01/03/2019–Present Spacecraft Subsystem Engineer
- Preparation and support of LEOP and IOT
- Provision of operational expertise to in-orbit subsystems
- Creation & maintenance of relevant operations documentation, flight procedures and groundscripts
- Perform trending and performance analysis on satellite subsystems
- Investigations into satellite anomalies and management of anomaly response activities
02/07/2018–01/03/2019 Spacecraft Engineer
▪ Coding operations procedures in python and testing them on the simulator
▪ Writing and testing procedures to troubleshoot anomaly situations
▪ CONOPS definition for spacecraft and ground alarms systems
▪ Created telemetry displays to be used during ops
01/01/2017–20/06/2018 Spacecraft & Ground Controller for O3b Constellation
SES, Betzdorf (Luxembourg)
▪ Fully certified for operations
▪ Monitoring of spacecraft telemetry and alarm status
▪ Respond to anomalies by applying appropriate contingency procedures to solve the issue or escalate when necessary
▪ Production of spacecraft and ground equipment anomaly logs/reports
▪ Execution of special operations as required by engineering
▪ Maximize transponder availability through effective cooperation with the Network Operations Center personnel
▪ Perform off-line data analysis by replaying telemetry or with simulator
15/07/2016–31/12/2016 Spacecraft and Ground Controller for Galileo Constellation
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR GfR), Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany)
▪ Analysis, development and production of operating procedures
▪ Planning and implementation of test procedures
▪ Providing a service in compliance with Key Performance Indicators
▪ Implementation of tasks in the Galileo operations
▪ Performance and trend analysis
▪ Error analysis and error-handling procedures
▪ Production of training documents
08/2015–12/2015 Systems Engineer - ECLSS sizing for Orbital ATK’s Crewed Exploration
University of Colorado Bioastronautics Laboratory
▪ ECLSS mass & volume estimates for 30 and 60-day LEO/Cis-Lunar space missions
▪ Compiled database of current ECLSS technologies
▪ Ensured appropriate theoretical interfacing between subsystems
▪ Compiled final deliverable document for Orbital ATK
08/2015–12/2015 Software - Atmospheric Revitalization Test Rig for ECLSS Research
University of Colorado Bioastronautics Laboratory
▪ Modified LabVIEW-based software to include new sensors
▪ Modified GUI and data recording options to improve user-friendliness
▪ Compiled software manual, including descriptions of all 70+ VI's
01/2015–05/2015 Mechanical Design & Assembly - Thermal Vacuum Chamber
University of Colorado Bioastronautics Laboratory
▪ Heavily involved in assembly
▪ Performed multiple component and subsystem testings
▪ Involved in SolidWorks modeling of chamber
▪ Acquired knowledge in dealing with manufacturers
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
08/2014–12/2015 Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering Sciences,
specialization in Astrodynamics and Global Navigation Satellite
Systems (GPA 3.97)
University of Colorado, Boulder (United States)
▪ Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics and Control, Space Life Sciences, Spaceflight Dynamics, Statistical Orbit Determination, Global Navigation Satellite Systems, Space Habitat Design, Interplanetary Mission Design
08/2010–05/2014 Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Magna Cum Laude
Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne (United States)
▪ Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aerospace Computational Techniques, Space Flight Mechanics, Compressible Flow, Aerospace Structures, Control Systems, Rockets & Mission Analysis, Aircraft Stability and Control, Air-Breathing Engines, Fluid Dynamics, Aerodynamics
Mother tongue(s): Italian, English
Other language(s): French, German (beginner)
Communication skills: Great communication and interpersonal skills with people of all backgrounds and cultures gained through my experiences living abroad in Belgium, Switzerland and the USA.
Job-related skills: SCOS-2000, MATLAB, C++, HTML, LabVIEW, AGI Systems Tool Kit, SOLIDWORKS, Microsoft Office, Visio
Projects - Trajectory Estimation of Satellite in LEO - University of Colorado Boulder
Estimated trajectory of satellite in LEO by processing range and range rate observations from three ground stations. Reference trajectory was propagated using two-body equations, Earth's J2 effect and atmospheric drag model. Derived all necessary equations and processed observations using a Batch filter, a Conventional Kalman Filter (with and without Joseph formulation), and the Potter Algorithm, all coded in Matlab. Filter performances (state vector, covariance, residuals and numerical issues) were compared.
Presentations - Orbit Errors in GPS: A Comparison of Broadcast and Precise Ephemeris - University of Colorado
Performed comparison of broadcast ephemeris from the GPS satellites, and precise ephemeris files provided by the International GNSS service. Investigated how ephemeris changed historically, how it was impacted by selective availability, and how it is affected by the GPS satellite block type.
Projects - VEEGJA Trajectory to Neptune - University of Colorado
Designed Matlab-based theoretical trajectory to Neptune taking advantage of 4 flybys: one of Venus, two of the Earth with a 2:1 resonant orbit in between, and one of Jupiter. Design was subject to constraints such as time of flight, Δv budget and launch energy. Trajectory was then implemented in Systems Tool Kit software.
Projects A Study of the Euler Family of Attitude Coordinates - University of Colorado
Used Euler's rotation theorem to develop a family of attitude coordinates. Derived kinematic differential equation for arbitrary Euler family attitude set and investigated singularities.
Developed and applied proportional-derivative control to drive the attitude difference between the body-fixed frame and the inertial frame to zero. Compared simuation results to Modified Rodrigues Parameters.
Projects - Optimized Single-Stage Mars Ascent Simulation - University of Colorado
Performed Matlab-based simulation of single-stage Mars ascent vehicle. Used "fmincon" to minimize necessary Δv required given a launch site location, target orbit, and launch vehicle parameters. Coded HTML webpage. Link:
Projects - Mars Permanent Base Concept Design - University of Colorado
Preliminary conceptual design for a mission architecture to place a permanent, independent human settlement on the surface of Mars by 2054. Investigated aspects such as launch sequence, settlement layout, interplanetary trajectory, mass estimates, launch vehicle feasibility study, and program cost estimates. Performed SOLIDWORKS design of the internal crew habitat modules and external surface base.
Honours and awards: Florida Institute of Technology Academic Scholarship
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.