Seasoned Analyst and Communications Payload Engineer with good track record of success in the payload design and deployment of large scale satellite programs. Proven ability to analyze user requirements, create conceptual designs, prepare link budget calculations, evaluate performance, and develop implementation strategies to meet performance specifications. A project management orientation combining the creation of realistic schedules and the coordination of cross functional teams with delivery of results consistently on time. A quick learner committed to acquiring and applying new technology knowledge. Comprehensive education includes post graduate degrees in Technical Management and Marketing with undergraduate work in Engineering. Analytical and technical expertise includes:
¨ Payload Architecture Design ¨ FCC Satellite Filings ¨ Payload Proposal-RFI, RFP ¨ Payload Mass Power Thermal ¨ Payload Trade Studies ¨ Payload Budget Analyses
¨ RF Hardware definitions ¨ Payload Design Reviews ¨ Operations Center Support
Space Systems Loral , Palo Alto CA. 2006-Present
Developed payload designs for multiple new satellite across wide range of orbital locations to include the following work elements:
-Led the design of ABS-2 Satellite payload (Ku, Ka and C Band)
-Led the design of Ku-Band payload section of Hispasat 1F satellite currently under construction
-Led the design of the Ku-Band payload section of Amazonas 5 satellite currently under construction
-Supported the design of the following satellites: NBN Co, Star 1 C4 ,Viasat 1, Jupiter 2/ EchoStar 19 satellite, Nimiq 6, BulgariaSat -1 and many more.
-Supported various RFI and RFP proposal initiatives by providing payload design concepts
o Designing Payload system architecture
o Performing requirement analyses and system trade studies and analyses
o Developing definitions of RF hardware ( Low Noise Amplifiers, Receivers, Frequency synthesizers, filters such as Multiplexers, Travelling Wave tubes Amplifiers, etc ) requirements to domestic and international suppliers
o Reviewing design data for units from vendors for technical compliances
o Supporting or conducting design reviews ( Proposal , PDR and CDR)
o Designing redundancy rings topology to support customer requirements
o Determining Payload Mass ,Power and Thermal dissipation
INTELSAT, Washington D.C. 1986-2006
· Completed analysis and conceptual designs for multiple new satellite deployments and replacements across wide range of orbital locations to include the following work elements:
-Frequency plans, service area polygons, interconnectivity, antenna design, link budget calculations, performance/impact of antenna subsystems, satellite co-locations, and ISCO issues.
· Supported potential joint venture through analysis of requirements for DTH services and a preliminary satellite design to determine viability of a joint ventures
· Coordinated a diverse team effort resulting in FCC approval for a cross-polarization isolation weaver request for a satellite not meeting FCC isolation requirements for the primary coverage area.
· Compiled data on the satellite fleet to determine service types and used/unused capacity on transponder bases required for submission to the FCC.
· Analyzed implications of FCC Part 25 for future satellite licensing and conducted research on orbital debris mitigations resulting in required written statements to FCC for satellite application licenses.
· Provided technical assistance during a traffic restoration process following an operations failure to include transponder capacity analysis, link budget calculations, and test messages to customers.
· Led and coordinated completion of technical documents required by FCC to grant launch authority.
· Developed new satellite concepts matching INTELSAT space segment capacity objectives across range of orbital locations including performance, cost, growth capacity, and intersystem impacts.
· Performed detailed analysis of market trends and customer demands for new satellites and provided guidance to marketing on satellite capacity.
· Prepared, coordinated, and issued detailed link budget instructions to activate, expand, or configure 26 satellite links meeting service requirements, schedules, and budget guidelines.
· Prepared detailed transmission calculations using STRIP (Satellite Transmission Impairment) to achieve operational objectives of transponders and the customer earth station.
· Maintained operating frequencies within allocated bands and maintained records of frequencies and earth station constraints.
· Evaluated system performance data identifying problems and ensuring quality of service.
· Developed and delivered technical training for IOC and Communications System Engineering staff.
· Created, implemented, and analyzed customer service surveys and provided improvement proposals.
· Participated in the Process Re-engineering efforts by Intelsat.
· Summarizes and analyses monitoring data to determine performance and effectiveness of the Intelsat global network and recommends corrective actions on problems
· Provide technical support to other staff elements and earth station owners in resolution of system operational problems and improvement of system performance
· Provided a 24X7 contact point to assist and guide satellite network users accessing the space segment meeting cost targets and operational and maintenance requirements.
· Met international standards of performance, reliability, and real-time control of network activities.
· Created required documentation on operational and support activity based on performance data to support continuous review and analysis of the network.
· Performed maintenance of satellite Earth Station Equipment.
· Performed SSOG Tests
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, Baltimore, Maryland
Master of Science, Marketing, 1999
Master of Science, Technical Management, 1995
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY Ghana
Bachelor of Science, Engineering, 1980
UCLA – Satellite Communications Payload & System Design, 2001
GeorgiaTech-Antenna Engineering 2005
In-House continuous Payload training 2006-to present
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.