Highly motivated physicist who thrives on problem-solving, both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Gained experience at the European Space Agency's Electric Propulsion Laboratory, planning and executing test campaigns for experimental plasma thrusters, whilst ensuring timely delivery of data analysis and test reports. Adept at implementing accurate simulations and quickly learning to utilise unfamiliar software packages. Possesses a valuable combination of theoretical knowledge with practical insight and continuously driven to acquire new skills and knowledge.
European Space Agency - ESTEC Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Electric Propulsion Test Engineer Oct. 2014 – Sep. 2015
‒ Young Graduate Trainee in Electric & Advanced Propulsion Section (TEC-MPE) and the Electric Propulsion Laboratory (EPL) at the European Space Research & Technology Centre (ESTEC).
‒ Supported test campaigns as part of the EPL team operating electric & cold-gas thrusters, high-precision thrust balances, vacuum facilities and high voltage electrical systems,with LabVIEW integration.
‒ Independently performed feasibility studies & trajectory optimisation analysis for advanced propulsion systems in MatLab.
Internship Jun. 2013 – Sep. 2013
‒ Space Environments & Effects Section (TEC-EES), working with space debris mitigation strategies and spacecraft radiation dosage analysis.
‒ Simulated effects of plasma sputtering on the Ion Beam Shepherd satellite, using Spacecraft Plasma Interaction Software (SPIS).
‒ Performed validation of the renewed AP(E)-9 model of the Earth’s radiation belts against previous models.
School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Birmingham W.Midlands,UK
Internship July – Aug. 2012
‒ 8-week project in the Year 1 Physics Laboratory.
‒ Designed and developed experiments,making concepts within optics and particle physics accessible to new students.
University of Birmingham W.Midlands, UK
Physics MSci (First Class Honours) Sep. 2010 – June 2014
‒ Developed a rigorous theoretical knowledge across a wide range of physical phenomena, supported by continuous laboratory work and group investigations.
‒ Final year thesis titled “Asteroseismic Determination of the Rotational Profile inside Red Giants” (Grade 84%). Required a thorough understanding of plasma dynamics within a star, and the implementation of these equations within an optimisation algorithm in MatLab.
‒ Editor for 3rd year group investigation, responsible for producing a coherent 100-page report written with 15 fellow students.
‒ Developed computer skills in C++, IDL, Python, LaTeX, Linux & MSOffice.
‒ Yearly Averages & Selected Modules:
2nd Year (76%)
3rd Year (82%)
4th Year (84%)
Relativistic Astrophysics (89%)
Structure in the Universe(91%)
Fission & Fusion (88%)
Statistical Physics & Entropy (80%)
Planetary Astronomy (97%)
Stellar Structure (82%)
Nuclear Physics (79%)
Statistical Physics (76%)
Lasers & Interferometry (85%)
The Gryphon School Dorset, UK
A-Levels Sep. 2008 - July 2010
– Physics (A), Maths (A*), Further Mathematics( A)
– Awards for outstanding achievement across subjects.
Further Training & Activities
– “Introduction to Space Systems Engineering” (1week course) certified by University of Southampton, 2015.
– Online “Machine Learning” course certified by Stanford University, 2015 (ongoing ,expected completion in Mar. 2016).
– “Electric Propulsion Systems & Concepts”( 1week course) certified by University of Pisa, 2013.
– Technologies for Space Debris Mitigation (De-orbiting strategies & CleanSat), ESTEC 2015.
– Discussions group at ESA’s Advanced Concepts Team,on topics including trajectory optimisation and computer vision (2014–2015).
– Advanced Space Technologies in Robotics & Automation, ESTEC 2015.
– Expanding my coding abilities through online courses on Codecademy (Python & HTML5), following the ’AcceleratedC++’ textbook and experimenting with Arduino electronics.
– Have enjoyed travelling across Europe & India, whilst learning several languages to Level 1 (Spanish, Dutch, French, Italian, Greek).
– Staying physically active through rock-climbing,r unning, playing squash as well as surfing and skiing whenever possible.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.