Seasoned technology professional. Highly motivated with an extensive breadth of interdisciplinary technical and management skills. Proficient in all aspects of systems engineering and product assurance development and delivery for both hardware and software.
Follows a strong sense of ethics, and thereby gained the trust of government regulators (e.g. NASA, DOD) and customers.
- Analyzes detailed complex issues while putting them in the “big picture” context
- Distills key points of complex issues for presentation to executives, regulators
- Effective communicator. Team player and team leader
- Detail oriented while retaining a big picture perspective
Aerospace Systems integration, Safety and QA
· Integrated and tested embedded software systems (missile electronics and spacecraft)
· Real time flight operations for geostationary spacecraft, LEOP and on-orbit
· Principal author of NASA-GB-1740.13-96 NASA, Guidebook for Safety Critical Software Analysis and Development
· Proficient in NASA Payload Safety certification and Range Safety processes
· Hazards analyses, requirements flowdown, verification and validation for commercial and government spacecraft:
· Has performed the following types of hazard analyses on high value space systems, and ground support equipment (electrical and mechanical):
o FMEAs Software safety
o Safety interlocks Failure tolerance
o Pressure vessels Flammability
o Liquid propulsion Solid propulsion
o Pyrotechnics Mechanical systems
o Structures Fracture control
o Data decoding and conversion command interlocks and menus, alarm criteria Operator procedures training sessions (including for astronauts)
M.Sc., Systems Engineering, The City University, London, UK
B.Sc., Physics, Imperial College, University of London, London, UK
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS
Associate Fellow American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Engineer-in-Training – California
President, Oregon L5 Society, a chapter of the National Space Society
Vice Pre3sident, Leeward Space Foundation
Software Quality Assurance engineer and team lead, Oregon
1997 – present
Clients: IBM, Intel, Arris Group, Inc., Northwest Evaluation Association , Trizetto, Regence
IBMTest and validation lead for IBM Systems Director , for network management software
(switch control functionality) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows 2008 servers
Arris Group, Inc.Test and validation for broadband network control, specifically the
subscriber billing sub-system
Trizetto Test and validation for employee benefits web app using QTP
Intel Test and validation of 3rd party apps for Atom based netbooks
Northwest Evaluation Association Test and validation forweb based training evaluation system
Cambia Health Solutions, Inc., Portland, OR Jan 2012 – present
Software Quality Control Engineer - testing complex health insurance portals for employers, providers and members. Using: Selenium, Java, Eclipse, Maven, GIT, Rally, Toad, Oracle, Sybase, Greenplum, TestNG, Fitnesse, Junit
Asteroid Initiatives, LLC – Chief Technology Officer – April 2014 - present
Developed proposals for lunar and asteroid exploration spacecraft
Transorbital Inc. Shareholder, Systems engineer, developing the system design and propulsion stage for the Trailblazer imaging lunar orbiter 2000 – 2006
Micro Systems Engineering, Lake Oswego, Oregon 1996-1998
Validation Lead for cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators and user programmers
· Planned, executed and managed complete validation of a major DOS/embedded pacemaker – initial release and two updates. Acted both as individual contributor and team leader
· Provided test reports for regulator approval requests, including FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA
Lockheed-Martin, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas 1996
Senior Software Engineer for Mission Control
SQA for flight control/planning software. Testing and analysis of mission planning and operations software for the Space Shuttle and International Space Station
· Validated space shuttle control and space station planning software - NASA/ISO standards
· Code inspections for ~20 modules of C and C++ code (each ~200 – 400 lines)
· Test planning, execution and evaluation of the applications on Unix workstations
Raytheon Engineers & Constructors, Cleveland, Ohio 1993-1995
System Safety Engineer, NASA Lewis Research Center (now Glenn Research Center)
· Co-represented NASA at US government- wide software safety committee
· Performed FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA of Spacelab experiments and NASA Space Station Power systems
· Presented safety data packages to NASA Safety Review Boards
· Principal author of the NASA Guidebook for Safety Critical Software Analysis & Development
· Participated in systems design, build and test for space experiments and power systems
Astro Aerospace Corporation (now TRW), Carpinteria, California 1989-1993
System Safety / Product Assurance Engineer
· System safety and software product assurance for NASA Space Station Mobile Transporter (MT), a smart remote controlled electro-mechanical machine
· Performed structural and mechanical FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA of MT
· Compiled and presented data packages for to NASA/Customer Safety Review Boards
Hughes Aircraft Company (Space & Communications), El Segundo, California 1987- 1989
Scientist/Engineer (Level D Manager) lead safety engineer for commercial satellites, interplanetary spacecraft and ground support equipment (electrical and mechanical)
Projects: Galileo, Magellan, Inmarsat-2, Intelsat-6, JCSat, BSB, Galaxy,
HS-601, USN/UHF Follow-On (UFO)
· Lead safety engineer for interplanetary [planet Jupiter] spacecraft: Galileo entry probe
· Achieved ground support equipment certification for many spacecraft (KSC/ETR launches)
· Participated in launch site operations of Galileo Probe at NASA Kennedy Space Center
· Performed FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, evaluated hardware / software /firmware, including power, control, telemetry / telecommand, RF, structures, and pressure vessels
· Completed hazards analysis for Galileo Probe, approved by JPL, NASA ARC, JSC and KSC
· Obtained NASA/USAF range safety approval for BSB/Galaxy and JCSat spacecraft
· Preliminary hazards analysis for HS-601 / UFO spacecraft and upper stage concepts
Ferranti GmbH, Wiesbaden, Germany 1985-1987
Systems Engineer for German navy minehunter systems, including FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA
Vega Space Sytems Engineering, Ltd 1984-1985
Space Systems Engineer for geostationary communications satellites (Marecs-A and Marecs-B2)
at ESA European Space Operations Center, Darmstadt, Germany
British Aerospace, Stevenage, UK 1981- 1984
Launch Vehicle Interface Engineer
Communications satellites: Skynet-4, Olympus, Unisat, Inmarsat-2, Intelsat-6
· Drove NASA/DOD Space Shuttle payload flight approval for communications satellites
· Performed electrical and mechanical FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA for spacecraft, and presented data to UK MOD, NASA and USAF safety review boards
· Specified crew displays including pre- processing, interlocks, alarm criteria, menus. Developed operator procedures, and gave training sessions at NASA JSC (including for astronauts)
CITIZENSHIP: United States of America
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.