Skills - Qualifications
RF&Microwave Designer – Antenna Designer – RF System Designer
· Design, Development and RF Testing of all analog functions from concept to the final prototype of a Transceiver system or in general of an RF & Microwave System.
· Full understanding from component up to system level (including antennas) of RF & Microwave applications development.
· Strong electromagnetic engineering background with practical applications orientation up to millimetre waves.
· Strong experience in RF and Microwave Printed Circuit Board Design using OEM components.
· Strong experience in passive planar structures design like filters, diplexers, power combiners/splitters, antennas, phase shifters, etc.
· Strong experience in metallic waveguide technology passive structures design such filters, diplexers, phase shifters, etc.
· Strong experience in antenna design either in planar, waveguide or wired form, including array design, feeding networks,etc.
· Expert user in commercial simulation software : Agilent ADS 2011, CST Microwave Studio, CST
Design Studio, Ansys HFSS 13.0, Mician Microwave Wizard 7.7, Antenna Magus, Altium DXP.
· RF and Microwave testing of analog systems and components.
· Technical management and support of Ph.D and junior engineers towards a specific technical target.
Microwave Engineering Consultant (under contract) 10/2014-1/3/2015
Design and Development of microwave and mmW passive components and systems for Huawei Research Center Munich.
RF/Microwave Designer (under contract) 2012 – 8/2014
Design and Development of microwave and mmW passive components and systems such as antenna fees, polarizers, antennas, diplexers, rotary joints, filters, etc to 60GHz and above for the Canadian company Apollo Microwaves (http://www.apollomw.com/)
RF/Microwave Technical Management 2003 – today
RF Design Engineer and co-founder of Advanced Microwave Systems Ltd (www.ams-mw.com), a leading SME in custom RF and microwave design of circuits and systems since 2003. In AMS Ltd my main role (except for managing the company) is the product development of analog microwave circuits and systems for applications covering both commercial and military use. My strong point is the design and development of microwave components and systems either in planar or 3D waveguide forms that incorporate novel functionality. In 2009 AMS Ltd gained a contract from European Space Agency (ESA) for the development of a Ka band transmitter for high bit rate low orbit satellites. The 18 months project ended successfully and the system was fully tested at ESOC.
I like hands-on engineering where I prefer to test myself the systems I design and thus gain practical experience which I use it as a feedback for the development of better designs.
RF/Microwave Designer-Senior Researcher 1992 –today
Working as a senior researcher in various EC funded projects in the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) (http://www.iccs.gr/eng/) from 1992 till today, in the microwave and fiber optics laboratory of the NTUA. My participation in the EU research projects was mainly in the design and development of all the analog functionality needed in each project. Some examples include design, development and testing of amplifiers, mixers, up/down converters, filters, diplexers, power combiners/splitters, antennas of various technologies and transceivers. In many projects I was the technical lead for 3-5 diploma thesis and Ph.D students. Since 1995 up today I have supervised more than 30 diploma thesis and 20 Ph.D thesis students in the various fields of Microwave Engineering in the department of Electrical Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens.
RF Base Station Antennas/Components Designer 2009 –2011
RF Design Engineer in FASMETRICS SA (www.fasmetrics.com) since 2009. During my consultancy I have designed/developed and tested base station antennas for indoor and outdoor applications. I have also designed/developed and tested multiple input/output power splitter-combiners for GSM-DCS-PCS-UMTS base stations. Apart from the base station products I have also designed/developed and tested a 60 GHz Cassegrain type dish antenna as well as 60 GHz rectangular waveguide diplexers for a high bit rate (1.2 Gbit/s) point to point communication link. I have participated in various national research projects where I have developed a high power (200Watts) SPDT swith with very low insertion loss and short switching time capability for a base station application.
RF/Microwave Designer 1993 –2009
Working as an RF Design Engineer in INTRACOM TELECOM S.A (www.intracom.com) from 1993-2009 covering studies and development of prototypes from the low microwave spectrum of 1GHz up to 40 GHz. Prototypes include filters, diplexers, couplers, amplifiers, antennas , antenna arrays and microwave systems (VCOs, PLLs, frequency multipliers, frequency converters, etc) both in microstrip or other multilayered technology (typical substrates RO4003, RO3003, RO4350, RT5880, RT5870) as well as metallic rectangular waveguide technology.
Long experience in software EM tools such as Agilent ADS, Agilent Momentum , Agilent EMDS, Ansoft HFSS, Mician Microwave Wizard, Ansoft Designer, CST Microwave Studio, Altium DXP and other technical software.
