POSITION Software Engineer
October 2008 - Present Software Engineer and Technical Supervisor
INSA (Ingeniería y Servicios Aeroespaciales). The company was merged with ISDEFE (Ingeniería de Sistemas para la Defensa de España) from december 2012.
• Engineer and Technical Supervisor at Galileo Programme (10/2014 - Present):
- Under the project “Development of equipment/systems from the Spanish CPA (Competent PRS Authority)": The Public Regulated Service (PRS) is the encrypted navigation service in Galileo Programme, to design a strong signal capable to resist jamming and spoofing.
- Tasks performed: elaboration of the Technical Specifications Sheet for the contractors, project management, technical supervision of hardware and software, communication with supervision team and contractors, elaboration of Sheets and plans using ECSS standards:
►ECSS-M-ST-10C (Space project management: Project planning and implementation)
►ECSS-E-HB-40A (Space engineering: Software engineering handbook)
• Software Engineer at DIANA Programme (10/2008 -01/2015):
- DIANA Programme develops a high speed and high capacity manoeuvrability aerial target UAV created by INTA (Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial).
- Job description: complete technical work and managing tasks for Ground Segment projects "Software Development for DIANA Ground Control Station" and "Software Development for the Automatic Control of an Antenna and Video Platform". Development of software for mission planning and monitoring, flight data analysis, payload managing, data telemetry monitoring and processing at real-time, telecommand generation and transmission to the UAV, spatial geo-referred maps utilization.
- Tasks performed: requirements elicitation, communication with customer, software architectural analysis and design, software development, pattern design programming, progress reports elaboration, follow-up meetings, problem reports resolution and management, project documentation elaboration, test planning, software release production, application installer implementation and software deployment in customer facilities.
- Technologies used: Visual Studio 2005 as IDE (Integrated Development Environment), Visual C++ .NET for developing the software, .NET MapWinGIS plugin (cartographic planning, spatial functions and geo-referred maps utilisation), OpenGL as graphic engine for UAV control panel and 3D map drawing, SQL Server 9.0 as database management system (SQL Server managing applications: SQL Server Management Studio), Apache Subversion as version control system.
• Software Engineer at CEDEA Project “UAV Ground Control Station Development” (09/2011 –05/2012):
- CEDEA (Centro de Experimentación de El Arenosillo) is a centre which belongs to INTA and is located in Mazagón (Huelva). The centre main duties include trajectory analysis and UAV flight monitoring.
- Job description: Development of the mission evaluation module: software for UAV data analysis and processing, obtained during the flight, for the purpose of elaborating a mission final report.
- Tasks performed: requirements elicitation, communication with customer, software architectural analysis and design, software development, follow-up meetings, problem reports resolution and management, project documentation elaboration, test planning, software release production, and software deployment in customer facilities.
- Technologies used: Eclipse as IDE (Integrated Development Environment), Java SE 6 for developing the software, JFreeChart API for graphic toolkit implementation, Linux (Debian) knowledge at user level, PostgreSQL 9.2 as database management system plus PostGIS extension for adding a spatial functions set, Apache Subversion as version control system.
April 2007 – September 2008 Senior Analyst / Programmer
• Projects in Orange (France Telecom): design and implementation of business flows and adapters using TIBCO middleware architectures. Test development and support. Design and development of Java J2SE applications. Technologies used: TIBCO Suite (BusinessWorks, Integration Manager and Designer), adapters (Java and C++), Linux shell scripting.
April 2006 – March 2007 Senior Analyst / Programmer
Cronos Ibérica (Alten)
2004 – March 2006 Internship
• Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Development of Java J2SE applications for the Computer Engineering School (3 months)
• Telefónica I+D. Implementation of the Imagenio platform using Java J2EE and Apache servers (9 months)
• Ya.com. Development of web applications using Java J2EE, servlets and XSL (3 months)
• Axa Seguros e Inversiones. Optimization of a stock projection system, developed in C++ (4 months)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2005 - 2007 Phd in Computer Engineering
• Universidad Complutense de Madrid
• 3 years in doctorate in Computer Architecture and Technology
1999 - 2005 Computer Engineering
• Universidad Complutense de Madrid
October 2014 Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
October 2012 PMI Certified, Project Management Professional (PMP)
October 2010 Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer
February 2015 PostGIS 2. Advanced spatial analysis
• Course instructed by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV) (45 hours)
• Spatial databases (PostgreSQL), GIS cartography, spatial relations and functions, geometry analysis and conversion
November 2011 Embedded Systems Technology in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
• Course instructed by the COIAE (Official Association of Spanish Aeronautic Engineers) (40 hours)
• UAS systems, payloads, navigation, guiding, control, health monitoring, flight tests
May 2011 Introduction to the Certification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
• Course instructed by the COIAE (Official Association of Spanish Aeronautic Engineers) (15 hours)
• Civil and militar normatives which apply to the certification of UAS
2008 UML and Rational Rose
• Development with UML on Rational Rose, and design patterns of software architectures (40 hours)
2005 Development with XML, XSL and Web Services
• Handling of SOAP, DOM, XPath, WML, Web Services (25 hours)
2005 Design of software architectures
• Advanced techniques of pattern design and software architectures (45 hours)
2005 Web application development
• Development of applications using web technologies: XML, XSL, XSLT, xPath, servlets, Weblogic (45 hours)
Mother tongue(s) Spanish
Other language(s) English: Listening (C1), Reading (C1), Speaking (B2), Writing (C1)
• TOEIC Exam, September 2013: 920 points (465 points Listening + 455 points Reading)
• Levels: A1/A2: Basic user - B1/B2: Independent user - C1/C2: Proficient user
• Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• Software Engineering: UML software planning using Rational Rose (9 years).
• C++ programming: Visual C++ .NET (Visual Studio), C++ Builder (6 years).
• Geographic information systems: MapWinGIS (6 years).
• Java programming: Java SE 8 (and previous versions), Java EE. IDEs: Eclipse, JDeveloper, and others (9 years).
• Other programming skills: graphic control development in OpenGL, Linux Shell Scripting (6 years).
• Web and application servers: Apache, Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, OracleAS (2 years).
• Databases: SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle, MySQL, TOAD administration, PostgreSQL (pgAdmin, PostGIS, GDAL) (9 years).
• Versioning control systems: Apache Subversion (6 years).
• Middleware: TIBCO Suite (BusinessWorks, IntegrationManager and Designer) (1 year).
• Office applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, last version included) (10 years).
• Operating systems: Windows (Windows 8 included) and Linux (Red Hat, Debian), user level (10 years).
Driving license A2, B1
Conferences Paper presented “Design and Implementation of a Rendering Algorithm in a SIMD Reconfigurable Architecture (MorphoSys)” in conferences:
• DATE, Design, Automation & Test in Europe. Munich, 2006
• CEDI, Congreso Español De Informática. Granada, 2005
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.