To leverage my research engineering experience and domain knowledge of satellite communications, systems engineering and spacecraft technology into a full time space systems engineering role.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
· Research and engineering experience in wireless communications, error correcting codes, network optimization, machine learning and statistical analysis
· Programming proficiency in Python, MATLAB and C++
· Solid knowledge of probability and stochastic processes, advanced mathematics and electrical engineering
· Experience with communication systems modelling and design, and design of error correcting codes for satellite communications (radio and optical)
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Master of Science, Space Science May 2014
College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Geoinformatics Engineering May 2011
Project Co-Investigator and Communication Network Designer Jan 2015 - Present
Space Research Building, University of Michigan
· Designing a communication system for a project entitled DUST (Distributed Universal Satellite Technology) and performing multi-hop routing in space environments.
· Modeling error correcting codes (LDPC) for satellite-ground communication in low earth orbits.
· Designing optimization techniques for multi-hop routing and implementing reinforcement learning algorithms to make satellites learn from their environment
· Planned and designed a high speed laser satellite communication system in MATLAB/Simulink for low earth orbits with a bit error rate of 10-9
Software Engineering Intern June - July 2009
Trimble Navigation Limited, Chennai
· Worked on developing the Multi Speak Interface- a set of data exchange module among software applications, commonly applied for medical utilities
· Involved in development of a geospatial database application for solving practical problems in electrical utilities in C# and Oracle
· Distributed Universal Satellite Technology
Engineered a wireless mesh network of satellites in low earth orbits and demonstrated the feasibility of using low cost COTS components that achieved a bit error rate of 10-9. . Designed a space mission centered on the mesh technology to perform GNSS radio occultation experiments for seismographic studies from satellites. Assisted in embedded software development for Digi radios and TI MSP-430 processors
· STOMP Mars Mission
Developed a concept of a Mars mission entitled STOMP (Spectrographic and Thermal Observation of Martian Permafrost) and designed a sensing and communication system to detect signs of life in Martian permafrost and transfer data reliably and efficiently with a bit error rate of 10-6
· SCION Space Mission
Systems engineer and scientific instrumentation lead for a low cost commercial nanosatellite mission named SCION (Scintillation and Ionospheric Occultation Network) to observe ionospheric electron content using off- the-shelf GNSS receivers and GNSS antennas
· Spatiotemporal agent based urban sprawl modelling for Chennai metropolitan area using GIS
Designed a multi agent urban sprawl model that employed tools from GIS databases, artificial intelligence and statistical analysis to understand the patterns of growth of urban population in Chennai, India
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.