Long experience in using microwave instrumentation such as vector network analyzers (HP8719A, HP8510C) , spectrum analyzers (HP8592B, HP8565E, HP8595E), synthesized microwave sources (HP-ESG4000A, HP85160), etc.
RF Designer 1999 – 2001
RF Design Engineer and co-founder of ELSON S.A (Electronics SONAK, http://www.sonak.gr/group_companies.asp) 1999-2001. During my interaction with ELSON I have been personally involved in the design and development of various military grade systems such as telecom and radar jammer systems (ECM).
National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.), Athens, Greece
5-year Bachelor of Arts,Electrical and Computer Engineering, GPA 8.10/10.00 (Very well), 1992
Diploma Thesis: “Design and development of high speed flip-flop based on tunnel diode architecture”
National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.), Athens, Greece
Ph.D, Electrical and Computer Engineering, GPA 10.00/10.00 (Excellent), 1995
Ph.D Thesis: “Design and Development of Millimetre Wave Systems with Phase Coherency”
· Technical Chamber of Greece (T.C.G.), Greece
· Hellenic Association of Mechanical & Electrical Engineers (HAMEE), Greece
· Member of IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques since 1987
Applications: MS-Office, MS-Visio, MS-Project
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, WINDOWS, UNIX
Technical Software: Agilent ADS 2011, CST Microwave Studio, CSTDesign Studio, Ansys HFSS 13.0, Mician Microwave Wizard 7.7, Antenna Magus, Altium DXP
My personal interests include reading, sailing, Shotokan Karate (II DAN)
Available upon request
Publications in Journals
1. Y.E. Stratakos, N.V. Vlassopoulos, N.K. Uzunoglu, C.N. Capsalis, "Gunn Oscillator Injection Locking Circuit at Millimeter Wave Frequencies", International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, May 1995.
2. Polydorou, Y.E. Stratakos , C.N. Capsalis, N.K. Uzunoglu, "Comparative Study of Millimeter Wave Propagation at 30GHz and 60GHz in Indoor Environment", International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves.
3. Y.E Stratakos, N.K Uzunoglu, "Analysis of a Grid Dipole Array placed inside a Waveguide Cavity with a Rectangular Coupling Aperture",International Journal of Numerical Modeling, May 1996.
4. E Moraitakis, M Anagnostou, M Pissas, V Psycharis, D Niarchos and Y. E.Stratakos,"Deposition of YBCO thin films over large areas with a simple sputtering technique for microwave applications", Superconductor Science and Technology, Institute of Physics Publishing, UK.
5. Yorgos E. Stratakos, Paul Bougas, Kostas Gotsis, "A Low Cost, High Accuracy Radar Altimeter", Microwave Journal, February 2000.
6. Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos, "Design and Development of Special Low Noise Amplifiers for GPS applications", Applied Microwave & Wireless March 2000.
7. Petros S. Tsenes, Dr. Yorgos Stratakos, "Design and Development of a Low Noise Amplifier using Measured Models of Transistors", Applied Microwave Wireless, December 2000.
8. Dimitris Brikas, Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos, "Design and development of a high power Ka Band Power Amplifier for VSAT applications", Applied Microwave Wireless, October 2001.
9. Dr. Yorgos Stratakos, "Low Cost MMDS Up-Converter for Outdoor applications", Applied Microwave Wireless, April 2002.
10. Petros S. Tsenes, Yorgos E. Stratakos and Nikolaos J. Uzunoglu, "X-Band MMIC Active Mixers", Electronic Component, 2002, Vol.25, pp. 23-46.
11. Petros S. Tsenes, Yorgos E. Stratakos and Nikolaos J. Uzunoglu, "A MMIC QPSK Modulator", Electronic Component, 2002, Vol.25, pp. 47-70.
12. Yorgos Mitropoulos, Yorgos Stratakos, Ilias Tsopelas, "Low Cost UMTS Tower Top Power Amplifier", RF Design Magazine, April issue 2003.
13. Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos, and Panayotis Betzios, “S-band high power solid state amplifier design and development”, Microwave Journal, vol.47, No. 5, May 2004.
14. Yorgos Stratakos, G. Geroulis, Nikolaos Uzunoglu, "Analysis of Glint Phenomenon in a Monopulse Radar in the Presence of Skin Echo and Non-Ideal Interferometer Echo Signals", JEMWA & PIER, JANUARY 2005.
