A high efficient, quick-learner and hardworking aerodynamics engineer with hand on industry consulting. Extensive knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques and procedure to develop various industrial products. Successfully completed engineering projects and controlling them in term of time, development and objectives. Excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure as part of a team
Resolving complex technical issues and coming up with fast efficient solutions
Experience of interpreting specifications and preparing technical proposals
Ability to multi-task in a demanding engineering environment
Strong technical background
Self-motivated with a positive and friendly attitude
Able to work without supervision
R&D engineer in fluid dynamics and applied physics for industrial applications. Supervisor of several projects in different areas: conception and design, numerical simulations, testing and experimental work.
The industrial projects I was involved are:
· Improvement of the evacuation of the waste particles in the die sinking electrical discharge machining (EDM) process, CTI project in collaboration with Agie Charmilles SA;
· Design and development of a wire EDM nozzle for aeronautical purpose, in collaboration with Agie Charmilles SA;
· Analysis on the internal aerodynamics of DC rail trains electric circuit breaker, CTI project in collaboration with Sécheron SA;
· Analysis of different design solutions for a grinded particle hoover for a rail maintenance trains, in collaboration with Speno International SA;
· Removing of rubber material from tires by a high pressure water jet, in collaboration with Tyre Recycling Solutions SA;
· Investigation and simulation of the thermal heating during the gluing of plastic components, in collaboration with AISA Automation Industrielle SA;
· Experimental investigation of "sloshing" of a fuel tank for aerospace application, project in collaboration with Thales Alenia Space Italia S.p.a.;
· Wind tunnel campaigns aimed at testing different configurations of a Moto2 motorbike, in collaboration with Rapid Inside NCS;
· Other minor work in collaboration with Mavic, Serge Ferrari AG and Ski French Federation (FFS).
The academic research projects I was involved are:
· Development of a vertical wind tunnel for study of sedimentation and aggregation of volcanic particles, in collaboration with the section of Earth Sciences of the Faculty of Sciences of Geneva University;
· Design and testing of components of a capillarity-based sounding-rocket experiment, and scientific support during for a ESA REXUS program;
· Development and implementation of a code for a transport of a passive scalar for air quality simulation in urban areas, Call R&D project;
· Development of an unmanned aerial vehicle UAV for air quality measurements in urban areas, Call R&D project;
· Wind tunnel investigations of pollution dispersion in a scale model of a large area of the city of Geneva, Call R&D project.
DUCATI-CORSE, 1/2009 - 8/2009
The main activity was the set-up optimization, by using a Ducati-Corse homemade multi-body code and a commercial multi-objective optimization software, and the development of the motorbike for the 2010 motoGP motorbike. I carried out side activities, like data analysis and improving Matlab code for motoGP and superbike championship software.
UNIVERSITY OF PISA
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering, aerodynamics curriculum, 2008
Thesis: "Theoretical optimization of aerodynamic coefficients for a competition bike in order to maximize the performances in a circuit.", in Italian, in collaboration with Ducati-Corse, Bologna, Italy. Final mark: 106/110.
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA CHAMPAIGN
Short term grant as undergraduate student, 2007
International program in Nuclear, Plasma & Radiological Engineering.
UNIVERSITY OF PISA
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, general curriculum, 2006
Thesis: "Simulation of the water hammer's dynamic in hydraulic plants and methods to decrease the pressure peak". Final mark: 109/110.
Proficiency in: Comsol 4.3b, Fluent 13.0.0, Modefrontier v. 4.0.2, Matlab v. 7.1 (included Simulink and GUI), Fastbike, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point).
Intermediate in: OpenFoam v.2.1.0, Pro-Engineer Wildfire v. 3.0, Ansys Workbench v.13.0.0, Ansys DesignModeler v.13.0, Ansys Meshing v.13.0, Ansys ICEM CFD 13.3.
Beginner in: Labview v.2010, Gambit v. 2.4.6, PyroSim v. 2014.4.1208, Microsoft Office (Access).
Native speaker Italian, fluent English and French.
LICENCES & PERMITS
Licensed industrial engineer (A-ind), University of Pisa, 2009
Holder of Swiss Driving license, type A and B.
Holder of Swiss work permits, type B.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
· "Arc fault in enclosure volumes: CFD simulations and experimental tests on representative simple geometries" at 20th international conference on gas discharges and their application.
· "Wind tunnel investigations of pollution dispersion in a scale model of a large area of the city of Geneva" at 22nd International Conference on Modelling, Monitoring and Management of Air Pollution.
· "Development of an unmanned aerial vehicle UAV for air quality measurement in urban areas" at 32nd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference.
· "Dedicated vertical wind tunnel for the study of sedimentation of non-spherical particles." at Review of Scientific Instruments 84, 054501 (2013).
· Supervising of Caesar team for REXUS 13/14 ESA program (sounding rocket campaigns campaign in 2013).
· "Particle hydrodynamics of the electrical discharge machining process. Part 1: Physical considerations and wire EDM process improvement" at 17th CIRP Conference on Electro Physical and Chemical Machining (ISEM), Procedia CIRP Volume 6, 2013, Pages 41–46.
· "Particle hydrodynamics of the electrical discharge machining process. Part 2: Die Sinking Process" at 17th CIRP Conference on Electro Physical and Chemical Machining (ISEM), Procedia CIRP Volume 6, 2013, Pages 47–52.
· "A study of sedimentation and aggregation of volcanic particles based on experiments carried out with a vertical wind tunnel", at 2012 AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, USA, V41B-2795.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.