- Results driven leader and technical manager with a track record of creating highly innovative teams that excel at delivering a quality product on time and on budget.
- Over 19 years of experience leading cross-functional teams developing embedded safety critical products and systems for a regulated industry.
- Posses a strong background in project management and continuous process improvement with a focus on meeting customer commitments and maximizing profits.
- An innovative, visionary leader who gets results by challenging and motivating talented individuals to perform at their best.
- Led the start-up of the systems/software team responsible for the first BRGA flat-panel display, which contributed to greater Honeywell Avionics displays market leadership.
- Achieved significant cycle time reduction and improved quality by leading the development of tools to automate code generation and verification.
- Developed and deployed processes to meet regulatory agency (FAA) guidelines. Using these processes the team was able to successfully pass audits and achieve certification of the product.
- Turned around several struggling teams by creating a leadership structure, developing/documenting systems/software processes and increasing accountability, resulting in cycle time reductions, quality improvements, DO-178B compliance and on-time performance.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, Fortran
- Operating Systems: DEOS(a space and time portioned RTOS), Linux
- Processors: Motorola 68020, Intel Pentium II, X86, DSP’s
- Requirements: DOORS, Simulink, Matlab
- Development Environment: Code Composer Studio
- Verification Environment: VectorCAST
- Configuration Management Tools: ClearCase, PVCS, MKS
- Fluent in English, Spanish and reading knowledge of French
- Process: Six Sigma DFSS Green Belt Certified, Agile Software Development, CMMI, Lean Manufacturing, DO-178B/C
- Leadership: Globalization – Working with India, Leading from the Middle, Diversity for leaders
Parker offers a wide range of flight control system solutions, extending across both military and commercial platforms, to support the world’s airline fleet.
Software Development Manager
Led the group responsible for software development for the Control Systems Division. The team of approximately eighteen software engineers develops real-time, embedded flight critical software for fly-by-wire control systems.
With a small team of engineers completed four certifications over the span of three years.
Established effective leadership structure by utilizing the strengths of the team in place and supplementing where gaps existed.
Improved team’s ability to meet milestones by ensuring the team had the right skill set and the right number of people for each development phase.
Increased process adherence and worked with team to ensure we were ready for regulatory audits.
Increased morale by increasing the team’s ability to succeed, camaraderie among team members and doing my best to ensure that my words and actions are always courageous, compassionate and have the team’s best interest in mind.
Goodrich designs, manufactures and services systems and components and provides integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Manager Systems/Software– Electronic System Center (ESC)
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, led a team of twenty engineers responsible for generating system level requirements, software (SW) development and verification for real-time, embedded, safety critical applications for commercial aircrafts. Specifically, our team was responsible for development of brake control, cargo and landing gear systems.
- Led the start-up of the system/software department responsible for supporting Goodrich SBU’s throughout the world.
- Hired and developed team members.
- Led the development of all systems and software development processes and certification efforts.
- Led the definition of the software development environment used throughout the development life cycle.
- Ensured that all development was performed in compliance with DO-178B.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems.The company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in 150 countries.
Manager - Electronic Flight Bag Software
Reporting to the AIS-IT Senior Manager, led a team of twelve engineers responsible for software development and test of several airborne and on ground applications for the Electronic Flight Bag.
- Assessed the team’s skill gap and hired talented individuals that raised the bar for the entire team.
- Created an environment of cooperation and healthy competition that improved the team’s ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Introduced and deployed Agile Development Methodology to the team. This resulted in improved up-front estimation, planning and execution.
Manager – P-8A Mission Systems Software
Responsible for schedule, reporting (EVM) and multi-million dollar budget involved in performing software integration, deployment and support of the software development environment for the Multi-Mission Aircraft (MMA P8-A Poseidon) Tactical Mission System (MCDS).
- Integration team - Performs integration test on all software before it is delivered to the customer. This enables the software team to fix problems early on in the software development life cycle reducing cost and schedule. The team met all miles stones and exceeded cost objectives.
- Deployment team- Supports the deployment of the target software to multiple labs, develops the software responsible for loading the target software on the final hardware configuration and tests the daily development build. The team won the respect of the software development group and the Integration & Test group for its technical excellence and dedication to the success of the program.
