literature, Latin, Philosophy, English, German, History, Art.
Liceo Scientifico “Italo Calvino”, Città della Pieve, via Marconi, snc - 06062 Perugia, Italy.
- Availability to work travels.
- Driving license B and own car.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.