Sentinel-3 System and Spacecraft Controller
Telespazio VEGA Dtl. at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt (Germany)
▪ Earth Observation LEO Spacecraft monitoring and commanding according to schedule and FCT requests (SCOS-2000 and Packet Utilization Standard)
▪ Ground segment and service chain monitoring.
▪ First line of contingency response and escalation. Anomaly reporting.
▪ Interface with service providers, Copernicus PDGS network and other partner institutions.
▪ 24/7 system operation and assisting in configuring and testing the operational system
Support to the analyst team in the creation of reporting tools (Excel VBA)
▪ Verification, testing and fine tuning of the operational procedures in the transition from launch to routine operations
May 2015–Sep 2015
UAV Navigation Research Assistant
Institut Politechnique des Sciences Avancées, Ivry-sur-Seine (France)
Development and implementation of the attitude control and navigation algorithms for UAVs and flying robotics. On-Board sensors fusion using Kalman filter. Prototyping of a filter and control algorithms test platform, a simplified system to tune filters and simulate UAV performances for research and education purposes from a computer interface (Matlab/Simulik + XBEE + Arduino). Prototyping of a low cost Inertial Motion Unit.
Mar 2013–Jan 2015
BI and Strategy Analyst
Fondaki SIP-ner, Bilbao (Spain)
Technological trends and state-of-the-art prospects, analysis of international supply chain and geostrategic information. I have worked in projects related to machine-tool, smart factory and components manufacturing in Mexico, Brazil, China and US. I also represented my company in the R&D team of NER Group, the matrix group of our company.
Jul 2012–Jan 2013
Venus Express Science Operations Development Trainee (ESAC Traineeship)
European Space Agency / European Space astronomy Center (ESA/ESAC), Madrid (Spain)
Support to the Venus Express Science Operations Centre. Development of a tool for Science Operations Planning and Science Oportunity Analisys called "Solar System Science Operations Laboratory (SOLab)". SOLab. Programmed in IDL using SPICE libraries. Tool used in Venus Express to calculate and optimise observations and time windows, fulfilling the mission constraints. It allows to visualizethe expected attitude and pointing of the spacecraft, both in 2D and 3D. Development of a new pointing module and interfaces with other ESA software (MAPPS). New possible implementations to BepiColombo, SolarOrbiter, MarcoPolo-R.
Nov 2011–Dec 2011
Design Engineer (Part-Time Internship)
ESDRAS Automática, SL, Las Rozas de Madrid (Spain)
Planification, geometry and CAD (Catia V5, SolidEdge): project preparation and configuration analysis for solar power plants; design of off-shore wind turbine components.
Oct 2009–Jun 2011
Complutense University of Madrid - CMU Sta. M. de Europa, Madrid (Spain)
Purchasing management and computers, network mainteinance and webpage development.
Sep 2014–Sep 2015
M.Sc. Space Science and Technology
University of the Basque Country, Bilbao (Spain)
Covering topics on: Astrodynamics, Space Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Optics, Data Processing, Spacecraft subsystems, Remote sensing, Space Materials. Master Thesis: "Sensors Fusion using Kalman Filter" at IPSA Paris with an Erasmus+ studentship.
Sep 2006–Jun 2012
M.Sc Aeronautical Engineering
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Aeronáuticos. TU Madrid, Madrid (Spain)
Spanish 5 years program (MSc level). Specialized in Aerospace Propulsion.
Final year project: "Systems Engineering for UPMSat-2" (passed with honors).
UPMsat-2 is a small satellite (~50kg) developed in the TU Madrid. The aim of the project was tailoring the Systems Engineering methodology to a small satellite, with special effort on adapting the methodology of the ECSS standards. The main task was the development the requirements engineering and the preparation of AIVP (Assembly, Integration & Verification Plan) and SEP (Systems Engineering Plan), while retaining a system-minded vision of the project for the whole life-cycle.
▪ I coordinated the comunication and funding group at my University Dorm during two years and I colaborated in the organization of the photography and short film contests.
▪ Experience working in multidisciplinar and international teams during my traineeship in the European Space Agency and my work in the UPMSat-2
Organisational / managerial skills
▪ Head (2008-10) of the students association "SAE Aeronáuticos" at Technical University of Madrid, bond to "Society of Automotive Engineers" International.
▪ Co-founder of EHUspace (2015), student for the development of space technologies at the Basque Country University.
▪ Collaborator at IPSA Space Systems. Implementation of an OTS navigation system for a rocket-deployed UAV (PX4 Autopilot)
Advanced user experience in MS Windows and GNU/Linux (openSuse, Ubuntu and Debian) and as basic user of OS X. User of Office automation software ( MS Office, Libreoffice), and technical software as STK, GasTurb, Solid Edge, Catia v5. Programming in Fortran 90 (basic), C (basic), Matlab /Simulin (medium) and IDL (medium). Version management with CVS
J.H.P Oosthoek, P. Arriazu and R. Marco Figuera. Shall we send humans to Holden Crater? How a geodesic GIS approach can aid the landing site selection for future missions to Mars (Poster). First Landing Site/Exploration Zone Workshop for Human Missions to the Surface of Mars, Houston, TX. October 2015
A. Cardesín, M. Costa, M. Almeida, N.Altobelli, P.Arriazu. The Solar System Science Operations Laboratory: A science opportunity analysis for MarcoPolo-R? (Poster). Astrobiological and cosmochemical implications of MarcoPolo-R sampling of a primitive Asteroid International Symposium, Barcelona(Spain), January 2013
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.