CEO / President / Director
Business strategist with a talent for relationship development, opportunity identification and improving operational performance and profitability through targeted use of company talent, products and equipment to meet customer/market needs from startups to Fortune 500 companies. Deep skills in business development, team leadership, capture management, strategic planning, solution sales, and lobbying Congress. Rich background identifying needs, analyzing opportunities, overcoming roadblocks, and spearheading profitable initiatives for technology, government, aerospace, and private sector clients.
• Business Development • Sales/Marketing
• Entrepreneur • Information Technology
• Strategy • Leadership • Program Management
Waypoint 2 Space Inc., Houston, TX 2013–Present
CEO & President
Provide strategic roadmap, vision and leadership across all business functions with executive team for company focused on developing and delivering FAA-approved spaceflight training, space experiences and corporate resource management training to commercial companies, spaceflight participants, the research community and the general public. Responsible for P&L, hiring, team building, goal setting and corporate communication.
• Developed 600 pages of training materials with curriculums for four space training programs praised by FAA as most comprehensive programs ever seen.
• Negotiated partnership agreements with Fortune 500 companies in support of company.
• Interviewed and received two full page profile in SpaceNews in February 2014 and features in Forbes, Popular Science, Wired, and Space.com.
• Received approvals all the way to Director to open NASA Johnson Space Center facilities to the general public.
Aerospace Business Development & Consulting, San Diego, CA 2011–2012
Consulted with clients on strategic planning, sales, BU development, project and product management, and cost and distribution strategies for company focused on helping small businesses develop solutions for commercial human spaceflight, launch vehicles, and satellite market.
• Advised clients on IT strategies and implementation of digital tools to make best use of social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies.
• Interact with digital customers, channels and markets to create additional value and optimize performance within organization.
L-3 Communications, San Diego, CA 2008–2012
Director of Business Development
Managed space products group that offers wide range of space-qualified products for commercial, civil, government, and military satellite communications for division offering TT&C transponders/transmitters and COMSEC encryption products for short- or long-duration missions in all orbits.
• Won $50 million contract for TT&C products on GOES-R program.
• Captured $30 million encryption opportunity for 80 small satellite constellation for Iridium Corp using company’s small telemetry encryption radio.
SpaceDev, Poway, CA 2003–2008
Senior Business Development Manager
Marketed propulsion systems and satellites to government agencies, commercial aerospace companies, and lobbied Congress, state and local governments for monetary and political support for company that builds small satellites, propulsion systems, and small launch vehicles.
• Won opportunity to supply propulsion system for SpaceShipOne, the first manned, private, suborbital spaceplane that won $10 million Ansari X Prize.
• Positioned company to win ($4 million) first satellite program for Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) launch on SpaceX Falcon 1 rocket.
• Developed and marketed Satellite & Launch “Package Deal” using Falcon 1 launch vehicle.
• Listed first Satellite on eBay for “Buy It Now” price of $9.5 million; not only got national press coverage but eBay reported “most hits” at that time in their history.
• Worked on Dream Chaser Space Plane that won $213 million CCiCap.
• Lobbied Congress for $10 million in plus-up monies for Streaker launch vehicle.
Inacom Information Systems Inc., Sacramento, CA 1999–2003
Solutions Sales Executive
Sold desktops, servers, software, and support services to the State of California for Fortune 500 company that offers IT systems, software, and services to companies and government agencies.
• Managed sale, removal of old systems, and deployment of 5,000 new desktops and servers for Child Welfare Services statewide in less than six months.
Pacific Bell Mobile Services (now at&t), Sacramento, CA 1997–1999
I sold the new Personal Communication Systems (Digital Phones) to government agencies, companies and the general public. This was cutting edge technology at the time and were the first phones to have a clear (no static) connection and the ability to text.
• PCS phones were the precursor to the digital revolution for businesses because they could conference up to 6 people on a call, group text and use phones as two-way radios.
MBA, Technology Management, University Of Phoenix, San Diego, CA
BS, Business Management, University Of Phoenix, Sacramento, CA
Managing Winning Proposals, San Diego, CA
Writing Executive Summaries, San Diego, CA
Capturing Federal Business, San Diego, CA
Sales and Situational Negotiations, San Diego, CA
Solution Selling, Sacramento, CA
Lean Six Sigma
“Training Future Commercial Astronauts Around The Globe,” Teachers in SpaceCEO / President / Director
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.