PROFESSIONAL PROFILE · A Space Systems Engineer with ten years of experience in working on large and complex international space projects.
· An enthusiastic team player with extensive experience on spacecraft development and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· The technical skills profile is complemented with knowledge of policy, legal and multidisciplinary issues affecting the space sector.
· Space System Engineering: Strong knowledge of the systems composing a spacecraft acquired over nine years of designing, developing and testing of on-board software.
· Space Projects: Product life cycle, scheduling, resource planning, risk assessment; experience in working with Agile, incremental and waterfall methods.
· Space Technology and Innovation: from technology demonstrator for science missions, like LISA PF, to pioneering projects for satellite communication services, like Quantum, comprehensive understanding of R&D and innovation.
· Space Policy and Law: Analysis of space policies. Good understanding of international treaties, international regulations and standards for the space sector (e.g. IADC, ISO, ECSS, ITU and ITAR). Interest in procurement processes, intellectual property and insurance for the space industry.
· Business Awareness: Knowledge of current space programmes carried out by private corporations, public institutions and academia at national and international level. Familiarity with the Invitation To Tender system and the Small and Medium-sized Enterprise database of the European Space Agency as well as the financial opportunities available through the European Union like FP7.
· Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communicator, with lecturing experience.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL TRACK
Aug 2015 – July 2017 Eutelsat Quantum Project. Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd, Guildford, UK
Space Debris Specialist: Identifying the requirements from the applicable body of regulation, including the French Space Operations Act. Working with the system engineering team to secure the fulfilment of the requirements. Producing the space debris mitigation and disposal plan for the mission, including the verification methods. Reporting on the project activities relevant or specific to space debris mitigation.
Software Product Assurance Responsible: First person to have such role in the company, supporting the platform core team of the highly innovative Quantum programme in capturing and defining requirements, developing plans and reports in the context of the ECSS standards. Liaising with the commercial and institutional customers as well as the prime contractor. Preparing and reviewing data-packages; organizing and chairing milestone reviews.
Jan 2015 - Jun 2015 Consultant. Alten UK Ltd, London, UK
Business development and sale: Supporting the sale team on identifying new potential customers in the UK space sector. Face to face meeting with new and existing accounts for technical specification definition.
Oct 2011 - Jan 2015 Spacecraft System Software Engineer. Airbus Defence and Space, Stevenage UK.
Space systems: Collaboration with system architects in the iterative process of designing, developing and testing the on-board Equipment Manager and AOCS software that will control the Solar Orbiter spacecraft.
Analytical Skills and Problem Solving: Validation and investigation of failures of the previous version of the on-board software, liaising with Toulouse team who produced such software.
Satellite Operations: Correlation between the Attitude and Orbit Control Systems, the several mission modes and the relative operation tasks for the LISA PathFinder mission.
Jun 2007 - Oct 2011 On-Board Software Engineer. SciSys Ltd, Bristol, UK
Technical: Definition, implementation and validation of requirements for space missions like EarthCARE and CryoSat.
Business: Assistance to the Business Development Manager in developing bids and establishing new strategies. Provision of new ideas for innovative uses of satellite technologies and services for the company incubator.
Quality Assurance: Support to the QA Manager before and after a delivery to customers.
Nov 2002 - Apr 2004 Engineering Team Coordinator. RSV srl, Padua, Italy
Customer Facing and Team Work: Project Engineer in a small company that offered consultancy to a large spectrum of industries. Liaison between customers and the design team.
Costs Budgeting and Innovation: Maintenance of cost budgets for projects. Investigation of new market opportunities and potential benefits in deploying new technologies.
Jan 2013 - Present Part-time PhD Student, London Institute of Space Policy and Law, UK
Space policy and law: Research concerning the problem of outer space debris. National and international policy analysis, investigating the feasibility of a legal framework based on recent legislation in European Environmental Law and its effects for the Medium Earth Orbit and the Geostationary Transfer Orbit regions. Focus on 1 to 10 cm space debris from which spacecraft cannot be shielded and which cannot be tracked by optical or radar systems.
Correlated Activities: Lecturing on Space Applications and Technologies for the institute on Space Policy and Law (2014). Academic publishing. Participation to conferences, seminars and roundtables on international space policy and law. Collaboration with the London Institute of Space Policy and Law Director for the seminar on Space Security.
Oct 2001 - Sept 2002 Master of Science in Astronautics and Space Engineering, Cranfield University, UK
Group Project: “Multi-University Space Technology Advanced Nano-satellite Group”. To demonstrate the feasibility of Micro Systems Technology in space and formation flying of two nano-satellites.
Dissertation: “A geostationary telecommunications antenna implemented using tethered nano-satellites”. Evaluation of a possible replacement for a conventional large satellite in GEO with a Distributed Satellite System (DSS), represented by a set of tethered nano-satellites. Identification of possible commercial applications and of the user requirements and system level design. Analysis of the innovative key elements of the system against users’ needs.
1999 Postgraduate Course in Space Systems, University of Padua, Italy
Research Activity: Involvement in the design of the Wide Angle Camera for the Rosetta Mission.
1993 - 1998 Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Aerospace Engineering, University of Bologna, Italy.
Dissertation: “Inter-satellites Link Communication”. Analysis of system and architectural advantages of inter-satellite links. Options assessment for inter-satellite communication systems in radio or optical frequency, and their impacts on the other sub-systems of a spacecraft.
2004 - 2007 After relocating back to England, I explored two projects: one was the opportunity of a Doctor of Philosophy
degree and the other one was related to the wine industry, neither of which I chose to pursue. During that
period, I supported myself by working in the hospitality industry in a variety of customer facing roles.
2000 - 2001 Italian government "Civil Service", within the Health Department of Padua, Italy.
Familiarity with DOORS; Jira; ClearCase and ClearQuest; MS Project; UML Studio; MS Office.
Proficiency in programming in C;
Knowledge of ADA, Java, and Fortran; MatLab, Simulink, Satellite Tool Kit, and LabView.
Italian: Mother tongue
French: Basic knowledge
Spanish: Basic knowledge
ASSOCIATIONS & INTERESTS
I have Security Clearance (Level SC) vetted by the Home Office.
Astronomical Society Memberships: (2001-2002) Cranfield Astronomical society with permission to use the association’s telescopes.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.