Manager – P-8A Aircraft Systems Software AIT
Reporting to the Aircraft Systems AIT leader, led team supporting technical oversight of the development of Avionics and Electrical systems Software Products. This effort encompasses modifying existing Commercial 737 systems related to Flight Control Computing (Autopilot/Autothrottle, Stall Management Yaw Damper, etc.), Display Computing (Common Display System, Heads Up Display System), the Flight Management Computer System, and other assorted Avionics systems. It also includes modifying Utility (Vapor Cycle System, On-Board Inert Gas Generation System, etc.), Health Management System, and Secondary Power Distribution System software for MMA unique applications.
- Provide oversight of supplier development efforts to ensure their practices are compliant with DO-178B and meet MMA program management/software development expectations.
- Support the integration of the overall Aircraft Systems SW/HW Development.
Honeywell Aerospace is the largest manufacturer of aircraft engines and avionics. Its innovations are used today on virtually every commercial and defense aircraft platform.
Technical Manager - Flight Management Systems (FMS)
Reporting to the Director/Manager of FMS Engineering, managed systems design and software development, and led a team of 27 engineers located in Phoenix and India for seven OEMs and 13 programs, supporting a $450M BGH business with a budget of $4M.
- Turned around a team, by creating a leadership structure, developing/documenting systems/software processes and increasing accountability, resulting in cycle time reductions, quality improvements, DO-178B compliance and on-time performance.
o This team effort led to an environment of meeting/exceeding commitments to schedules and product quality, increased respect from internal/external customers, and management recognition, improving team morale.
- Successfully managed competing systems/software requirements for 13 different programs using a common software baseline, reducing development costs and improving cycle time.
- Effectively managed group priorities and four Six Sigma SSSD/DFSS projects to achieve Green Belt certification goals for the FMS Core team.
Technical Manager - Displays Center of Excellence
Reporting to the Director/Manager of the Displays Center of Excellence, led the start-up of the systems/software team responsible for the development of the first BRGA flat panel display. Managed a $4M budget and led a virtual team of 24 engineers located across Arizona, Colorado, Iowa and India, in systems design, and software and test development for the following projects:
o Advanced Graphics Module - 3D state of the art graphics platform for avionics applications
o DU 1080 - A 2D graphics platforms for avionics applications
o MCDU - A Multifunctional Control Display Unit for Avionics applications
- As Systems/Software Manager, hired a staff of talented engineers and developed a teaming environment where creativity and innovation contributed to improved Honeywell avionics displays market leadership. The team won 11 Technical Awards and three patents for the following contributions:
o Development of an auto code generation tool for graphics formats, reducing cycle time and improving the quality of the graphics code. The team was recognized with the Sweatt Award, Honeywell’s highest technical achievement award.
o Designing software algorithms that reduced rendering throughput requirements, lowering recurring hardware costs, while meeting customer commitments.
o Development of an algorithm to automate verification of graphic software, significantly reducing the visual verification process, which led to cycle time and verification cost reductions.
- Successfully managed all aspects of the systems/software development life-cycle including requirements definition, software design, integration and verification.
- Implemented an integrated test environment/philosophy from project start-up, aligning all lifecycle phases and respective artifacts, improving ease of test development and quality.
- Effectively interfaced with Program Managers, executive management and key OEM customers including Gulfstream, Dassualt, Embraer, Rathyeon, Cessna, Augusta and the FAA during Program Reviews. Presented project status on EPIC Displays Core development.
Software Lead - Embraer Displays
Led a team of engineers responsible for all aspects of software development for the Electronic Flight Instruments System.
- Drove the team to meet commitments, improving schedule performance, software quality and customer satisfaction.
Test Lead - 777 Displays
Led a team of engineers in the software verification effort of the Navigation Display. Interfaced with software, systems and Boeing personnel to ensure the software for the Navigation Display complied with Boeing's requirements.
- Developed a Data Dictionary Tool that documented interfaces between software modules, reducing test development time.
Systems/Software Engineer - British Aerospace 145
Developed system/software requirements, software design, code and performed software/hardware integration for the dual, dissimilar digital flight control system including the auto-throttle and pitch outer loop control laws.
Software Engineer - TCAS
Developed systems/software requirements, software design and code for the conflict detection algorithms. Created software development procedures for the department.
Software Engineer - MD-11 Digital Flight Guidance
Developed real-time embedded flight software for the triple dissimilar digital flight control system used in the MD-11 aircraft. Designed software algorithms for the auto-throttle, pitch and roll control laws and signal selection logic.
BSEE in Electrical Engineering
Active Secret Clearance until 2010
Love to spend time with my friends, family and my dog, Kasey. Love to ski, bicycle, hike, sail and travel to places I have not being to. I also like to volunteer.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.