Medical Doctor, MSc Space Studies
Born on 22/05/1987 in Athens, Greece
Master’s degree in Space Studies, International Space University, France (2013).
Medical Doctor (6 academic years),Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2012).
Medical and Research experience: One year of conducting broad-spectrum Biomedical Research on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) at the space analogue Concordia Station in Antarctica (2014).
Clinical medical traineeship as part of obligatory military service in Greece (current - 2015) and earlier in the Regional Health Center of Tyrnavos, Larissa, Greece (2010).
Other Practice Abroad (selected references):
Three-month Internship at the Space Medicine Office of the European Astronaut Centre, ESA, Cologne, Germany, summer 2013.
Student Exchange (IFMSA): 1 month of clinical practice in Endocrinology, UANL University, Monterrey, Mexico, July 2011.
Student Exchange (IFMSA): 1 month of clinical practice in General Surgery, PUCCAMP University, Campinas, Brazil, August 2010.
Languages spoken (other than native Greek):
· English– Certificate of Proficiency in English, University of Cambridge, 2002 and IELTS Academic Module, grade 8.0, 2012.
· German– B2 certificate, Goethe Institut, 2012.
· French(B1 level).
Python: Verified Coursera online Certificate for successfully completing the Introductory Interactive Programming course on Python, Rice University, 2014.
IT Skills: International Diploma (MS Word, MS Excel, Internet),Uni. of Cambridge, 2009.
Attended or presented material at twelve (12) scientific conferences, 2005-2014 (incl. IAA Humans In Space 2013, IAC 2013 and ASMA 2014, Detailed list available).
ALS, Advanced Life Support seminar, European Resuscitation Council, 2012.
Research and selected Publications
· “Developing the medical and psychological Astronaut Selection Criteria for future human missions to Mars”, ESA, presented in AsMA 2014, San Diego.
· “Reversible Figures Experiment”, Control study for the ESA Neuroscience experiment on the ISS, presented in Humans In Space, Cologne, 2013.
· Potential relation of the Metabolic Syndrome to students’ eating, drinking & social habits (Nutritional Medicine, 120 test subjects), 2009.
· Potential addiction of students to computers and internet use (Psychiatry, 200 Test Subjects), 2010.
· “Mars-X: Human Exploration of Mars from Martian orbit”, 2013, a Team Project of the International Space University, proposed by NASA. Contributed as Project Manager, responsible for human Space Physiology research.
Ø Long-distance running: Paris Marathon, 2013; also reportedly the first person to complete a Marathon in Dome C, Antarctica, 2014 (-30˚C, 3233m altitude).
Ø Scuba diving: PADI Open Water diver certificate, 2012.
Ø Outreach activities:Representing Greece at the Space Generation Advisory Council.
· Selection for the ESA MD Concordia post after competing at European level, 2013.
· ESA Scholarship offer for MSc. of Space Studies at ISU, Strasbourg, 2012.
· Official MENSA test result of 135(99%), 2012.
o Prof. Gilles Clement, ISU, CNES chair, Space Physiology research.
o Dr. Basil Tarlatzis, Dean of AUTh Department of Medicine.
o Dr. Konstantinos Fokas, Professor of Psychiatry, AUTh Department of Medicine.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.