15. Irene S. Karanasiou, Yorgos Stratakos and Nikolaos Uzunoglu, 'Passive Multiband Microwave Tomography for Intracranial Applications' , International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol.1, No.2, August 2006.
16. Kostas Stefanou, Dr. Yorgos Stratakos et al, 'Simulating WiMAX System Performance', Microwaves & RF, December 2007.
17. Dr. Yorgos Stratakos, Anastasios Garetsos, Dr. Anastasios Salis, Michalis Sofras, “Advanced UWB GPR Receiver System for waterpipe leaks detection”, Microwaves & RF magazine, October 2008.
18. Nikolaos C. Athanasopoulos, Konstantinos A. Mourtzoukos, Dr. Yorgos E.Stratakos, Rodoula Makri, Nikolaos Uzunoglu, “Development and Testing of a 10GHz Phased Array Cylidrical Antenna Transmitting System incorporating a Least Squares Radiation Pattern synthesis technique”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 50, No. 6, December 2008, pp. 80-88.
Publications in International Conferences Proceedings.
1. GY.E. Stratakos, N.K. Uzunoglu, "Injection Locking Measurements on a mmW Waveguide Gunn Oscillator at 30GHz", 8th ISTET 1995.
2. Y.E. Stratakos, N.K. Uzunoglu, "Design of a MMIC Low Noise Amplifier at 10GHz", 20th International Conference on Microelectronics, IEEE, EDS 12-14 September 1995.
3. G. Papastergiou, S. Matakias, I. Koukouvinos, Y. Stratakos, N. Uzunoglu, "The development of a cost effective Fibre Optic Delay Line",Second GR-I international Conference on New Laser Technology and Applications 1-4 June 1997, Ancient Olympia, Greece.
4. Yorgos E. Stratakos, Nikolaos K. Uzunoglu, "Active Mixer Voltage Controlled Oscillator Chain at 10GHz for down-converter applications", 6th International Conference on Advances in Communications and Control, 23-27 June 1997, Grecotel Imperial, Corfu, Greece.
5. N.K. Uzunoglu, D.I. Kaklamani, Y. E. Stratakos, et al, "On the development of a conformal array system", WORKSHOP COST-260, Dec. 1997.
6. N. K. Uzunoglu, D.I. Kaklamani, Y.E. Stratakos, et al., "Design of a Cylindrically Shaped Conformal Array System", 28th European Microwave Conference, 5-9 October 1998, Amsterdam.
7. Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos, "Design and Development of a Broadband mmW two-stages Feedback Amplifier", ESA Workshop on Millimetre Wave Technology and Applications, antennas, circuits and systems, 27-29 May 1998, Millilab, Espoo, Finland.
8. Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos, "CAD Design of an Active MMIC Circulator at 21-26 GHz Frequency Band", 28th European Microwave Conference, 5-9 October 1998, Amsterdam.
9. E. Moraitakis, M. Pissas, D. Niarcos and Y. Stratakos, "Performance of passive microwave devices made from thin films of YBa2 Cu3O7-ä superconductor", presented in EUCAS'99,14-17/9/99 Barcelona, Spain.
10. K.Z Pekmestzi, Y.E. Stratakos, P. Bougas, K. Gotsis, "A High Accuracy and Low Cost Radar Altimeter", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment, OPTIM 2000, May 2000.
11. Petros S. Tsenes, Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos, Prof. Nikolaos K. Uzunoglu, Dr. Mixalis Lagadas, G. Deligeorgis, "An X-Band MMIC Down-Converter", WOCSDICE 2000, 24th Workshop ¥n Compound Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits held in Europe, May 29th-June 2nd 2000.
12. Petros S. Tsenes, Dr. Yorgos E. Stratakos , Prof. Nikolaos K. Uzunoglu, Dimitris Brikas, Ioannis Giouzelis, "CAD-simulation results of an X-Band MMIC Up-Converter", WOCSDICE 2000, 24th Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits held in Europe, May 29th-June 2nd 2000.
13. C.S. Koukourlis, G.A. Kyriacou, Mavrides S.G., Diamantis S.K., Spyridakis, Th. Kaifas, J.N.Sahalos, Y. Stratakos, P. Tsenes and N. Uzunoglou, "Design and Development of an Active Printed Cylindrical Antenna Array for Radar Applications", URSI, August 2002.
