▪ MEng Space Systems Engineering
-2010 - 2014▪ University of Southampton, UK, achieved: 2.1 Honours
▪ Bachelor of Engineering in Automatics
- 2000 - 2006▪ Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
▪ Electronics and Computing Systems
- 1995 - 2000▪ Technical High School, Kazanlak, Bulgaria
▪ Young Graduate Trainee at ESA-ESTEC, Propulsion Engineering Section (TEC-MPC)
▪ 1 July 2016 – till 31 June 2017
Preliminary Geometrical Design and Performance Estimation of Turbopump for Liquid Rocket Engine, implemented in Matlab (GUI)
Green Propellants Capability-test rig development for chemical compatibility testing and stress corrosion cracking
▪ Research Assistant to Dr Graham Roberts and Prof. A. Musker
▪ 13 April 2015 – 10 July 2015 ▪ University of Southampton,collaboration with SSTL
Development and testing of a 1N monopropellant thruster – UK Space Agency funded project
- Catalyst manufacturing - Test rig modifications and construction - Data Acquisition and Analysis
▪ Summer Internship, supervised by Dr Graham Roberts and Prof. A. Musker
▪ July 2014 – September 2014 ▪ University of Southampton
Testing of novel catalyst bed for rocket thrusters - ESA funded, University of Birmingham collaboration
- Individually preparing, performing and recording data for part of the tests - Developing CAD drawings required for precise machining of the rocket thruster
▪ Summer Internship, supervised by Dr Adrian Tatnall
▪ June 2012 – August 2012 ▪ University of Southampton
- Designing a 3D spacecraft model for a Saturn Ring Explorer Mission - Science Case Study
- Developing a geometrical performance of MetOp-SG’s Microwave Imager and a Microwave Sounder
▪ Research Assistant to Dr Zhe Zhang
▪ October 2010 – May 2011 ▪ University of Southampton
▪ Sales Assistant-customer service
▪ July 2011 – May 2016 ▪ Cotswold Outdoor(one of the biggest retailers in the outdoor industry )
▪ received numerous customer recommendations
▪ TVStudio Assistant
▪ March2005 – September 2010 ▪ Nova TV(one of the largest TV company in Bulgaria )
- Responsible for preparing, operating and setting up equipment at the TV studio
- Coordinating the organization during a live TV broadcast, taking sole responsibility at every part
Relevant Modules and Projects
▪ Group Design Project ▪ Rocket Testing Facility▪
The aim of the SSTL funded project was to design, build and test an on-campus facility for testing small, liquid or hybrid (solid/liquid) rocket thruster systems, including the hybrid engine. Successful tests of the system were conducted and results presented in Space Propulsion 2014, Cologne, Germany, “Development of a small-scale hybrid thruster using hydrogen peroxide as the oxidiser”, Dr G.T. Roberts, University of Southampton.
▪ Summer Internship-2014▪ Testing of Novel Catalyst Bed for Rocket Thrusters▪
ESA funded and with collaboration of the University of Birmingham, novel catalyst bed was tested using an on- campus test facility, previously developed for testing monopropellant and hybrid rocket engines. The conducted tests investigated the decomposition and structural performance of the novel catalyst in a monoprop. thruster.
▪ Individual Project ▪ Transverse Halo Orbit Ring about the Earth ▪
This study dealt with the initial conditions required for situating a swarm of satellites with high area-to-mass ratio into stable transverse halo orbits. The natural drift from the polar orbit position allow designing a mission for Sun power extraction and transmission to the dark side of the Earth.
▪ Concurrent Design for Space Applications▪
Understanding the concept of concurrent spacecraft engineering. Investigating a mission to the Moon and identifying the key design drivers and alternative design concepts. Presenting an integrated approach to the total systems design by providing insight into how the various component subsystems function and interface with one another.
▪ Propulsion ▪ Aircraft Propulsion ▪ Heat Transfer ▪ Aerothermodynamics ▪ Hypersonic & High Temperature Gas Dynamics ▪ Compressible Flow ▪ Finite Element Analysis ▪ Aircraft Structures ▪ Spacecraft Engineering Design ▪ Spacecraft Structural Design ▪ Aerospace Design II ▪ Spacecraft Instrumentation ▪ Astronautics I, II, III ▪ Management
▪ English▪ fluent (TOEFL certificate) ▪ Bulgarian▪ native ▪ Russian▪ native ▪ Spanish▪ basic
Computer and Technical Skills
▪ SolidWorks ▪ LabVIEW ▪ ESA SCDE (Concurrent Design Environment) ▪ MATLAB ▪ Wolfram Mathematica 8 ▪ Python ▪ STK (Satellite Tool Kit) ▪ ANSYS ▪ LaTex ▪ Vanguard Studio ▪ MS Office ▪ basic electrical engineering ▪ Experience in turning, milling, welding ▪ Skilful at operating with instruments
Courses and Certifications
▪ Space Systems Verification and Validation ▪ Human Spaceflight - Analysis and Design ▪ The Ladybird Guide to Spacecraft Operations ▪ Space Challenges, Association Tsiolkovsky’s educational program (2010) ▪ Amateur radio (ham radio) license ▪ Clean driving license category B)
Other skills, Competences and Memberships
▪ Member of Euroavia SoSEDS
▪ Member (2001-2010) of University Rescue Squad-voluntary rescue organisation, Bulgarian Red Cross associate▪ trained for rescue activities ▪ rescue team leader ▪ excellent First Aid knowledge ▪ Participated in many rescue operations
▪ Member (2004-2010) of “National Rescue Squad For Working At Disasters, Accidents and Catastrophes”
▪ Experience in outdoor activities - rock climbing, mountaineering, guide of groups at mountains etc.
▪ High-altitude expeditions in Caucasus (peak Kazbek-5,047 m) and Pamir, reached 6100m altitude on peak Lenin (7134m)
▪ Skydiving - Kazanlak airport, Bulgaria ▪ 1996-2000; ▪ Volleyball ▪ Swimming
▪ Fencing ▪ silver medal from National Student Competition 2006 ▪ bronze medal from Team- National
Project supervisor: Dr Ferran Valencia Bel, Ferran.Valencia.Bel(at)esa.int, (ESA) Office: EA140
Group Design Project: Dr Graham Roberts, G.T.Roberts(at)soton.ac.uk
Prof Antony Musker, tony.musker(at)deltacatuk.com
Former lecturer: Dr Angelo Grubisic, a.grubisic(at)soton.ac.uk, Office: 13/5053
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.