1 Jan 15 - present
Consultant, Space & Security
Space-SI, Centre for Excellence in Space Sciences and Technologies
- Consultancy on emerging EU Space and Security programmes, with special focus on Copernicus and Space Situational Awareness
1 Jan 10- 31 Dec 14
European Union Satellite Centre, Torrejón de Ardoz (Spain)
- management of an international organisation supporting EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) by providing Geospatial Information products and services based on satellite imagery, leading over hundred staff from twenty-one countries
- engagement with EU SatCen key stakeholders, the twenty-eight EU Member States, through the EU SatCen Administrative Board, leading negotiations to approve operational activities and key documents such as the annual work programme and the annual budget
- work with the EU SatCen Board; the EU High Representative for Foreign and Security Policy, and national Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defence to satisfy end-user requirements
- management and introduction of new space and security programmes, such as Copernicus and Space Situational Awareness, and their operationalization.
- support to the missions of international organisations in the field: United Nations Department for Peacekeeping Operations, Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, IAEA
1 Jun 06-31 Dec 09
European Union Satellite Centre, Torrejón de Ardoz (Spain)
- planning, management and implementation of the operational chain of production of GEOINT (geospatial information) products with space-based assets
- management of a security system for handling sensitive information and quality control
- outreach to EU CFSP operations and missions; support to international organisations
1 Aug 02-1 Jun 06
Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in the Kingdom of Spain, Madrid (Spain)
- Slovenian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Spain, with non-residential accreditation to the Principality of Andorra and the Republic of Cuba
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1 Jan 11-31 Dec 11
Cycle des Hautes Études Européenes, Promotion Soares
L'École Nationale d'Administration, Paris/Strasbourg (France)
- governance of EU institutions, development and implementation of EU policies
- inter-institutional negotiation and cooperation
1 Aug 01-31 Aug 01
Program for Senior Executives in International Security
Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge (United States)
- management of international organisations, policy formulation and implementation
- budgetary and administrative processes for international organisations
1 Sep 93-1 Jun 95
Master in Science in Foreign Service with distinction
Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, Washington DC (United States)
- international relations and diplomacy, crisis management and response
- analysis and forecasting in international affairs
1 Sep 90-1 Jun 93
Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs magna cum laude
The American University of Paris / L'Université Américaine de Paris, Paris (France)
- international relations, international economic relations, media and foreign policy
1 Sep 91-1 Feb 92
Certificate for Visiting Scholars in Middle Eastern Studies
The American University of Cairo, Cairo (Egypt)
1 Sep 89-1 Jun 90
Undergraduate study - Dean's List of Best Students
University of Ljubljana, Faculty for Political Science, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
(Levels: A1/A2: Basic user - B1/B2: Independent user - C1/C2: Proficient user)
Organisational / managerial skills
Organiser of negotiations workshops and author of negotiations simulations, providing
trainings for negotiations practitioners in business and public institutions.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.