A highly efficient, hardworking and result-driven optical engineer with a comprehensive understanding of project life-cycle and stages and also optical manufacturing, integration and testing methods. Possessing a good team spirit, deadline orientated and having the ability to learn and excelling at new technical domains as needed. He is also experience in the coordination of R&D activities, multidisciplinary problem solver, and accustomed to interface and assist communication with external bodies, such as, suppliers and sub-contractors. He enjoys pursuing and applying knowledge in a variety of scientic, engineering, and creative fields. If he doesn't know it, he will learn it!
Keen to nd a challenging and suitable engineering position with a ambitious company that offers
opportunities for career development and advancement.
ATG Europe B.V. January 2016 - Present
Optical Engineer, Contractor for ESTEC/ESA Noordwijk, The Netherlands
• Responsible for providing technical support to both industrial partners and internal engineering functions to ensure ESA projects are delivered on time and within specications. Responsible of implementing and monitoring of R&D activities as technical ocer with industrial partners. Involved in testing of optical components to support on the qualication of engineering models. Responsible for the preparation of technical workshops and conferences.
► Monitor the progress of projects in the optical engineering discipline, review relevant aspects of
subsystems and components assess test plans and perform verication checks.
► Provide analytical support to critical design reviews of on-going projects by performing shadow
► Initiate and build independent models on the basis of project requirements.
► Denition of requirements specications through simulation to verify the compliance of the proposed design to radiometric, image quality, stray light and other requirements.
► Communicating with industrial partners to resolve engineering and/or manufacturing issues.
► Oversee manufacturing, testing and integration of optics by Contractor and Subcontractors to
ensure the delivery of compliant hardware.
► Visiting Subcontractors for inspection and acceptance of ight hardware.
► Writing statement of work for implementation of new R&D activities.
► Planning, setting-up and execution of experiments and measurements of optical and opto-electronics systems, devices and components in clean-room environment.
► Involved in the development and improvement of the test functions, putting forward suggestions
and implementing plans accordingly.
► Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to line management.
ESTEC/ESA April 2014 - December 2015
Young Graduate Trainee Noordwijk, The Netherlands
• Responsible for performing specic analysis of payloads, with standard optical design and analysis tools (ZEMAX, ASAP and FRED) as well as with the general numerical simulation software such as Matlab. Planning, setting-up and execution of experiments and measurements of optical and Opto-electronics systems, devices and components.
► Perform analysis of instrument performance aspects (radiometric performance, imaging performance, stray light, etc.).
► Analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of optical measurement data and results and provision of formal written reports to the laboratory customers.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize and plan eectively.
• Methodical approach to all tasks.
• Able to work without supervision.
• Able to assist test engineers.
• Quick and motivated learner.
• Optical Software Tools very good command of FRED, ASAP & Zemax
• Office Suites very good command of Word, Excel & Powerpoint
• Math Software Tool very good command of Matlab
• CAD Design Software good command of SolidWorks
Portuguese native speaker (mother tongue)
French reading uent, writing good, verbal uent
English reading uent, writing good, verbal uent
University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal July 2011 - September 2013
Master in Physics Engineering
University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal September 2007 - July 2011
Degree in Physics Engineering
REFERENCES - Available on request.
• Optomechanical Systems Engineering March 2018
UCI Division of Continuing Education, Irvine, USA
• Optical Systems Engineering November 2017
UCI Division of Continuing Education, Irvine, USA
• Optical System Design June 2016
University of Rochester, Rochester, USA
• Space Optics Instrument Design & Technology: Course for Professionals May 2016
European Space Agency, Sardinia, Italy
• Space-Borne Remote Sensing December 2014
Carl-Cranz-Gesellschaft e.V., Noordwijk, Netherlands
• Space System Engineering June 2014
University of Southampton, Noordwijk, Netherlands
PUBLICATIONS AND CONGRESS PROCEEDINGS
1. Valentina Raimondi, Enrico Magli, Daniela Coltuc, Demetrio Labate, Alessandro Barducci, Stefano Baronti, Giulio Coluccia, Florin Garoi, Donatella Guzzi, Iuliana Iordache, Cinzia Lastri,
Vanni Nardino, Lorenzo Palombi, Ivan Pippi, Alessandro Zuccaro-Marchi, Micael Miranda, "Optical
Compressive Sensing Technologies for Space Applications: a Pros and Cons Analysis
of Application-Driven Instrumental Concepts", OBPDC16 Workshop, 28 September, 2016.
2. M. D. Miranda, F. Vaca Chavez, T.M.R. Maria, M. E. S. Eusebio, P.J. Sebasti~ao, P. Martn-Ramos, J. L. Figueirinhas & M. Ramos Silva, "Synthesis of liquid crystals based on hydrogen-
bonding of 4-(Octyloxy)benzoic acid with 4-alkylbenzoic acids", Molecular Crystals and
Liquid Crystals, Volume 630, Issue 1, pp. 87-101, July 2016
3. Ivan Ferrario, Massimiliano Rossi, Fabio E. Zocchi, Giovanni Bianucci, Silvio Simon Conticello,
Marco Esposito, Luca Maresi, Alessando Zuccaro Marchi, Micael D. Miranda, Saroj K. Mahalik,
"HyperStreego: reactive payload", 4S Symposium, 2 June, 2016.
4. S.S. Conticello, P. Foglia Manzillo, C.N. van Dijk, N. Vercruyssen, M. Esposito, P.J. Baeck, I. Benhadj, S. Livens, B. Delaure, M. Soukup, J. Gailis, D. Fantin, A. Jochemsen, C. Aas, M. Menenti, B.G.H. Gorte, S.E. Hosseini Aria, M.D. Miranda, S.K. Mahalik, "Hyperspectral imaging for
real time land and vegetation inspection", 4S Symposium, 2 June, 2016.
5. Ilias Manolis, Jean-Loup Bezy, Alessandra Costantino, Ramon Vink, Atul Deep, Munadi Ahmad, Emmanuel Amorim, Micael D. Miranda and Roland Meynart, "The ESA RADGLASS
activity: A radiation study of non rad-hard glasses", SPIE Remote Sensing Conference,
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.