Nov ‘13 - Now
(2 years +)
Service Manager, Project Manager, Senior Software Engineer
• Technical lead in ESAC project “Science Archives Publication System”
• Project provides information on the scientific performance of ESA’s operating missions by examining the publications and the observational data used to produce them.
• Java based development based on Spring based backend running on Tomcat and Google GWT as the frontend, backed by Postgresql database.
• Searching capabilities provided by ElasticSearch server.
• Integration with multiple ESAC Archive AIO systems.
• Technical lead in ESAC project “PLAnck Added Value Interfaces”
• Python based development of a distributed service oriented system, backed a fully restful API server and MongoDB, Redis
• All infrastructure running on clustered installation of Docker containers
• Integration with existing PLA archive website and datastore
Mar ‘13 - Oct ‘13
Startup company, Athens, Greece
Technical Lead, Senior Software Engineer
• Building an online e-commerce site for airline and hotel ticket reservations.
• Integration to third party services through SOAP web services.
• Multiple backend cache systems (memcache, ElasticSearch, Redis)
• Hosted on Amazon EC2. Clustered implementation through multiple application and cache servers. Database in Amazon RDS.
• Faceted search interface with Jquery, ElasticSearch, Twitter Bootstrap.
Project developed in Symfony2 PHP framework
Aug ‘12 - Nov ‘12
Airtickets.gr, Athens, Greece
Senior Software Engineer
• Lead Engineer responsible for architecting and implementing a Java backend service to integrate web service communications with Amadeus CRS/GDS (Computer Reservation System, Global Distribution System).
• Implemented optimized workflow in order to minimize amount of communication between travel agency and reservations system.
• Successfully passed the implemented solution through the Amadeus certification process before the system can be taken online.
Work was done with Java, with Spring framework and Apache Axis Soap.
Mar ‘12 - Jul ‘12
PeoplePerHour, Athens, Greece
• Worked developing a caching and indexing service based on Solr (search and indexing service based on Apache Lucene).
• Developed formulas for scoring and boosting results, calculating facets and implementing fuzzy searches on autocomplete text boxes.
• Also optimized various parts of the website using memcache techniques.
Coding was done in PHP with the Yii PHP framework
Sep ‘06 - May ‘11
(4 years 8 months)
Evorad A.E., Athens, Greece
Worked in the development of Evorad’s Java RIS-PACS suite. Excellent knowledge of both RIS and PACS workflows and requirements. This required the collection of customer based requirements, subsequent analysis and finally Java based design, implementation and integration in the main application.
1. For the PACS, developed algorithms for image orientation, series synchronization, MPR and MIP calculations, image annotations, image sorting, etc.
2. For the RIS, designed the automated scheduler for medical appointments, a server based CD burning solution, medical referral notes, integration with customer’s HIS systems, examination auto-forwarding, custom DICOM worklist integration, etc.
3. For the web-based teleradiology module, setup and maintained Amazon EC2 instances, automated backup procedures in S3 and worked with Amazon RDS. Finally designed a web application for billing written in jquery to display produced billing invoices.
Apr‘03 - Aug‘06
(3 years 5 months)
Emphasis A.E., Athens, Greece
Consultant / Software Engineer
Participated as a software engineer in the European funded projects “Carditis” (Java gui interface for interaction with a haptic device), “Care-Paths” (Java servlets, JADE ontologies), “eRemedy” (Java user interface applet, hardware-software interaction, tele-medicine environment), “Weight Info”. Detailed project descriptions are below.
Feb ‘01 - Mar ‘02
(1 year 2 months)
Intergraphics, Athens, Greece
Web Design and Java Instructor
• Instructor for Web Design classes, teaching HTML, CSS and Flash Actionscript.
• Designed and taught Java classes for programming beginners.
Feb ‘00 - Feb ‘01
(1 year 1 month)
M.A.I.Ch, Chania, Crete, Greece
• Developed and implemented the Institute’s website.
• Designed an intranet site to be used by the Institute’s departments in order to share research information.
• Developed the Herbarium Management system (Python, TCL/TK based).
Dec ‘96 – Nov ‘99
enCommerce, Santa Clara, CA, USA
• Acted as the main engineer for all Graphical User Interface efforts.
• Developed the Administration Application GUI for enCommerce’s main product, “getAccess”.
• Researched and eventually developed concurrent GUI and CLI (Command Line Interface) for the same product.
• Improved the graphical representation of the topology mapping of a distributed installation of getAccess.
Jul ‘96 – Nov ‘96
Kapalua Consulting, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Consultant / Software Engineer
• Developed and supported a travel agency web site using HTML and Perl.
• Installed and supported various versions of web servers.
Sep. ‘89 – May ‘94
University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
B.A. in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics.
• Java EE
• Java Servlets
• Tomcat, JBoss
• Yii, Zend, Drupal
• Django, Python Eve
• Eclipse IDE
• Amazon services S3/EC2/RDS
• Google App Engine
• Hudson/Jenkins, Teamcity
• git (anyone still uses svn?)
Unix (15+ years), Windows (I've seen them)
Greek (Native), English (Perfect)
Participation in National & European Projects (2003-2006)
CARDITIS's objective was to overcome the weaknesses of the existing methods for the accurate reconstruction and simulation of the cardiac system. CARDITIS aimed at providing cardiologists and cardio surgeons with a software and hardware platform, which could be used as an intelligent interventional and surgical simulator. Its primary objective was to expand understanding of the human cardiovascular system.
The goal of CARE-PATHS was to set up an intelligent operational environment for making Clinical Governance effective, to support Health Professionals, Clinicians and Care Operators, in continually improving the quality of their services and safeguarding high standards of care. The approach adopted by CARE-PATHS was to exploit emerging technologies in knowledge management and semantic web for enabling the methodology of "Clinical Pathways" to function, to be effective and to succeed.
The objective of WEIGHT-INFO was to provide the citizen with an easily and from everywhere accessible, integrated environment where any weight related issue is targeted in a personalised effective manner from the citizen point of view. The work programme was constituted of 11 work packages, dealing both with the construction of a reliable information environment (certified by medical organizations) and with the realisation of easily accessible online services, customised to deal with different user profiles, needs and weight problems. The usage of portable phones and other new communication devices was taken into consideration in the system design and implementation.
In the envisaged scenario, where a rehabilitation treatment was prescribed, the physician, in co-operation with the physiotherapist, identified a personalised rehabilitation program for the patient, taking into account the patient status and needs. Based on patient’s personal needs, at the centre, the rehabilitation protocol was accurately defined, depending on the actual patient status; using the Rehabilitation process management tool the rehabilitation period, the frequency of visits and possible additional examinations were accurately planned.
Boardgames, reading, music, scuba diving, bicycling, traveling.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.