AEROSPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Aerospace Engineer with active SSBI, DOD TS Security Clearance, pursuing a hands-on position.
Creative, analytical problem solver with extensive technical innovations and solutions.
Areas of Expertise include:
· Spacecraft & Aircraft Ground & Flight Testing
· Spacecraft Launch Site Operations
· Leading Multi-Disciplinary Teams in Test & Flight Anomaly Resolution
· Assessing Design Trades for Cross-System Impacts
· Process Improvement Using Analytics & S/W Automation
· Full Lifecycle Experience from Concept to Market
· Web Site Development (PHP, MySQL)
· Entrepreneurial Mindset – Weekly Ideas are my Norm
· Excellent Written & Oral Communications
· Dynamic Team Building & Leadership
· Change Management
· Risk Management
· Complex Problem Solving & Decision Making
· High Stress Challenging Environments
· Client Relationship Management
Principal Software Engineer – AFSCN Electronic Scheduling Dissemination (ESD) 3.0 (2013 to Present)
· Develop and Review software test plans/scripts and provided comments prior to verification and validation testing.
· Attend verification events as a Government Witness that include System Integration & Checkout (SI&CO), Functions Qualification Test (FQT), Segment Verification Test (SVT), and Integrated System Test (IST).
Systems Engineering and Integration consultant to the Air Force (SMC) for the GPS III Space Segment. (2011-2013)
· Conceived and developed web-based tools to aid in requirements verification.
· Developed algorithms and software to import GPS ephemeris data and calculate positions relative to any location on Earth in both polar (LLA) and ECEF coordinate systems.
· Performed verification / validation activities (data analysis and review) for top-level GPS III spacecraft requirements spec.
· Conceived of a new patent for automobiles to track their absolute positions when GPS is out of view. This was an R&D task for auto-driving cars in urban environments. An abstract has been written to date.
· Developed current affairs web site of news related to HOPS core businesses.
· Identified and managed tradeshow participation including logistics, presentation, and printed materials.
· Maintained competitor matrix.
· Aerospace consultant to the Air Force on the Advanced EHF Spacecraft program.
· Developed, implemented, managed, and presented the AEHF End-to-End Risk Management Process for all enterprise-wide risks.
· Developed risk management database and web site.
· Led a team of systems engineers (ACS, Power, T&C, Thermal, Structures, Propulsion) to verify requirement compliance and flow down for a government spacecraft program.
· Maintained staffing profiles and budgets as it related to program schedules.
· Developed and maintained the Bus Requirements Spec using RDD and audited the verification and validation of requirements flowing up to the bus spec through creation of a Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM)
· Managed, coordinated, and brought closure to test anomaly investigations.
· Streamlined processes between systems test and systems engineering utilizing my hands-on test background.
· Performed trade studies for follow-on spacecraft and proposals.
· Developed presentation materials and briefed customers at PDR, CDR, and other critical program gates.
Test Engineer/Test Director on 15 satellite programs, Hughes Space and Communications (1996 to 1999)
· Test Director for the first U.S. built Russian satellite, Bonum 1 HS376 satellite.
· Led team of 10 test engineers to verify system integration and performance from initial construction through launch on various spacecraft (376, 601, 601HP, 702, ICO).
· Led launch team verification and validation efforts at Cape Canaveral and Kourou, French Guiana.
· Tested spacecraft subsystems in ambient and thermal vacuum environments.
· Developed test schedules and manpower requirements to meet contract compliance.
· Created a program to automatically verify the spacecraft harness resulting in cost savings of approximately $250K per year.
· Conceive and develop web sites using html, php and MySQL. Primary web sites are AirportGuide.com, TravelWidget.com, and CraftsmanRemodel.com. More at ForteWebProperties.com
· Conceived, designed, developed, and commercially sold Airport Guide software for general aviation pilots on CD-ROM.
· Developed marketing and sales programs including ad campaigns and trade show demonstrations.
· Converted CD-based Airport Guide to web-based AirportGuide.com in 1999
· Developed process flows to define customer requirements with Workflow and Product Data Management (PDM) tools.
· Created enterprise level data models based upon data objects identified in business process flows.
· Optimized business areas for development based on user requirements. Trained contractors in Rockwell's SE methodology.
Project Lead / Aircraft Subsystems Integration Engineer (1992 to 1993)
· Led the engineering team for the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) proposal with responsibility for the subsystem integration of oxygen, fuel, landing gear, electrical, ECS, lighting, crew escape, flight controls, hydraulics, fire protection, and ice protection systems.
Propulsion Systems Engineer, Rockwell International, NAAD (1989 to 1991)
· Managed B-1B bomber flight and ground tests.
PUBLICATIONS- Published and presented at the IEEE Conference
-“Workflow Modeling for Implementing Complex, CAD-Based, Design Methodologies”, June 1995
-“Workflow Tool Interoperability”, May 1995
· 2004 Letter from the AF SPO commending my leadership and support during a 9 -month anomaly investigation
· 1997 Hughes Corporate Achievement Award
· 1997 Hughes Space and Communications Outstanding Achievement Award
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.