AT A GLANCE:
My educational background is in aeronautical and space engineering. My professional experiences (more than 20 years with four engagements) focus on these major areas:
• Project engineer and manager in space industry on data acquisition systems
• Administrative engineering in project structuring activities for large-scale projects
• Subcontractor steering also in large-scale projects
• Freelancing in IT business
10.2010 – 10.2015
Project Engineer Space Systems
with Kayser-Threde GmbH, Munich/ Germany
since 09/2014 merged in OHB System AG, Munich/ Germany
Project MTG "Meteosat Third Generation"
MTG is a large-scale project (x 10^9 EUR) developing high-performing weather satellites from design to flight. The project itself is broken down into numerous sub-projects. I have worked for 5 years in the core project and in sub-projects in the fields of project structuring, organisation and administration, in co-ordination and cooperation with our international partners.
Configuration Manager "MTG Infrared Sounder" and "MTG Flexible Combined Imager – Telescope Assembly"
• Line management responsibility for configuration and documentation team
• Implementation and verification of project-conform processes for configuration control of documentation and hardware
• Generation and tracing of all project relevant configuration management documentation, baselines and status reports
• Reviews of subcontractor documentation
• In charge (company-wide) for configuration management tool "Eclipse DCCM"
Documentation Manager MTG
• Set-up of Configuration Management Tool "Eclipse DCCM" for MTG as the company-wide pilot project
• Day-to-day Documentation Management business
• Line Management tasks wrt Documentation Management after taking over Configuration Management
Action Item Manager MTG
• Development, ramp-up and operation of an Action Item Tracking System for cross core team usage
Procurement Manager/ Equipment Supply Manager for subcontract "Spectral Calibration Engineering"
• Compilation of specification documents and accomplishment of a quotation process by means of ESA tender system EMITS
• Bid evaluation with core team partners and re-negotiations with selected supplier
• Complete project management of subcontract until final acceptance
09.2008 – 09.2010
System Engineer Space Systems with Berner & Mattner Systemtechnik GmbH, Munich/ Germany
• Project engineer Phase A study "Space-based Adhoc Communication Satellite Cluster" for IT-Amt (German Federal Interior Ministry Procurement Office)
• Support of Max Planck Institute (MPE) for project PK-4, compilation of accompanying documentation according to ECSS standards
• Project engineer "High-Speed Plasma Diagnostic System" (HSPDS/ PDS)
• Subcontractor management
• Proposal preparation/ involvement for IT Amt, DLR, ESA, MPE, NC3A (NATO)
• In charge for ESA tender system EMITS
04.1994 – 08.2008
Freelancing IT Service Provider
with "PC-Dienstleistungen Adi Strauss", Limburg/ Germany
Clients in the fields of finance, construction and construction material industry, traffic security and health care in Germany.
• Consulting & Support, IT services
• Trainings of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point, Project, Visio)
• Programming, VBA
• Hardware/ software implementation
06.1993 – 02.1994
Project Manager IT
with Buchmeier GmbH, Idstein/ Germany
• Database modeling in COBOL, expert system CompoDaB for Höchst AG, Frankfurt/ M., Germany
10.1992 – 01.1993
Reorganisation of parent's medical practice in Limburg/ Germany
• Computerisation as well as familiarisation and training of practice staff
10.1988 – 09.1992
Project Engineer/ Project Manager
with Kayser-Threde GmbH, Munich/ Germany
Project Engineer "Raumkurier" (English:"Space Courier", re-entry capsule) and MIKROBA (balloon drop experiment)
• Proposal support
• Software development
• Mission preparation and operation
• flight data evaluation
Project Manager Flight Data Recorder for Raumkurier
• Assembler programming of Single Board Computer for environment survey and logging for space missions
• Buildup of testing environment, test and verification of software
Mission support (IT) on site with sounding rocket and balloon campaigns in Sweden (ESRANGE, Kiruna) und Russia (Plesetsk)
• Logistics support
• Setup and putting into operation of Electrical Ground Support Equipment
• Experiment preparations and evaluation
08.1970 – 06.1980
Tilemann Gymnasium, Limburg/ Germany
• Graduation: university qualification; overall grade: 1.7
10.1980 – 09.1987
Aeronautics and Space Technology Studies at "Technische Universität Stuttgart", Germany
• Thesis: "Re-entry paths of an orbital glider regarding acceleration and heating constraints"
• Graduation: Dipl.-Ing., final grade: "Gut"
10.1987 – 05.1988
Shortened military service at Israel Defense Forces (IDF)
CAREER SUPPORTIVE MEASURES
06.2014 Advanced training and certification "Configuration Management Principles & Implementation", University of Houston, Texas, USA
03.2010 Satellite Tool Kit (STK) certification by agi
10.2009 Participation in 1-week STK training, at agi (London/ UK), at own expense
01.2008 Train-the-Trainer workshop
09.2003 Certification IT Baseline Protection,
IT Baseline Protection, Federal Office for Information Security/ Fraunhofer Institute, St. Augustin, Bonn/ Germany
06.1989 Participation in 3rd Microgravity Center Summer School DFVLR, Bonn/ Germany
since 10.1986 Member of Hermann-Oberth-Gesellschaft (a German space history association)
• Proposal preparation for international space projects for ESA/ DLR
• Generation of technical documentation, accompanying documentation and PA / QA documents according ECSS, reviews, reports, records
• Subcontractor management in technically complex projects
• Satellite Tool Kit (STK), certified user
• Requirements engineering (DOORS) and system development
• Configuration Management (CM): certification CMPIC
Company-wide point of contact for CM tool "Eclipse DCCM".
• In-depth knowledge in the space engineering disciplines of microgravity, earth observation, communication, systems incl. tools
• German – native language
• English – business fluent
• Hebrew – fluent orally and in writing
• Russian and French basics
• Experience in project management and as system engineer
• Entrepreneurial attitude and acting through business work as IT freelancer
• Trainings / Coaching of upmarket software applications
• MOUS (Microsoft Office User Specialist), Expert
• Customised solutions, implementations, trainings, consultancy and trouble shooting for the complete Microsoft Office application range, incl. Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
• Administration / remote maintenance
• Programming experience VBA, Assembler, FORTRAN, Pascal, C++
• Operating system experience Microsoft Windows
• Authentic character, open manner
• Quick perception and capacity for abstraction
• Teamplayer, solution orientated
Hobbies and Activities
• Space technologies, in particular re-entry
• Youngtimer (24-year old roadster), pass driving
• City trips
• Support to VBA internet forums
• [left blank due to anonymisation]
• Reference from OHB System AG
• Reference letter from D. Lamarre (ESA)
• Configuration Management Principles & Implementation Certification
• DOORS User Training Certificate
• Reference from Berner & Mattner GmbH
• STK Expert Knowledge Certification, STK Training Certificate
• Train-the-Trainer Certificate
• BSI / SIT Certification "IT Baseline Protection"
• MOUS Certification, Expert
• Reference from Kayser-Threde GmbH
• Letter of appreciation from DARA
• University Diploma of Technische Universität Stuttgart
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.