* Over 10 years of practical industry experience in communications systems engineering
* Current PhD candidate in Electrical Engineering specializing in communications at Queen’s University
* Demonstrated history of successfully managing and controlling transponder loading and network traffic
* Performed radio link budget to analyze and manage the capacity and the link performance in satellite links
* Experience working with ITU-R sector’s radio regulations and software tools for frequency coordination and regulatory issues to minimize the impairment allocations of the link performance; and for registration of multi-spot beam satellites in ITU-R
* Thorough knowledge of various standards, architectures, and advanced technologies for multi-spot beam satellite systems in geo and non-geo stationary
* Solid understanding of the interrelationships between technology, performance, applications, and costs
* Highly-developed skills to test and setup end to end communications systems such as VSAT and SNG
* Extensive experience using MATLAB, Satmaster, Satsoft to analyze and model engineering systems
* Proven multi-disciplinary leadership skills and ability to guide project teams
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant 2009-Present
Queen’s University: Kingston, ON
* Present technical issues and problems in the networks and systems to post-doc, graduate students and visiting scholars, and offer novel, practical and cost effective solutions
* Supervise more than 40 students, teaching them how to identify and formulate the problem using algorithms, and to solve problems using a variety of engineering software
* Write various technical reports for small sized projects based on grants and research projects
* Demonstrate strong knowledge of stochastic process skills to analyze and estimate system performance and project efficiency
* Conduct independent research into performance evaluations and analysis of existing work in order to determine improvement solutions
Razaghzadeh (Consulting Company): Kingston, ON
* Offered optimal solutions to plan, deploy and integrate engineering projects; estimated the capital and operational expenses, and provided business models for international clients
Project Manager and Systems Engineering Specialist 2005-2008
Takta (Engineering Company - www.takta.com): Tehran, Iran
* Established capital estimates, forecasted operational costs, and provided systems measure and control project progress versus cost and schedule
* Supervised all phases of several integrated small and large capital projects between $50,000 to $ 3M including: planning, starting, engineering, site surveying, construction, execution, completion, and closing of projects
* Managed design, optimization, and integration of a nationwide project, including 10 digital satellite sites with a proven track record of successful completion and execution
* Designed and deployed an optimal solution to transmit digital TV programs over telecom networks using TVCODEC (MPEG-2 over PDH-G.703)
* Created team work plans for staff, including roles, responsibilities and expectations; provided necessary information, technical reports, and ongoing support to complete tasks effectively
* Documented reports on project status to all Project and Business stakeholders
Manager of Mass Media Services and Senior Supervisor Engineer 1998-2004
I.R.Iran Broadcasting Centre (IRIB): Tehran, Iran
* Worked as an expert on radio regulations and telecommunications network standards in collaboration with ITU-R for frequency coordination and regulatory issues to minimize the impairment allocations of the link performance; and for registration of multi-spot beam satellites in ITU-R
* Wrote technical directions for inspection of networks and system maintenance
* Prepared the RFP for bids and evaluated the respective proposals between $100,000 to $200M
* Performed scheduled tests of the satellite link components to assure end-to-end quality of service; reported the detailed technical status of sites, and managed meetings to identify area of potential risks in development of new sites or to upgrade the concurrent sites
* Negotiated the contracts on behalf of I.R.Iran Broadcasting organization (IRIB) with Intelsat, Eutelsat, Asiasat and Arabsat, and participated in testing their satellites capacity to extend high quality worldwide coverage of the IRIB’s channels
* Promoted mass media facilities and technical services to external customers such as news agencies (e.g., CNN, BBC World, Eurovision), and various sports agencies representing organizations like FIFA and FILA
* Increased departmental revenue by $500,000 within the first 6 months and for the first time in the company’s history
* Supervised an integrated project team, developed estimates, managed costs, established schedule, and executed and completed the project to enhance efficiency of the IRIB’s networks
PhD Candidate, Electrical Engineering 2009-Present
Queen’s University: Kingston ON
* Energy Aware Multicast/Broadcast Single Frequency Network Using Context Information
M.Sc.(ENG.), Communication Systems Engineering 1997
Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST): Tehran, Iran
* Analysis, Design, and Implementation of VOCODERS in Low Bit Rate
B.Sc.(ENG.), Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering 1993
University of Tehran: Tehran, Iran
* Analysis, Design, and Implementation of Microwave Diode Mixer Circuits
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Foundations of Project Management 2012, 2014
Mitacs - Queen’s University: Kingston ON
High Performance Computing 2013
HPCVL: Kingston, ON
Communication Skills 2013
Mitacs - Queen’s University: Kingston ON
Presentation Skills 2012
Mitacs - Queen’s University: Kingston ON
A list of publications, talks and academic activities are available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.