Experienced as an engineer in premier research and development organizations.
TechnicalManagement ·Team Building·Systems Engineering ·Spaceflight Simulation & Modeling
Technical Education & Training ·Multidisciplinary Teams ·Technical Communication ·Software Testing
Top Secret/SCI, 2011
COMSEC trained & approved
Space Test & Engineering Contract 09—New Mexico 2011-Present
The organization is the Air Force’s leading operations center for flying Research, Development, Test & Engineering spaceflight missions.
Mission Engineer, 2011-Present (2011-2012 Harris-Caprock, 2012-Present Linquest)
Provided mission planning, procedure development, engineering support and software test for the TacSat-3. Coriolis, RadCal, STPSat-2, STPSat-3 and C/NOFS spacecraft
· Performed daily mission planning, anomaly resolution, satellite realtime commanding, and ground system PERL scripting to maximize TacSat-3 science return in late Operational phase and End-of-Life experiment hases of the mission. Performed STK simulations to determine optimized use of TacSat-3 during the final months of its lifetime.
· Undertook operational acceptance testing of the Multi-Mission Satellite Operations Center (MMSOC) ground system, including Horizon mission management software. Tested successful port of TacSat-3 to MMSOC and supported integration of MMSOC with STPSat-3 spacecraft. Tested for Information Assurance patching, mission planning / deconfliction tools, and automated telemetry recording and error reporting tools.
· Led STEC testing of PAPSAT software during port from SPARC to x86 architecture. Identified software discrepancies and developed procedures to implement automated scheduling software and train STEC mission planners in its use.
· Transitioned Coriolis to successful operations by Naval Research Laboratory.
· Performed mission planning and contributed to anomaly resolution for RadCal spacecraft. Successfully decommissioned spacecraft after 20 year mission.
· Wrote procedures, tested software, rehearsed mission operations and successfully executed the STPSat-3 Launch & Early Orbit campaign. Worked shifts during on-schedule L&EO campaign which verified five payloads over 30 days.
Air Force Research Laboratory—New Mexico 2005-2009
The organization is the Air Force’s premier research and development organization charged with developing technologies for prototypes of strategic and tactical military space systems.
Air Force Captain & Systems Engineer, 2005-2009
Provided leadership to an eight-member team in systems engineering tasks for the $75M TacSat-3 space experiment program. Designed mission parameters to optimize limited experimental time. Managed configuration control across 20+ Department of Defense and international teams. Established operational procedures for TacSat-3 missions. Administered schedule and documentation for secondary spacecraft payloads. Monitored and assisted critical integration & test operations including spacecraft lifting and component thermal vacuum testing.
· Analyzed spacecraft availability through precise determination of optimal altitude & inclination to increase the spacecraft’s image collections by a factor of sixteen, disseminating data to the warfighter in minutes while extending on-orbit lifetime by 50%.
· Achieved Air Force Materiel Command accreditation for the $1.5M ground station to ensure secure command & control for the warfighter.
· Steered the Space Plug & Play Avionics Experiment to flight-certify revolutionary plug & play technologies, directed interface control document and vibration test plan development to reduce spacecraft integration & test time to less than one week.
· Spearheaded the Satellite Communications Payload to increase maritime situational awareness with near-real-time theater response.
· Calculated a complex window for spacecraft launch & orbit insertion, minimizing the probability of a $30K daily launch slip and preventing damage to the spacecraft imager.
· Co-developed requirements and found solution for virtual mission tasking software, leveraging an existing program and saving $1M
· Edited launch mission requirements to eliminate confusion and provided same-day response to questions from launch vehicle vendors, saving $50M.
ArgonneNational Laboratory—Illinois 2002
The organization stands at the forefront of the Department of Energy’s investigation and implementation of new solutions to America’s Energy Technology needs.
Student Summer Research Intern, 2002
Continued research into candidate hip replacement materials
·Designed and conducted experiments on ceramic, polymer, metallic, and carbon-coated hip replacement materials in a linear wear test machine.
·Utilized microscopy to quantify wear volume and determine lifetime of candidate materials.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, 2005
·Minors in International Relations & Mathematics
·Nine credit hours in general physics, including quantum mechanics and optics
·Six credit hours in the following fields: aircraft structures, aerodynamics, electrical engineering
·Three credit hours in the following fields: control systems, turbine & rocket propulsion, materials, space mechanics, spaceflight attitude dynamics and control, technical report writing
·Preliminary design project: air-launched orbital vehicle utilizing hybrid rocket propulsion
·Detailed design project: microsatellite launch vehicle
·Laboratory experience with subsonic wind tunnel
·Graduated with GPA 4.0/4.0.
Universityof New Mexico Secondary Education License, 2010
·Twenty-one credit hours in education
Universityof New Mexico MS Mechanical Engineering, Expected 2015
·Twenty-eight credit hours in spaceflight attitude dynamics & control, small satellite design, space situational awareness, stochastic modeling, and other engineering & mathematics disciplines
Team and Personal Awards
AFRL International Team Award, 2007
Summa Cum Laude graduate, ERAU class of 2005
Valedictorian, Lockport Township High School
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Who’s Who Among College Students
National Dean’s List
·“One Last Haul” [Short Story.] Return to Luna, Eric T. Reynolds (ed.,) 2008
·“ResCon: Conceptual Design for a Responsive Space Constellation.” Proceedings of the 8th Annual Responsive Space Conference. RS8-2010-1006
Sigma Gamma Tau aerospace engineering honor society
Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint (all versions through 2013) inc. MS Project & MS Visio
Proficient in Debian & Ubuntu Linux
Experience in Systems Tool Kit (STK,) Orbit Determination Toolkit (ODTK,) MSC NASTRAN, MatLab, PERL, Pro/Engineer, Visual C, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Linux Enterprise, Maple, FreeFlyer
Professional Certifications, Workshops & Military Education
DoD Level I Acquisition Professional Development Program
USAF Air & Space Basic Course, 12/2005
National Youth Leadership Forum on Defense, Intelligence, and Diplomacy, 2/2000
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.