Avio S.p.A., Roma (Italy)
Fluid dynamics numerical simulations
International Space apps challenge, Rome (Italy)
Avio S.p.A, Roma (Italy)
Verification of functionality and making of test examples for the new version of SPP-08X.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master in Space Trasportation Systems (2nd level Master's Degree)
Universita' degli Studi di ROMA 'La Sapienza', Rome (Italy)
Winner of a scholarship provided by the sponsoring industries.
The lectures were provided completely in english.
▪ Ground Segment & Launch Base (3 ECTS);
▪ Mission Analysis (3 ECTS);
▪ Aerothermodynamics of Launchers (3 ECTS);
▪ Structural System & Stages Separation (3 ECTS);
▪ Guidance, Navigation, Control and Avionic Systems (3 ECTS);
▪ High Speed & Reentry Aerothermodynamics ; Numerical Methods in High Speed Flows (3 ECTS);
▪ Solid Rocket Motors (3 ECTS);
▪ Liquid Rocket Engine (3 ECTS);
▪ Turbopumps and Combustion Chambers (3 ECTS);
▪ Space Program Management (3 ECTS);
▪ Aerothermodynamics, CFD, Tribology (3 ECTS);
▪ GNC (3 ECTS);
▪ Combustion Experimental Activity for Rocket thrust Chamber (3 ECTS);
▪ Management propellants in microgravity and Structural aspects for tanks (3 ECTS);
▪ Concurrent engineering application for Launcher design (3 ECTS);
Lectures about concurrent engineering and electric propulsion at ESA/Estec.
Lectures, experimental laboratories (flow visualization techiniques in supersonic flows: Shadowgraph,
Schlieren, water table and oil flow) and data analysis at von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics.
Lectures about Guidance, Navigation and Control at CNES-DLA in collaboration with Mines Paritech.
Lectures about transient dynamic and dynamic instabilities at ISAE in collaboration with ONERA.
Lectures and training in laboratory about Optical Emission Spectroscopy, Laser Induced Fluorescence
and Dual Color Thermography at C.I.R.A. (Italian Aerospace Research Center).
Licensed Professional Engineer since 2014
Space Engineering (Master's Degree)
EQF level 7
Universita' degli Studi di ROMA 'La Sapienza' - Facolta' di INGEGNERIA CIVILE E INDUSTRIALE,
▪ Gas Dynamics (9 ECTS): Balance laws and conservation equations, theory of hyperbolic system in
3D+ time, shock-wave theory and shock tube analysis, Riemann problem, supersonic and
transonic flow, dissipative phenomena, boundary layers, shear layers, and compressible
▪ Solid Propulsion Modeling (6 ECTS): Gas dynamics and thermodynamics of solid propellant rocket
motors, igniter jet flow, ignition transient, thrust nozzle starting flow, aero-acoustic and combustion
instability and structural coupling, mathematical model of internal ballistic, ideal gases mixture, two-
phase flow, turbulence, heat transfer at propellant grain surface, combustion process at grain
surfaces and distributed inside flow field ,propellant grain surface time evolution, heat transfer and
erosive phenomena at nozzle wall, numerical integration scheme, Godunov scheme for non-
homogeneous Euler equations, multi-dimensional Godunov scheme;
▪ Hypersonic (6 ECTS): Peculiarities of hypersonic flows with respect to other kind of flows, the re-
entry flow, effects of high Mach number over blunt bodies, hypersonic similarity and its parameters,
method of tangent cone, hypersonic equivalence, aerodynamic heating, hypersonic laminar
boundary layer, interaction between boundary layer and external inviscid flow: strong and weak
viscous interaction, effects of high temperature: vibrational excitation, molecular dissociation,
recombination and ionization, flows in thermochemical equilibrium and non-equilibrium and their
modeling, viscous reacting flows, examples of thermochemical models, analysis of a flow
downstream a normal shock, reacting flow in boundary layer, hypersonic applications: hypersonic
wind tunnels and shock tubes, re-entry and cruise vehicles;
▪ Space Propulsion (9 ECTS): A short history of the aerospace propulsion, basic processes and
classification of propulsion systems, origins and definition of propulsive thrust, flows in ducts and
propulsive nozzles, fundamental performance parameters, termochemistry in thermo-chemical
rockets, real rocket motor effects, propulsion system vs. launcher system, basic elements and
description of liquid rocket engines, liquid propellants, tanks, pressure feeding systems, other
systems and sub-systems: turbopumps, injectors, injection plate, thrust chamber, cooling system,
etc. , basic elements and description of solid rocket motors, solid propellants, burning rate, internal
ballistic: modeling and analysis of SRM behaviour, propellant grain, other systems and sub-
systems: igniters, thermal protections, inhibitors, etc. ;
▪ Liquid Propellant Engines (6 ECTS) (the course was provided in english): Thermochemistry inside
the combustion chamber, flows in thermochemical equilibrium and non-equilibrium and their
modeling, injection process, ignition and development of flame in the combustion chamber, heat
balance and cooling of the walls, operation and configurations of the nozzle;
▪ In-space Propulsion (6 ECTS): Introduction to space propulsion, space missions, classification of
rockets, thrust in non-thermal rockets and limits of chemical and nuclear rockets, the importance of
mass of the power generation system in the field of electric propulsion, mission optimum specific
