Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Science with a Space Concentration
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
GPA: 3.54, University Honors Scholar, Pi Tau Sigma
· Software:Microsoft Office, Creo, Solidworks, LabVIEW, ANSYS, MatLAB, MiniTab, Linux, and Python
· Excellent team collaboration skills derived from years of fast paced engineering projects
· Strong leadership capabilities demonstrated in Vice Presidency of Pi Tau Sigma and Team Lead for multiple projects
· Solid understanding of machine shop and fabrication best practices, including lathes, mills, CNCs, sheet metal tooling, and other general machine shop tools
· Accomplished in rapidly designing and producing mechatronics systems, test fixtures, data acquisition systems, and prototype equipment
Southwest Research Institute, Andrew Moore 05/14 – 08/14
”John was one of the most productive student engineers our department has ever had. We gave him a wide variety of complex and unfamiliar tasks, and in every case he learned the job quickly and produced results that we continue to use today.” – Andrew Moore
· Designed and tested a validation platform for thermally activated artificial muscle research, including Solidworks models, technical drawings, LabVIEW data acquisition program, and analysis of test results
· Developed a video analysis Python code to calculate the acceleration of an object within a laser gate to finish a project before customer deadlines
· Configured and controlled a robot to generate a Simultaneous Localization and Mapping algorithm for future robotics testing and LIDAR troubleshooting
· Created an Android reference and teaching library to increase departmental capability and productivity
Stolle Machinery, Karl Fleischer, Dr. Don Radford 05/13 – 09/13
· Implemented a control system on a custom lab testing stand to monitor status and simplify testing
· Refined a system of sensors to verify the correct operation of the testing stand
· Generated an extensive LabVIEW program to analyze and control the testing machine
ENGINEERING PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competition (Received Gil Moore Innovation Award) 09/14 – 06/15
· Designed a sounding rocket to launch ten pounds of scientific payload to a target altitude
· Led and organized a four person team to complete all competition objectives and to create a successful IREC rocket for the first time in Colorado State University’s history
· The only team in the past two years of the competition to successfully launch and fly a rocket with a student created hybrid rocket motor
NASA Space Grant Robotics Challenge 01/14 – 05/14
· Produced a robot to autonomously navigate towards a radio beacon while collaborating with a team
IEEE Open Design Competition (Awarded 2nd Place Overall) 01/14 - 05/14
· Self-motivated a team to prototype a small robot to autonomously dig and recharge through solar panels
· Developed an algorithm for the robot to locate a sufficiently large location, dig features, and find sunlight suitable for recharging
AIAA Design/Build/Fly 10/13 – 04/14
Controls and Systems Team Leader
· Designed and manufactured a remote controlled plane to compete in an international competition
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.