Objective To expand upon space operations experience while maintaining mission safety and success through planning and preparation.
Education Virginia Tech 2001-May, 2006
BS in Aerospace Engineering – Space Concentration
Minor in Business Management and History
Continuing Education San Jacinto College September – October, 2009
2.4 Continuing Education Credits in Introduction to Space Systems Engineering
1.6 Continuing Education Credits in Root Cause Analysis
University of Houston September – November, 2009
3 Continuing Education Credits in Leadership Fundamentals Certification Level 1
3 Continuing Education Credits in Leadership Fundamentals Certification Level 2
Orbital Sciences Corp Senior Engineer
Dulles, VA October, 2010 – Present
Worked in the Flight Dynamics group with the primary function of helping develop the in house Flight Dynamics System (FDS) and to support COTS/CRS missions. Supported Geostationary mission design and operations as well in addition to various proposal work/concept design with respect to Orbital Mechanics. Took on a management role to oversee Orbital’s AGI tool assets across the company which includes setting up future purchases and maintaining current assets.
· Helped complete the FDS (coding/testing) and developed additional capabilities. The tool supports COTS/CRS mission design from cradle to grave including launch window targeting, rendezvous, Orbit Determination, Near-Field Monitoring during autonomous phase, contingency operations, and deorbit/reentry. For all phases of flight, products and some ground telemetry was delivered to internal/external customers.
· Worked with a small team to design and execute the Orbital COTS Demonstration Mission. This included intensive collaboration with NASA counterparts to close out Flight Rules and demonstration products. The mission also exercised contingency operations on orbit which resulted in an award for our team.
· Designed and flew the Orb-1 and Orb-2 missions from cradle to grave including effort to coordinate a viewable reentry with the ISS. Designed and supported the Orb-3 mission.
· Supported Geostationary missions New Dawn, Intelsat 18, Intelsat 23, Amazonas-4a and DirecTV SKYM1. Tasks included performing Orbit Determinations, performing and calibrating burns.
· Produced numerous code projects to streamline processes including an automated Orbit Determination capability for GEOs, upgraded Sequence of Events (with STK Scheduler) for GEO missions and numerous scripts to minimize manual labor
· Spearheaded efforts to ‘modernize’ company through AGI products (STK) by organizing monthly lunch and learns as well as large training events through coordination with AGI.
United Space Alliance Trajectory Analyst/Onboard Targeting Support
Houston, TX December, 2006 – October, 2010
Certified as a Trajectory analyst in Orbit Flight Design group. The primary function involved the development of a trajectory from post insertion to the deorbit burn including any maneuvers required to achieve rendezvous with the ISS and perform other payload operations/objectives.
· Major products included trajectory generation from various inputs along with launch window creation and landing opportunities.
· Supported flights STS-124, STS-323 (rescue flight), STS-126, STS-125, and STS-129. Current flight support includes STS-133 and STS-131.
· Performed an orbit adjust maneuver analysis using Matlab for STS-125 Hubble mission.
· Non-flight specific trajectory work includes lighting analysis, Soyuz landing opportunities from ISS (International Space Station).
· Worked lunar free return trajectory analysis using Freeflyer and Copernicus software.
· Performed lunar trajectory analysis using STK.
· Programmed in-house interface applications using Python.
· Headed PDR review of MCCS (Mission Control Center Systems) requirements for group.
· Completed trade study for department wide LaTeX software suite selection.
· Contributed to ongoing requirements definitions for Constellation Program.
The secondary function involves real-time mission support as an onboard Targeting specialist on console (Flight Controller). During the Rendezvous portion of flight, performed Lambert targeting using real-time navigation sensor derived state vectors to verify crew solutions prior to burn.
· Heavy cross discipline collaboration
· Real-time decision making
· Emphasis on clear communication
· Extensive simulation support ranging from sensor problems to engine issues and orbit perturbations due to venting
· Heavy emphasis on maintaining operational procedures
Blacksburg Transit Bus Line Operator
Blacksburg, VA October, 2004 – Aug 2006
Earned a commercial driver’s license required to drive up to 40 foot buses.
Virginia Tech (AHNR IT AgHelp Desk) Computer Tech Support
Blacksburg, VA September, 2001 – May, 2004
Maintained secure environment for students using the Litton Reaves computer lab.
Product Support Inc CNC/Robot Welder Technician
Jessup, MD May– Aug, 2004 & Dec, 2004 – Jan 2005
Interpreted CAD drawings for CNC machine use and aided in production.
Trained in handling and setup of various CNC machines. I was immersed in the overall production structure from CAD implementation, machining, deburring, and finalizing under tutelage of company president.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.