impulse, mission requirements for attitude control, cold-gas thrusters, monopropellant thrusters,
hydrazine thruster, electro-thermal augmentation of hydrazine thrusters, notes on bipropellant
rockets for space propulsion, electrical rockets: ionization, Saha's equation, definition and
characteristic parameters of plasma, Debye shielding, plasma sheaths, Bohm velocity, motion of
charged particles in electro-magnetic fields, electrothermal rockets: resistojet and arcjet,
electrostatic rockets: acceleration in ion thrusters, three grids systems, ionization chamber,
acceleration grids, neutralizer, Hall effect thrusters, nuclear thermal rockets, notes on advanced
▪ Turbopump Feed systems (6 ECTS): Introduction to turbopump systems for liquid rocket engines,
methodologies for the study of turbomachines (compressible and incompressible flows in
turbomachinery, balance equations, dimensional analysis, ...), centrifugal pumps (classification of
pumps, characteristic curve, diffusion system, cavitation), axial turbines (classification, impulse
turbine, reaction turbine, staging), gas generators (monopropellant, bipropellant), mechanical
elements (gears, bearings, seals), analysis of open and closed cycle systems, starting transient,
▪ Fundamentals of Electronics (6 ECTS);
▪ Automatic Control Principles (9 ECTS);
▪ Aerospace Materials (6 ECTS) (the course was provided in english);
▪ Space Flight Mechanics (9 ECTS): Two-body problem, trajectory equation, time-of-flight, coordinate
systems, coordinate transformations, classical orbital elements, earth satellites: ground track and
visibility, perturbations, practical orbits, satellite constellations, orbital manoeuvres, three-body
problem, Lagrange points, sphere of influence, the patched-conic approximation, lunar trajectories,
interplanetary missions, synodic period, earth departure, launch window, planetary capture, swing-
by, equations of the rocket motion, single-stage rocket performance, multi-stage rocket, rocket
ascent trajectory: gravitational, misalignment, and drag losses, satellite attitude, torque-free motion
of a rigid spacecraft, flexible spacecraft dynamics, passive attitude stabilization, active spacecraft
▪ Space Missions and Systems (9 ECTS): The satellite as a system, main categories of space
missions and their requirements, phases of a space mission, mission operations, the dynamical
state of a spacecraft and its determination (orbit and attitude), measurements of angles, distances
and velocities with radio and optical systems, orbit determination with batch and sequential filters,
sensors and observables for attitude determination, the Wahba problem and the estimation of the
spatial orientation of a platform, equations of attitude dynamics and disturbance torques, gravity
gradient and gyroscopic stabilization, nutations and their damping, attitude maneuvers and control
laws, control of three-axis stabilized platforms (wheels and thrusters), actuators;
▪ Space Structures (9 ECTS);
MSc thesis title: 'Study of aero-acustic phenomena in the first stage for the evolution of VEGA
Topic: Study of aero-acustic phenomena in solid propellant rocket motors, particularly for new
configurations proposed for the first stage of VEGA launcher.
Aerospace Engineering (Bachelor's Degree)
EQF level 6
Universita' degli Studi di ROMA 'La Sapienza' - Facolta' di INGEGNERIA CIVILE E INDUSTRIALE,
▪ Flight Mechanics (10 ECTS);
▪ Laboratories (12 ECTS): Physics laboratory (experimental), engines laboratory (numerical), aircraft
assembly laboratory (experimental);
▪ Aerospace Structures (20 ECTS): Structures science, aerospace structures technology, Aerospace
▪ Aerospace Propulsion (10 ECTS);
▪ Physics (34 ECTS): Thermodynamics, mechanics, electromagnetism, electrotechnology, applied
▪ Aerodynamics (10 ECTS);
▪ Mathematics (22 ECTS): Differential equation, mathematics, numerical models;
▪ Aerospace On-board Systems (4 ECTS);
▪ Aerospace Materials (6 ECTS);
▪ English (3 ECTS);
▪ Technical Drawing (4 ECTS);
▪ Economy (6 ECTS);
▪ Chemistry (6 ECTS);
▪ Informatics (4 ECTS);
▪ Algebra and Geometry (6 ECTS);
▪ Aerospace Principles (4 ECTS);
BSc thesis title: 'Analysis of Thermal Protection Deformation through Fluid-Structure Interaction'
Secondary school diploma: SCIENTIFIC CERTIFICATE
EQF level 5
Spoken interction B2
Spoken production B2
Spoken interction A1
Spoken production A1
Good communication skills, achieved during the academic years and during leisure time (sports);
Team spirit, achieved during the academic years and during leisure time (sports);
Organisational / managerial skills
Leadership, achieved during the academic years and during leisure time (sports);
Sense of organization, achieved during the academic years and during leisure time (sports);
Good command of office suite (word processing, spread sheet, presentation software);
Excellent Internet skills;
Programming languages known: Fortran, MatLab, C, C++, LaTex
Trekking, achieved during leisure time (Scout);
Rugby, achieved during leisure time;
Excellent knowledge in Propulsion, Gas Dynamics and Fluid Dynamics.
Execellent knowledge of Fortan and MatLab.
Good knowledge of C and C++.
Good knowledge of Fluent and Adina.
Good knowledge of Tecplot and Gnuplot.
Good knowledge of Ubuntu/Linux.
Basic knowledge of EcosimPro.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.