Jun. 2014 - Aug. 14 International Space University, Montreal, Canada
Space Studies Program 2014
Major: Space Economics, Law & Policy
Group project editor and team lead for law and policy.
Oct. 2006 - Aug. 12 University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Major: Propulsion systems, Space Law, Space Policy
Thesis: “Vacuum Maglev – an international endeavour for a global space program”
Oct. 2003 - Jul. 06 University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
BEng. Computer Systems
Honours & Awards
2014 Scholarship from the International Space University to attend the Space Studies Program in Montreal, Canada
2013 United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs scholarship to attend and present at the UN/IAF workshop on the use of space technology for economic development, and at the 64th International Astronautical Congress in Beijing, China.
2008 Airbus Industry award to attend flight physics workshop. 1 of 15 students sponsored from across the U.K.
2006 EuroTherm Invensys industry award for the best electronic, electrical and computer systems dissertation.
2014 Sharma, Tanay, Cabrera-Alvardo, Sandra and Langston, Sara, New space development - the political and legal landscape for emerging actors. In: 65th International Astronautical Congress, Toronto, Canada.
Cabrera-Alvarado, Sandra, Langston, Sara and Sharma, Tanay, Developing space: political and socio-economic rationales of emerging space programs. In: 2nd Manfred Lachs Conference on Global Space Governance, Montreal, Canada.
2013 Sharma, Tanay, Ground up development for local and regional frameworks. In: 23rd United Nations/International Astronautical Federation workshop on Space Technology for Economic Development, Beijing, China.
April 2015 Policy & Law Mentor
Startup Weekend Space, Bremen, Germany
· Facilitated in running the startup weekend by coaching 80 participants on relevant aspects of space law and space policy.
· Tutored participants on key differences in national policy and priorities, by highlighting examples from Asia, Europe and North America.
· Reviewed and validated business proposals ensuring they comply with national legislation and conform to international treaties.
Aug. 12 to Date Independent Researcher
· Collaborated with interdisciplinary researchers to access and analyse national space policy for emerging and established actors.
· Conducted cross-comparison of collated results and summarised findings for publications in academic conferences and UN workshops.
· Co-authored academic papers aimed at national policy and decision makers
Nov. 14 to Date Acting Systems Administrator (Apple Macintosh)
Department of Informatics, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
· Oversaw and facilitated Tier 1,2 & 3 support to Apple Mac users while providing cross-platform integration of Apple systems.
· Coordinatedseamless roll out of new equipment, applications and OS upgrades
· Provided remote administration and support for users
· Developed, recorded and managed the departments inventory for all auditable assets.
· Modelled, tested and implemented new automation tools reducing overall infrastructure maintenance cost.
· Authored technical manuals and trained help desk staff.
Feb. 13 to May 14 Sales Executive (UK)
InterGlobe Technologies, Hounslow, UK
· Conducted research and development for marketing programs.
· Developed and managed client programs.
· Liaised with business development teams providing pre/post-sales support.
· Assisted with competitive threat identification
Oct. 08 to Oct 14 Assistant Systems Administrator (Windows)
Department of Informatics, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
· Streamlined support provision for staff and students
· Diagnosed, tested and packaged various windows based software
· Designed and executed internal methods for asset management
· Maintained and administered over 400 machines
· Spearheaded staff training by authoring internal policy and guidance documentation.
· Clarified user requirements and devised new review methods
Sept. 08 - Sept. 12 Senior Residential Advisor & Student representative
Residential Services, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
· Managed and supported a team of 30 residential advisors.
· Oversaw social, welfare and academic support for 1800 students.
· Provided conflict resolution services by mediating and arbitrating disputes.
· Facilitated and supported internal training.
Jul. 04 - Sept. 04 Financial Analyst
Westmill Foods Plc, Enfield, UK
· Assisted in overall management of company accounts
· Coordinated transfer and listing of fixed and liquid assets
· Implemented supply-chain wide cost cutting procedures
· Modelled and implemented automated data acquisition techniques
Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers
American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics
Royal Aeronautical Society
Space Generation Advisory Council
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.