Seeking a challenging position with a leading organization that will utilize my technical experience in Linux and project management. I would like to contribute to that company’s continued success, while also enhancing my experiences.
Date of Birth: 1/10/1977
Military Status: No Military duties.
Martial Status: Married.
Electric Engineering Bachelor: Faculty of Engineering Ain Shams University – June2000
Overall grade: Good.
Courses and CERTIFICATES:
• RHCSA : Redhat Certified System administrator (Aug 2017)
• ITIL® Foundation Certificate (Dec 2015)
• Introduction to Python 2015
• New Payload System (Orcale linux, Payload application), in Boeing co, USA, May2014
• Satellite Communications fundamentals and link budget
• IBM AIX Certified Specialist - System p Administration.
• HPUX - CSE HP Unix Certified System Engineer.
• HPUX - HA HP Unix High Availability Administrator.
• MCP - Microsoft Windows 2000 Certified Professional
1. IT project management
2. Unix and Linux system administration: Linux (redhat, Oracle), Sun, Tru64, HP unix.
3. Good knowledge of Satellite control concepts: FDS, BUS and Payload.
4. Clusters programs: Veritas, SUN , TRU ASE, Hp service guard and Oracle RAC.
5. Excellent experience with various storage (EVA, Sun, Compaq) and backup solutions (Netbackup)
6. Virtual solutions: Charon AXP, VMware.
7. Good programming skills (Python)
8. Expert in technical documentation: Creating professional network diagrams, operations procedures, preventative maintenance reports, CAB requests and some training materials for users
1. Thuraya Satellite Communications UAE (Mar 2010 – Current)
Job Title: IT Project manager and senior system engineer.
1. Developing project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
2. Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
3. Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
4. Organizing and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
5. Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
6. Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
7. Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
8. Implement, administer, monitor and manage all UNIX / Linux hardware and software.
9. Managing clusters of Veritas, SUN, HP service guard, Tru-Cluster and Oracle RAC.
10. Working with vendors and application admins in software upgrade projects
11. Create needed images and clone drives for disaster recovery purposes
12. Managing backup (Netbackup, Script based)
13. Designing new menus and automation scripts
Top Achievements in Thuraya:
1- Project management of:
- Charon virtualized servers
- Cloning alpha SPCP
- Cloning BUS systems
- TH2 FDS upgrade project
2- Fixing Thuraya Satellite simulator :
Taking initiative, I fixed this device which used to simulate Satellite signals and it was not working when I joined Thuraya, just by studying the archived documents.
3- Creating full Disaster recovery site for our SOC (Satellite operation center):
I have created a full disaster recovery site for our SOC using system documentation and advanced cloning techniques, almost SOLO work, using refurbished servers to finalize the whole DR with a cost of $60,000 instead of $3M which offered by vendors
The DR site consists of:
1- Four clusters of TRU64 based clusters (2 servers and one storage each) for BUS and Payload (Satellite control systems) for two different satellites
2- Four HP servers for FDS (Flight dynamic system) for two different satellites
3- Four SUN machines for DSR (Digital Signal Relay) for two different satellites
4- Replace a faulty core system with clone system created by myself
5- Silver Award 2012
6- Bronze award 2013
7- Bronze award twice 2014
8- Innovation award 2016
2. ITS Bahrain (Mar 09 – Feb10)
Job Title Senior customer support Engineer
1. Follow up and solve all open tickets issued by customers
2. Ensure proper preventative system maintenance as per customer contract
3. Create and maintain up-to-date site documentation.
4. Follow up the needed RFS (Request for professional services)
3. Union National Bank Abu Dhabi (Dec 04 – Feb09)
Job Title IT senior officer
4.American Express Bank –Cairo: (June 01-till July 04)
Job Title: System Engineer
English: Fluent, spoken & written.
French: Basic read and write
Available Dubai license, International license
5 years US visit visa.
1- Steven core – project manager: steven.e.core(at)boeing.com
2- Lynn Stanford – software and ground engineering: lynn.h.stanford(at)boeing.com
1- Satellite control director: Abdulrahman Ameeri: AbdulRahman.Alameeri(at)thuraya.com
2- Ground operation manager: Ibrahim.Alali(at)thuraya.com
3- IT head : Ali.Alali(at)thuraya.com
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.