From 06/2013 To Present
Beeline Hwy, West Palm Beach, FL (PW/Sikorsky plant)
Position: Mech Design Engineer
Design lead for liquid rocket engine components to provide internal and external customers with agreed to products and services performed to Engineering Standard Work (ESW) within an IPT environment, working closely with Aerothermal, Structures, Perfomance Systems, Manufacturing, Engine Assembly, and customers
Provide input and feedback to create/improve ESW.
Provide timely support for closure of technical issues/ investigations associated with production and development engines (hardware nonconformances, test anomalies, component failures).
· Redesign of RL10 Turbine Rotor and Stators to eliminate complex brazed assemblies (01/2013-08/2014, began task under PWR).
· Design for low cost Carbon-Carbon Nozzle Extension (currently).
· Cause and corrective action for Turbopump Shaft cracking (07/2013-08/2013) and Inducer unseating (07/2014).
Pratt & Whitney
From 05/1989 To 06/2013
Beeline Hwy, West Palm Beach, FL
Position: Mech Design Engineer
Same as position above (AR West Palm Beach was formerly Pratt & Whitney Space Propulsion). Manager: Kent Longenecker (currently manager for HSE South).
Tasks (w/PW references on most recent gas turbine tasks):
· FT4000 Mid-Turbine Transition Ducts Design Jan 2012-Dec2012 (Tony Cherolis, Jason Liles, Kevin White, Bill Doehnert)
· NGPF MRJ/BA Mid-Turbine Vane/Supporting Structure Jan 2010-Oct 2011 (Dave Feindel, Jorge Farah, Jim Allore, Jonathan Burt) 2012 Finalist Team for the PW Leadership Awards.
· NGPF BA HPT Case Design Jan 2009-March 2010 (Jason Arnold, Pat Patel, Jim Chrisikos)
· RS68 and J-2X Turbopump Interpropellant Seals and Turbine Case Flange redesign Mid 2006-2008
· RD180 Turbine Stator Co-Production Mid 2004 – mid 2006 (PW engineering documentation and dwgs for Russian Turbopump)
· F135 CTOL E-Flap Re-Design May 2003- Jan 2004
· COBRA Turbopump design, (adapting SSME pumps to single preburner for 2nd Gen reusable shuttle-type engine) 2001-2002
· Space Shuttle Main Engine Turbopump component design (Impellers, Turbine Ducts, Static and Dynamic Seals) development through certification and into production Mid 1989-2004
Skills: Proficient in UG NX, Teamcenter, ANSYS Workbench and PW systems/tools
Achieved grade level 48 (L5) in 9 years (the highest level attainable for non-managers, declining to move on to management).
Received 7 Eagle or Special Awards from PW plus additional Special Award for RL10 Turbine redesign under Aerojet Rocketdyne (though still on official PW awards form).
I was made a PW Mechanical Design Career Coach in 2003 (East Hartford initiative).
University of Wisconsin
Course of study: Mechanical Engineering
Graduation date: 12/1989
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.