2. Date and Place of Birth: July 7, 1984 /Ikeja, Lagos State.
3. Age 31 years
4. Sex Male
5. State of Origin Oyo State
6. Nationality: Nigerian
10. Marital Status: Single
11. Number and Ages of Children: Nil
(a). Higher Institution attended (with dates)
(i).Federal University of Technology, Akure, with African Regional Centre for Space Science and Technology Education-English (ARCSSTE-E). Jan. 2013 – Sept. 2015
(ii). Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. Oct. 2006 –Aug. 2011
(iii).The Polytechnic Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State Feb, 2003-May, 2006
12. Pure Academic Qualifications (with dates)
i. PhD (in view), Agro-meteorology & Climate Modelling, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
ii. M.Tech. Space Science Technology (GIS/RS Option) The Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo state, Nigeria 2015
iii. B.Tech. Meteorology, The Federal University of Technology, Akure. 2011
iv. ONDElectrical/Electronics Engineering, Polytechnic Ibadan 2006
13. Distinction and Membership of Professional Societies:
i. International Society for Agricultural Meteorology (InSAM)
ii. African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment (AARSE)
iii. Geospatial Information & Technology Association (GITA)
iv. International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
v. Nigerian Meteorological Society (NmetS)
14. Previous Employment (with dates):
i. Graduate Research Scientist, African Regional Space Centre (ARCSSTE-E), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. Jan. 2014-Sept. 2015
ii. GIS Analyst(NYSC), Centre for Space Research and Applications (CESRA), Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State. July, 2012- June, 2013
iii. GIS Analyst, Department of Geography and Planning Science, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State. Nov, 2011- July, 2012
iv. GIS Instructor, Joseph Ayodele Babalola University, Osun State (May-Dec, 2012)
i. GIS Instructor, Airtel-ATCBase Transceiver Mapping Nov,2014-May, 2015
ii. Mine Surveyor, Japaul Minesand Products, OndoState March-Sept 2014
iii. GIS Student Scientist (Intern), Geospatial Laboratory, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, Oyo State. May,2010 – Nov, 2010
15. Papers already accepted for publications (only in the last 3 years):
i. Akinbile CO, Adegbola OA, and Akande SO (2015) Determining the effect of salt-induced soil on paddy rice development and yield using GIS mappingThe International Society of Paddy and Water Environment Engineering(Springe)r Japan, June 2015DOI: 10.1007_s10333-015-0501-3
ii. Obiyemi OO, Ibiyemi TS, and Akande SO (2014) Rainfall variability and impact on communication infrastructure in Nigeria Journal of Telecommunications, Volume 25, Issue 1, May 2014 http://www.journaloftelecommunications.co.uk/volume-25-issue-1-may-2014
iii. Falaki AA, Ajayi OJ, Akangbe JA and Akande SO (2013) Rural farmers’ perception of climate variabilities in benue state of Nigeria, Nigerian Journal of Rural Sociology Vol. 14, No. 1, October 2013http://journal.nrsa.org.ng/index.php/njrs/article/view/131
16. Published Conference Proceedings:
i. Public Health Mapping Using Geographic Information System: a case study on Polio Eradication Campaign in Ondo State (FUTA-SOS, 2014).
ii. Rainfall Variability and Impact on Communication Infrastructure in Nigeria (UNIOSUN Conference, 2013).
iii. Impact of Climate Change on Food Security in Nigeria (IITA Geospatial Workshop/ Seminar, 2010).
17. Thesis / Dissertations:
i. Akande, S.O (2015): An assessment of Rainfall Distribution over Nigeria from Ground and Remotely Sensed Data Sources (unpublished M.Tech thesis). Federal University of Technology, Akure.
ii. Akande, S.O (2011): Variability of Rinfall Distribution in Different Ecological Zones of Nigeria (unpublished B.Tech Thesis). Federal University of Technology, Akure.
18. Listed Conference/Training/Workshop Participation
i. School of Earth & Mineral Sciences (SEMS) Conference, FUTA July,2015
ii. School of Sciences Second Annual Conference (SOS2014) Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Ondo State, Nigeria Feb. 2014
iii. Climate Change and Vision 2020: Strategic Options for Nigeria Dec. 2013
iv. Satellite Tool Kit (STK) & UNISEC Can Satellites Workshop (FUTA) May, 2013
v. Research Methodology & Statistical Analysis Training (CERAD-FUTA) 2012
19. Extra Curricula Activities
Reading, Travelling, Sports and meeting people
20. Names and Addresses of three Referees:
Prof. J.O Akinyede
Centre for Space Research and Applications (CESRA),
Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State.
Dr A.O Eludoyin
Department of Geography,
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State
Dr. A.Y.B Anifowose
Head, Department of Remote Sensing and Geoscience Information System,
Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State.
21. Date: September 29, 2015
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.