Date of Birth: 4th August 1982
My career to date has presented many challenges and I have undertaken a range of diverse roles in geophysics and business development, as well as in banking and teaching. At each stage, I have aimed to learn from my colleagues and from the challenges themselves to gain insight, knowledge and to improve my skill-set.
In 2007, I emigrated to Italy. Beyond learning a new language, living and working abroad has demonstrated the importance of being adaptive and I have learned extensively from the Italian culture. I have always enjoyed embarking on new ventures, whether of a work or cultural nature. I am ambitious, passionate and committed in all I do and this is apparent in my professionalism, communication with others and well-rounded interpersonal skills. I also like to think that I am very approachable.
08/09 – Date International Business Development: Tele-Rilevamento Europa, TRE (Milan, Italy)
TRE is an SME spin-off from the Polytechnic University of Milan, specialising in monitoring ground movement by processing satellite-borne synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery.
· Identification of new client base and client contact
· Sales process management from start to close (client visits, tailored proposals, pricing, closure)
· Creation and implementation of market-specific business plans
· Salesforce administrator including creation of KPI tools and analytical dashboards
Specific markets under my responsibility are underground gas storage, infrastructure, nuclear and natural hazards. Sales have grown year on year, doubling each year for the last two years. Travel is frequently required, including client meetings, training days and international conferences. Extensive knowledge has been gained through project management.
08/07 – 08/09 Contract English Teacher (Milan, Italy)
TEFL, IELTS, BEC and CAE exam preparation for individuals, businesses and general English through in‑house training, lectures and freelance teaching at private schools.
12/06 – 08/07 Portfolio Manager: Royal Bank of Scotland, Commercial Banking (London, UK)
Portfolio management for key accounts with turnovers of £1-25m. The role provided an excellent insight into business development, client relationships, commercial banking and dealing with varying size companies from start-ups to established businesses.
10/05 – 12/06 Project Geophysicist: Zetica (Oxford, UK)
Project management, responsible for work conducted on-site, resource management and reporting. Role specifics included subsurface survey design, on-site data collection and data analysis. I worked on multiple bespoke shallow geophysics projects including unexploded ordnance detection and subsurface risk mitigation to full utility surveys. Techniques used included: seismic, radar, electromagnetism and resistivity.
10/04 – 10/05 Temporary Positions (UK)
· Accounts Payable at British Gas
· Direct Sales at ETM Marketing
09/03 – 09/04 Masters of Research in Physics of the Earth and Atmosphere: Pass with Merit
School of Earth and Environment (University of Leeds, UK)
· Thesis: “The trigger mechanism of low-frequency earthquakes on Montserrat”
· Course: Study of the Earth’s processes, monitoring techniques and mathematical analysis
· Fieldwork: Installation of a tiltmeter and seismic network on active volcano (Montserrat, 2003-4)
09/00 – 06/03 BSc. Geophysics: 2.1 with Honours
School of Earth and Environment (University of Leeds, UK)
· Thesis: Tiltmeter analysis for eruption prediction on Montserrat, West Indies
· Course: Analysis using mathematics and physics to explain the Earth’s events and characteristics, e.g. earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, global warming, tectonic plate movements, etc.
· Modules: volcanic & earthquake processes, atmospheric studies, tectonics, oil production, mining
09/93 – 06/00 Maidstone Grammar School (Maidstone, UK)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Adaptive to new and challenging environments
· Creative and innovative thinker
· Clear, precise and articulate reporting
· Cooperative, efficient team player and strong multitasker
Languages English: Mother tongue
Computing Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/UNIX, Mac OS
Publishing: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator
GIS: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Geosoft Oasis Montaj
CRM & Financial: Salesforce (administrator), SAP, Open Accounts
Programming: Fortran, Matlab
Web: CSS, Flash, Dreamweaver, DotNetNuke
· Energy, the Environment and Our Future: distinction (Coursera, Pennsylvania State Uni., 2014)
· TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (Oxford, 2007)
· British Geophysical Association poster award (University of Liverpool, 2004)
· Duke of Edinburgh Gold award, (University of Leeds, 2002)
· Crest Masterclass award (University of Surrey, 1997)
· Private Pilot’s Licence PPL(A) with SEP(Land) and SEP(Sea) ratings
· Full, clean car & motorbike driving licences
· Solo gliding wings (RAF Manston, 1998)
I am passionate about learning from cultures different to my own, visiting new environments and meeting unfamiliar people. An important lesson learned has been that I have gained significant respect for others and their differing opinions – a strong starting point for successful relationships, I believe.
I also enjoy regular running (½ marathon, StraMilano), rugby, swimming and golf. I cycle almost everywhere – in 2007, I completed a trip from London to Edinburgh (650km) in five days to raise funds for the National Epilepsy Society. I am also a keen musician, playing the piano, trumpet and guitar in my spare time.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.