- Thermal System Engineer/Architect
- Thermal Sub-System Engineer/Architect
DOB ~ 16 January 1956
Nationality ~ British
Education ~ Newcastle Poly Tech: HND Mechanical Engineering & Middlesex University : Post Graduate Diploma Heat & Mass Transfer
Availability ~ Presently working at OHB Bremen until end of November 2015.
Work Experience Summary
Long experience of the space industry working at the level of thermal architect and consequently good experience of :
• Thermal design at System, Subsystem and component levels.
• Working with requirements and their apportionment to thermal control and lower levels.
o System, Sub-system, Component.
• Thermal activities and project planning
• Analysis Team leadership ( ~ internal and external )
• Sub-contractor control and procurement of thermal control hardware & software
o Heaters & thermistors
o Heat pipes ( ~ VCHP, CCHP, DIODES, & LOOP)
o External coatings (~ MLI, OSR, SSM, Paints, Material treatments )
• Thermal control software & FDIR
Work Experience ( Period Role and Main Responsibilities )
Oct 2010 - Dec 2015
Thermal System Engineer (OHB Bremen)
• System Requirement creation & apportionment (DOORS)
• Subsystem requirements
• Thermal hardware requirements
• Thermal control responsible
o Test & Analysis
o Hardware Procurement
• Hand Calculations, ESATAN,TAK3
Apr 2009 - June 2010
Thermal System Engineer ( Astrium Friedrichshafen)
• Prime thermal architect for MTG third generation.
• Phase A rider and Astrium MTG proposal & project standby
• Hand Calculations, TAK3
2005 - 2009
Thermal System Engineer (ASML Veldhoven)
• System design, calculations, system analysis, thermo-mechanical deformations
• Hand Calculations, ESATAN , ESARAD , THERMNV, THERMXL, FHTS
• ANSYS, MATLAB, FLOTHERM
• Main Activities
o System Design and concept creation.
o Creation of system level budgets and apportionment to sub-systems.
o Budget control ( focus & overlay )
o Water systems development +/- 0.005 K
o Spectral analysis (1 to 50,000 nm)
o Contamination and out gassing
o Creation of system specifications and requirements
o Subcontractor design requirements verification and performance.
2004 - 2005
Thermal System Engineer (Alcatel / Alenia Cannes)
• System design, calculations and analysis
• Hand Calculations, ESATAN, TAK3
• Main Activities
o Next generation of RF feed systems
o Generic East West Antenna procurement concept
o Design, manufacture and test of next generation integrated heat-pipe panel qualification specimen.
1999 - 2004
Thermal System Engineer (Astrium / SSTL / RAL)
• System design, calculations and analysis.
• Hand Calculations, ESATAN, THERMICA, SINDA, Thermxl
• Main activities
o Thermal concept of Helio explorer
o Thermal concept of Venus explorer
o E3000 generic propulsion thermal control
o Recovery calculations of Anik F1
o Thermal architect for Inmarsat 4 (Toulouse) up to PDR
o Thermal concept of Mars Rover (RIH)
o Thermal concept MIRI James Web and cryo-cooler trade off.
Thermal system engineer
Hand Calculations, ESATAN, THERMICA,SINDA, FHTS, ESABASE
MERIS, SKYBRIDGE, OBDH, ATLID, METOSAT, MARS EXPRESS, ISO, PPF, MTFF, HERMES, SAX, EURECA,
And many more.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.