Canadian Forces 1990-Present
AIMP Block III Project Manager Jul 11 – Present
Aurora Incremental Modernization Project (AIMP), Ottawa, On.
Project manager for close-out phase of the multi-million dollar increment dedicated to upgrading the operational mission capability of the CP-140 Aircraft fleet. Responsibilities include Technical Authority, Financial and contractual advisor, and leader of the team coordinating the technical development of the multiple sub-system sensors being added to the aircraft.
• Managed the balance of the $300 million project.
• Led 20+ people developing and integrating the 7 sub-systems making up the Block III Increment.
• Spearheaded transition effort from Program Manage Office to Weapons System Management structure for future life-cycle management of aircraft fleet.
Assistant Professor Mar 07 – Jul 11
Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, On.
Undergraduate lecturer in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department teaching 4 courses (80 students). Responsibilities also include supervising fourth year thesis work and co-supervising Master’s Thesis work (2 Students).
• Improved student satisfaction by 35% over previous year (in all courses) by introducing unique interactive lesson formats using a tablet computer.
• Secured nearly $125000 (over 4 years) for graduate studies research
• Spearheaded “Robotics Working Group” combining the efforts of 10 professors over 3 departments.
Robotics Instructor Jun 03 - Mar 07
Canadian Space Agency, St. Hubert, Que.
MSS Operations and Training department of the Canadian Space Agency. Trained astronauts and Mission controllers on Canadian Space Robotics Systems operations
• Taught over 30 Astronauts and 50 mission control personnel
• Established strong credentials for the instructing team, by spearheading the development and implementation of a certification process for new instructors where none existed before.
• Educated and entertained over 300 school-aged children (in both official languages) through space related public appearances using a variety of mediums : Presentations, Video-conferences and Virtual classrooms.
• Coordinated 5000 man-hours of engineering labour, for various departments of the CSA, by establishing an on-the-job training program for Canadian Forces engineers awaiting military training.
Student Summer Employment May 00 - Jul 00
Canadian Forces ADAM development Office, Ottawa, Ont.
A summer student with the aircraft maintenance database management office of the Canadian Airforce.
• Improved aircraft reliability while on overseas deployments by developing a fully deployable local area network allowing technicians to record aircraft maintenance functions while overseas
Student Summer Employment May 99 - Jul 99
Canadian Space Agency, St. Hubert, Que.
A summer student for Space Technologies group of the Canadian Space Agency.
• Designed and developed the hardware and software interfaces that are still in use on the STVF project today.
Avionics Technician Jan 90 - May 96
19 Wing AMS, CFB Comox, B.C.
A certified journeyman avionics technician working at 2nd line maintenance facilities for the CP-140 Aurora, the CC-115 Buffalo, and the CT-133 T-bird aircraft fleets.
• Earned “Exceptional Achievement Award” for outstanding academic and practical results on trades training.
• Earned early promotion to corporal
• Trained over 150 certified technicians during amalgamation of AVS 500 series trades
• Promoted to officer, with full university scholarship (May 1996)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.