CV: Geodesist - Geospatial engineer
| Date Submitted:||26-11-2015|
| Last Modified:||18-03-2016 (11:27)|
Research scientist at the field of Earth system modeling. Worked as research investigator for several projects concerning studies of Future Satellite Gravity Missions and Earth Mass Transport, issued by the European Space Agency (ESA), the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the German Research Foundation (DFG).
My background is Geodesy with a specialization at Physical and Satellite Geodesy. Received higher education in different Universities and gained researching experience at Research Institutes as well as Universities. My technical skills include advanced knowledge of programming languages, software development, scientific publishing, teaching responsibilities at the University, managing of project responsibilities and composing of technical reports among others.
Work experience :
Oct 2011 – Present : Research scientist
IAPG / TUM - Technische Universität München, München (Germany)
Principal investigator on topics of Earth system modeling, gravity field estimation theory and setup of satellite gravity missions of a next generation. Developed the end-to-end simulation software that is routinely used for gravity field processing studies of present and future satellite missions.
Main responsibilities :
Setup and maintenance of full-scale gravity field processing software
Investigations concerning concepts of future satellite gravity missions
Scientific publishing / participation in international conferences
Teaching / supervising
Full time investigator in projects concerning future satellite missions :
ESA / SC4MGV (ESA Project)
NGGM - D (DLR Project)
15 Oct.2009 - 30 Sep 2011 : Researcher and member of the GRACE science team
GFZ - Deutsches Geoforschungszentrum, Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany)
Investigator on topics of gravity field processing of the GRACE mission. Developed among others a validation toolbox that is operationally used for assessing the quality of the gravity field solutions.
Full time investigator in the following (DFG) mass transport projects :
DAROTA/COTAGA, JIGOG, IDEAL-GRACE
Oct 2011 – Feb 2016 : Dr.-Ing. in Satellite Geodesy (magna cum laude)
IAPG / TUM - Technische Universität München, München (Germany)
Title of Doctoral dissertation :
Gravity field processing towards future LL-SST satellite missions
Sep 2006 - Feb 2008 : M.Sc. in Geodesy and Geoinformatics
KTH - Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (Sweden)
Indicative courses (5=Excellent) : Reference Systems (5/5), GIS Architecture (3/5), Satellite Positioning with GPS (4/5), Visualisation Techniques (4/5), Laser Scanning Technology (5/5), Integrated Navigation (5/5), Physical Geodesy (4/5), Satellite Gravimetry (5/5).
Title of Master Thesis :
Determination of a gravimetric geoid model of Greece using the method of KTH.
Sep 2000 - Feb 2006 : Dipl.-Ing. in Rural and Surveying Engineering
NTUA - National Technical University of Athens, Athens (Greece)
Indicative courses : Advanced Geodesy, Satellite Geodesy, Theory of Errors and Adjustments, Geodetic Astronomy, Reference Systems and Geodetic Projections, Metrology, Marine Geodesy, Digital Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Digital Image Analysis
Title of Diploma Thesis :
Detection of any possible effect of the 26/12/2004 Sumatra earthquake on the positions of the GPS stations Dionysos and Leykada.
Language skills :
Mother tongue : Greek
Other languages :
English : Level C2 - Fluent (Cambridge Michigan ECPE)
German : Level C1 - Advanced
French : Level A2 - Intermediate
Software skills :
Fortran, OpenMP, Matlab, Bash scripting, Python, C/C++(basics)
Software development :
- IAPG/TUM : Developed a simulator consisting of a collection of Fortran programs. Runs in parallel processing (OpenMP) taking advantage of the Linux cluster of LRZ, and exploits enhanced numerical precision.
- GFZ : Developed a validation toolbox consisting of bash, octave and python scripts, as well as Fortran programs.
- Master thesis : Computation of the geoid model programmed in Matlab.
- Linux and Windows environment user
- GNSS software : Bernese, EPOS-OC
- GIS software : ArcGIS, Smallworld GIS tools
- Mapping software : GMT and Tecplot
- Writing, presentations : MS Office, LaTeX
Honours and awards :
2009 - KTH university, Sweden :
Awarded with the Tryggve Rubin Foundation Best Student Thesis in Geodesy for 2008-2009.
Additional information :
- June 2013 - Certification of attendance at the 2-day seminar "Basics in Business & Administration for Scientists" received from the Carl von Linde-Akademie of TUM.
- March 2013 - Certification of attendance at the 5-day workshop "Parallel Programming of High Performance Systems" received from the Erlangen Regional Computing Center (RRZE) and the Leibniz-Rechnenzentrum (LRZ).
- February 2012 - Certification of attendance at the 5-day workshop "Programming with Fortran" received from the Leibniz-Rechnenzentrum (LRZ) .
- ESA - SC4MGV (2013 – 10.2015) :
Assessment of Satellite Constellations for Monitoring the Variations in Earth Gravity Field
- NGGM-D (06.2013 - 06.2014) :
Next Generation Satellite Gravimetry Mission
- COTAGA (01.2011 - 12.2012) :
Combined Ocean Tide Analysis by GRACE and Altimetry Data
- JIGOG (01.2011 - 2.2012) :
Surface mass redistribution from joint inversion of GPS site displacements, ocean bottom pressure models and GRACE global gravity models
- IDEAL-GRACE (2007 - 2009) :
Improved De-aliasing for Gravity Field Modeling with GRACE
Available at : http://www.iapg.bgu.tum.de/Mitarbeiter/Ilias_Daras/
European Geosciences Union Assembly 2016 Co-convener of Session :
Satellite Gravimetry: Data Analysis, Results and Future Concepts
Playing music : piano, bass, bouzouki
Sports : Basketball, running
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery
|3 months - Bronze
|6 months - Silver
|12 months - Gold
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.