Since 2/2010 Research associate at the Institute of Space Systems, University Stuttgart
· Manager for the inductively heated plasma wind tunnel PWK3
· ESA project, data analysis of the ATV1 observation campaign
· ESA project, planning of the ATV-5 Re-entry Flight Observation campaign
· Mars-Society Germany, development of flight sensor system for the MIRIAM2/Archimedes mission
· DLR project, testing of thermal protection materials, (DLR@UniSt)
· NASA project, participation in the airborne observation campaign of the Japanese Earth re-entry capsule Hayabusa
· Supervision of diploma and bachelor thesis students
· 17 journal and conference papers as main or co-author
09/2014-11/2014 Substitute Teacher for physics courses at the Hölderlin-Gymnasium Stuttgart
2/2010-6/2014 PhD: “Characterization of CO2-Plasmas for entry maneuvers in the Mars atmosphere”, University Stuttgart
· Laser spectroscopy, two photon laser induced fluorescence spectroscopy
· Optical emission spectroscopy
· High-speed imaging
· intrusive measurement techniques
o Heat flux
o Mass specific enthalpy
10/2003 – 01/2010 Diploma in Aerospace engineering, University Stuttgart
· Specialization in space systems and thermodynamics
· Secondary courses: electrical prupulsion, chemical propulsion, unconventional propulsion, plasma flows for technical applications, plasma flows for industrial processes, fuel cells and sensor technology
· Diploma thesis: Analysis of the spectroscopic data from the observation of the Automated Transfer Vehicle ATV1 “Jules Verne”, University Stuttgart
· Student thesis: Investigation of a Helicon Double Layer Thruster, Australian National University (ANU) Canberra, Australia
4/2002-1/2003 Caritasverband Boppard (social service organization), organizational tasks and “meals on wheels”
1993-3/2002 Kant-Gymnasium Boppard, A levels
2012 – 2013 Within the “Graduate Program” at the German Aerospace Center (DLR):
· Basics of project management: successful initiation, planning and conduction of scientific projects
· Basics of communication: preparing difficult dialogs and handling conflicts
· “Effective scientific presentations”
· “Professional communication in scientific environments”
2006 – 2012
· Research student assistant at the Institute of Space Systems
· Tutor for computing courses at the Institute for Computer Applications
· Trainer for volleyball und beach volleyball for the University Stuttgart und the club SV Vaihingen
10/2005 – 3/2006 EADS Space Transportation, Immenstaad/Bodensee: Development and construction of biological experiments for operation on the International Space Station (ISS)
5/2003 WEFO GmbH Thermoplasten, Halsenbach/Hunsrück: die-casting
2/2003 – 4/2003 Schottel GmbH, Spay am Rhein: metal working
Computer skills Matlab, Catia V5, Solid Edge, Fortran, Latex, MS Office
Driving license Class B (Germany)
Hobbies Volleyball, trainer license C for volleyball and beach volleyball
2007/2008 Student thesis at the Australian National University in Canberra
2010 Observation campaign, Palmdale/California, Melbourne/Australia, airborne observation campaign of the Japanese Hayabusa (NASA science airplane DC-8), one of only two European observation instruments aboard
2011 NASA Group Achievement Award to Hayabusa Re-entry Airborne Observation Project for exceptional team achievement in conducting a re-entry airborne observation campaign for the JAXA Hayabusa mission, Washington DC
2010 NASA Ames Honor Award to Hayabusa Re-entry Airborne Observation Team for excellence in the category of Group/Team, NASA Ames Research Centre
2002 Pierre-de-Coubertin-Medaille, Sportbund Rheinland-Pfalz, for sporting performances, fair play and community engagement
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.