14. Vangelis S. Angelopoulos, Yorgos E. Stratakos , Nikolaos K. Uzunoglu, Dimitra Kaklamani, "Multiband miniature coplanar waveguide antennas for GPRS-802.11b and 802.11b-802.11a wireless applications", WCNC 2003, New Orleans Louisiana, USA, March 2003.
15. Matthaios Bimpas, Nikolaos Paraskevopoulos, Yorgos Stratakos, Nikolaos Uzunoglu, "Design and Development of a Miss-Distance Measurement Two-Frequency Radar Sensor", International Radar Symposium (IRS 2003), September 2003, Dresden Germany.
16. Sotiris Bantas, Yorgos Stratakos; Nick Kanakaris, Yorgos Katsoulis, Pandelis Papadopoulos, Michael Margaras, Vicky Korou, Yorgos Koutsoyannopoulos, Hamed Peyravi, "Architecture Considerations and integrated-passives-based design for a dual-mode GPRS-WLAN SiGe RF transceiver", VTC 2003 Fall OrlandoUSA.
17. D.G Lymperopoulos, M.Bibas, Y. Stratakos, D.I. Kaklamani, N.K. Uzunoglu, "Detection of Water Leaks In Supply Pipes Using Wideband FM-CW Radar: ¥lectromagnetic Modelling", PIERS 2004, Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium, March 28-31, 2004, Pisa Italy.
18. D. Lymperopoulos, M. Bimpas, Y. Stratakos, I. Karanasiou and N. Uzunoglu, 'Detection of Water Leaks in Supply Pipes by Using Microwave Ground Penetrating and Thermography Techniques', 3rd It. Conf. on Non-Destructive Testing of the Hellenic Society for NDT , Vol. 1, pp. 330, Oct. 2003, Crete, Greece.
19. D.G. Lymperopoulos, M.Bimpas, Y. Stratakos, N. Paraskevopoulos, D.I. Kaklamani and N. Uzunoglu, 'Detection of Water Leaks in Supply Pipes with Active Microwave GPR Sensors and Electromagnetic Modelling', Proceedings of the URSI International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory (URSI EMTS 2004), Vol.1, pp. 111-113, Pisa, Italy, 23-27 May 2004
20. D.G Lymperopoulos, M.Bimpas, Y. Stratakos, et al, 'Detection of Water Leaks in Supply Pipes using a combination of Wide-Band FMCW Radar, CW Radar and Electromagnetic Modelling', International Conference on Information and Automation, ICIA2005.
21. M.Bimpas, A. Amditis, Y. Stratakos et al, 'Development of an Ultra-Sensitive Continuous Wave Radar to Detect Trapped Alive Humans under Building Ruins', International Conference on Information and Automation, ICIA2005.
22. Evangelia Karagianni, Yorgos E. Stratakos, Christos N. Vazouras, Michael E. Fafalios, “Design and Fabrication of a Microstrip Hairpin-line filter by appropriate adaptation of stripline techniques”, ISMOT 2007, Dec 17-21 Roma, Italy.
23. M. Pozzi, D. Zonta, D. Trapani, A. J. Amditis, M. Bimpas, Y. E. Stratakos and A. D. Garetsos, MEMS-based sensors for post-earthquake damage assessment , DAMAS 2011 conference, July 11-13, 2011.
24. Yorgos Stratakos, Thanassis Misaridis, Anastassios Sallis, Michael Sofras, Nikolaos Uzunoglu, “Waterpipe: a ground penetrating imaging radar for water pipeline rehabilation”, SENSORS AND ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY, on Ultra Wideband Radar Systems, Toulouse 27-31 October 2008.
25. Amditis A., Stratakos Y., Bairaktaris D., Bimpas M, Camarinopolos S., Kalidromitis V., Pozzi M., Santana J., Saillen N., Torfs T., Ulieru D., Wenk B., Zonta D., “Wireless sensor network for seismic evaluation of concrete buildings”, 14th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering (14ECEE), Ohrid, FYROM, 30 Aug - 03 Sep, 2010.
26. Daniele Zonta, Davide Trapani, Federico Larcher, Angelos Amditis,Matthaios Bimpas, Nicolas Bertsch, Juan Santana, Yorgos Stratakos, Tom Torfs, Nicolas Saillen, Dimitru Ilieru, “Laboratory validation of MEMS-based sensors for after-earthquake damage assessment”, Sep 13-15, 2011, Stanford, CA, USA, IWSHM conference.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.