Currently pursuing my PhD at University of Surrey Expected Date of Completion Sep’2015
Software Defined Radios (SDRs) for Multi-Satellite Communications
MSc Space Technology and Planetary Exploration 2011-2012
University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
Project: Rocket & Balloon Experiment for University Students (REXUS) Experiment: Flight Hardware
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communications 2005-2009
Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka, India
Project: Miniaturised CMOS Camera with Image Compression and Attitude Determination and Control Systems (ADCS) for Small Satellite Application
PROJECT INVESTIGATOR, June 2010 – Sep 2011
NITTE MEENAKSHI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Project: STUDentSATellite 2 (STUDSAT-2)
· System Engineer and subsystem head for Attitude Determination and Control Systems (ADCS) and Ground Station.
· Wrote a technical proposal which was granted $ 72300 towards Project STUDSAT-2
STRaND-1 (Surrey Training Research and Nano-satellite Demonstrator)
· On-board: Camera and Memory interface. Nov 2012 – Dec 2012
· Post launch activities involved tracking and commanding the satellite. Feb 2013 – March 2013
SYSTEM ENGINEER, Aug 2008 – Oct 2010
NITTE MEENAKSHI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BANGALORE, INDIA
Project: STUDentSATellite 1 (STUDSAT-1, the first Indian Pico Satellite for PSLV-C15)
· Responsible for the overall completion of the project as a System Engineer.
· Used EAGLE and CADENCE-CAPTURE for the entire PCB’s schematic according to Space standards.
· Ensured the qualification of the hardware components of the Satellite.
· Responsible for Pre and Post Launch activities.
· Hardware Description Languages: VHDL.
· High Level Languages: Embedded C, C++.
· FPGA – Artix -7, Zynq; Microcontrollers: 8051, 8085, 8086, Atmega16.
· Tools: Satellite Tool Kit (STK) 9.2, MATLAB, Nova for Windows,Orbitron, Gpredict, Xilinx ISE, ModelSim ISE, Vivado.
· PCB designing tools:EAGLE, CADENCE-CAPTURE and ZUKEN CADSTAR
· Operating Systems:WINDOWS XP/Vista/7,UBUNTU
· Maheshwarappa, Mamatha R; Bowyer Mark and Bridges, Christopher P. (2015) ‘SDR for Parallel Satellite Reception in Mobile/Deployable Ground Segments’ for Small Satellite Conference, Utah, USA.
· Maheshwarappa, Mamatha R; Bowyer Mark and Bridges, Christopher P. (2015) 'SDR Performance of Different CPU Cores for Small Satellite Applications' for Aerospace Science and Technology Journal. [Under Review]
· Maheshwarappa, Mamatha R; Bowyer Mark and Bridges, Christopher P. (2015) 'Software Defined Radio (SDR) Architecture to Support Multi-Satellite Communications' for IEEE Aerospace Conference, Montana, Big Sky, United States. DOI:10.1109/AERO.2015.7119186
· Maheshwarappa, Mamatha R.; Bridges, Christopher P. (2014) ‘Software Defined Radios (SDRs) for Small Satellites’ Proceeding of the NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems at University of Leicester, United Kingdom.DOI: 10.1109/AHS.2014.6880174
· Authored for the paper entitled with “STUDentSATellite (STUDSAT): India’s First Pico-Satellite” at 32nd IEEE Aerospace Conference with AIAA –2011.DOI: 10.1109/AERO.2011.5747469
· Coauthored for the paper entitled with “Attitude Determination & Control System (ADCS) of Pico-Satellite” at Student Conference III, 61st International Astronautical Congress (IAC) 2010 organized by Czech Space Office, International Astronautical Federation (IAF), International Academy of Astronautics, and International Institute of Space Law. Ref: IAC-10,E2,3,4,x7939.brief.pdf
· Member of the team whichauthored for the paper entitled with “STUDSAT-Pico-Satellite for imaging” at Student Conference III, 59th International Astronautical Congress (IAC) 2008 organized by British Interplanetary Society, International Astronautical Federation (IAF), International Academy of Astronautics, and International Institute of Space Law. October 2008. Glasgow, UK
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
· Project STUDSAT entered the Limca Book of Records, National Award 2011 as a smallest satellite designed and developed by students.
· Presented and won The Best Paper Award (1st Place) at all India student project contest 2010 organized by IEEE Aerospace & Electronics Society
· Best Presentation Award1st prize at Indian Small Satellite System Conference-1(ISSSC-1). April 2010
· Best Paper Award1stprize at Indian Small Satellite System Conference-1(ISSSC-1) for the paper entitled “STUDSAT- India’s First Pico-Satellite”. April 2010
· Best Academic Project Awardfor the project titled “Miniaturised CMOS Camera with Image Compression and ADCS for Small Satellite Application” inthe year of 2008/09by the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, NitteMeenakshi Institute of Technology. May 2009
· Hans Von Muldau Best Team Award2008sponsored by Deutsche GesellschaftfürLuft- und Raumfahrt (DGLR) for “Project STUDSAT” by International Astronautical Congress (IAC) held at Glasgow, Scotland, UK. October 2008.
· Intermediate Radio Licence–2E0CZ0
· Satellite Officer of Surrey Electronics and Amateur Radio Society (EARS) for the year 2013-2014.
KILLS & PERSONAL DETAILS
· Hobbies : Painting, Playing Badminton
· Excellent leadership, teamwork, multitasking and presentation skills
· Multilingual: Fluent in English, Hindi and Kannada
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.