Available for Relocation
OCCUPATIONAL DIRECTION: A technical support role in observational astronomy and/or astrophysical research.
KEY COMPETENCIES: Spectrometry / Spectral analysis / Interferometry / Optics / CCD cameras / Photon counters / Data reduction & analysis / Error propagation / Image analysis / Image drizzling / Instrument calibration / Geopositioning / Technical support / Troubleshooting / Documentation / Cryogen handling / Astrophysical concepts / Telescope operations / Queue observations / Modern observing methods / Circuitry design / Programming / Complex problem solving / Physical system modeling / Public outreach programs / Interdisciplinary research / Presentation design
TELESCOPES AND SOFTWARE
Telescopes: Cassegrain, Dobsonian, Newtonian Telescopes; Equatorial and azimuthal mounts
Analytical / scientific software: IDL, IRAF, ROOT
Programming & software: Java, Python, Windows, Linux, Mac, MS Office, LaTeX, HTML
Master of Science, Physics & Astronomy, Georgia State University, 2012, GPA: 3.58 / 4.00
Bachelor of Arts, Physics with concentration in Astrophysics, Oberlin College
OCCUPATIONAL & RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
2014 to 2015 Research Analyst iP2Biz, LLC, Atlanta, GA
• Investigate and present to corporate clients recommendations to resolve concerns impeding progress
• Analyze market and industry landscape to assess potentially innovative opportunities for clients
• Examine existing and emerging technologies, research, and patents to aid client innovation
2012 to 2014 Continuing Education / Training
• Enrolled in programming courses to further develop computational knowledge and competency
• Read newly published academic astrophysical literature to expand knowledge and maintain relevance
2010 to 2012 Teaching Assistant and Lab Instructor Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
• Taught lab sections of introductory astronomy courses ranging from Solar system to basic cosmology
• Created and supervised term-long projects with a variety of astronomical subjects for students
2011 to 2011 Graduate Research Project: Seyfert I Galaxies Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN) Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
• Researched correlation between dark matter haloes and supermassive black holes in Seyfert galaxies
• Recorded neutral hydrogen and total galactic mass of targets from research in galactic catalogs
• Utilized IRAF to analyze images and obtain light profiles for total stellar mass
2010 –2012 Public Outreach in Astronomy Hard Labor Creek Observatory, Rutledge, GA
• Assisted faculty and graduate students in telescope operation
• Aided in public presentations and responded to audience questions
Winter 2009 Independent Research Project: Gravitational Waves Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH
• Read published academic works and demonstrated conceptual understanding for physics faculty
Summer 2009 Undergraduate Research Project: Particle Detection Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
• Investigated issue of units of detection in tanks of High Altitude Water Cherenkov (HAWC) detector experiment by utilizing ROOT to simulate cosmic particle detection
Fall 2008 Undergraduate Projects: Computational Physics Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH
• Programmed in Java to model physical systems such as elastic collisions and solve complex problems such as the “Traveling Salesman” problem by utilizing genetic algorithms
Spring 2008 Amateur Projects: Stargazing and Mapping Blood Mountain / Appalachia, North Georgia
• Utilized trigonometric methods to record right ascension & declination to plot sections of the night sky to demonstrate understanding of early astronomical mapping methods
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Data analysis: Well versed in data analysis, continually upgrading knowledge through research projects and self-learning
• Equipment calibration: Experience in calibrating equipment and data recording
• Equipment operation / maintenance: Exposure to highly technical equipment; operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, training, and scope of use
• Programming: Ongoing interest in expanding coding abilities and learning new languages
• Presentation skills: Proficiency in communicating to all levels of participants; comfortable in front of a group presenting technical information / data
• Research: Enjoy discussing, planning, executing, and validating hypotheses and data
• Safety: Understand the safe operation of observational equipment, use of lasers, and handling of cryogens
• Inventory: Able to keep accurate records of equipment, parts, inventory, and reference materials
• Timeliness: Strong time management skills, keen awareness of the need to meet critical deadlines
• Planning: Partner with team to design, execute, and monitor plans for projects / daily responsibilities
• Team work: Responsible member; clarify role, task, and outcomes of projects
• Optics modeling: Familiarity with optical design for assembly, analysis, and experimentation
• Technical support: Exceptional technical aptitude; easily understand complex equipment operations and capabilities; troubleshoot and partner with peers to continually expand abilities
• Supervision: Competent in supervising peers and students in a professional setting
2006 to 2010 Audiovisual Equipment Assistant Oberlin College Center for Information Technology, Oberlin, OH
• Inspected and inventoried all audiovisual equipment and operated during presentations and events
• Equipment included large scale equipment including PA systems and large projector screens, worked on special projects such as operating special equipment (e.g., 16mm projectors)
2009 to 2010 College Radio Genre Director 91.5MHz WOBC-FM, Oberlin, OH
• Organized materials, schedules, attended administrative meetings, and scheduled interviews with artists
• Interacted with public relations and promotional representatives
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.