- Result-driven leader with29 years’ experience in Sales & Business Operation, Establishing Legal Entity, Building Team, Developing and Executing Business Strategies, Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Project Management and Customer Relationship Management with reputed organizations in Telecom, IT, Aerospace & Defence verticals.
- Last associated with Cobham Wireless, Bangalore (earlier Aeroflex Ltd, UK)asCountry Manager with focus on Telecom, Network and Wireless, Government Defence and Aerospace Business.
- Grown newly acquired Product line by > 300% YoY. Reduced cost by 10% despite headcount increase by 20%.
- Change Agent & Keen Planner – Continuously restructure and build Go-To-Market model to align with market needs and dynamics. Excel in optimized combination of Direct and Indirect market engagement model. Meet industry leaders to align goals and mindshare.
- Deft in handling business process reengineering initiatives involving study of existing processes, identifying gaps and collaborating with & guiding stake holders on required measures for improving the functioning of processes.
- Apical in building and maintaining strong relations with the CXO level professionals in client organisations. Have managed business relations with Government and Private Organisations.
- An impressive communicator with honed interpersonal, team building, negotiation, presentation, convincing and analytical skills. Ability to think out of the box, and contribute ideas towards achieving operational excellence. A well known hunter and farmer in sales profession.
- Guide organisation on business process compliances in Import-Export policies, taxation, real estate, achieving business partnership and alliances.
- Building high performance team and lead them to deliver on objectives profitably with high level of customer satisfaction.
Experienced hands on professional with proven record of growing business with complete Profit Accountability.
CORE LEADERSHIP STRENGTHS
Business Growth & Profitability Establishing Legal Entities Focussed Execution & Team Building
Strategy Planning and Execution CXO customer Relationship Government and Private Business
Change Management People Development Contract Negotiation
Since Aug’14 to Nov 2015 with Cobham Wireless, Bangalore (UK Based)
Current Role: Country Manager, India
Segment Handled: Telecom – Wireless & Network, Defence, Space, Enterprise
Business Model: Direct and Channel
Brief Synopsis of Responsibilities and Achievements
Cobham Wireless operates in diverse markets covering a variety of different test applications ranging from R&D, through manufacturing and into service/maintenance. As a Country Manager I am responsible for the entire India business including sales and support, staffing, finance, compliance etc.
Ø Taking hands-on role in leading the sales growth, have grown our newly acquired Shenick Network Systems product line by > 300% (YoY) by getting things move and evolving winning strategies with respect to people, process etc. Define and execute Go-To-Market strategies for individual product lines to grow business.
Ø Responsible to grow business and deliver result within allocated budget, responsible for P&L, as well as keeping organization compliant with Indian financial and tax obligations.
Ø Provide market feedback to business unit and corporate leadership team on trends and opportunities in Indian market; identify potential growth area.
Ø Work with business unit, engineering leadership team to ensure hardware and software support meets customer expectation which equips our sales managers to grow business from existing customers while hunting for new customers. This helped in achieving major reduction in Turn Around Time to support key customers.
Ø Manage market communication for Cobham wireless in India.
Ø Hired talented resources to achieve business objectives and enhance team capabilities.
Ø Worked with individual team leaders, members to understand their career aspirations with Cobham Wireless and work with HR team to define career growth plans. Facilitate acquiring newer skill and knowledge to fulfil business aligned individual objectives.
Mar’10 to June’ 14 with Symmetricom Inc, USA and Symmetricom India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, India
Current Role: Country Manager & Director Sales
Market Handled: India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand
Segment Handled: Telecom, Defence, Space, Enterprise, Power
Business Model: Direct and Channel
The Growth Path
Mar’10 to Mar’11: Consultant to Symmetricom Inc, USA
Mar’11 to Jan’14: Country Manager & Director Sales, Symmetricom India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi
Feb’14 to June’ 14: Consultant to Symmetricom
- Established Indian legal entity from start to grow India business with service orientation through cross functional collaboration across Finance, legal, operations, and logistic teams.
- Building local team from scratch and partnering them to achieve excellence. Managing performance of the team.
- Defining and implementing Go-To-Market strategy aligned with market and segment need to deliver medium to long term profitable growth while stabilizing short term goals.
- Restructured Channel engagement focussed on market segment. Harnessing their strength with that of OEM to deliver results while mitigating organizational risk from business cycle.
- Driving strategic business initiatives in telecom operator and defence & aerospace space with major focus on wireless market space (LTE-TDD), TDM / IP back haul and Space segment.
- Driving execution through collaborative teamwork environment among stakeholders across locations and verticals, including R&D Team, Operations Team, Engineering Team, Product Line Management team & Finance Team.
- Driving contracts negotiation, complying with contractual terms, identifying non-compliance issues and supporting their resolution along with maintaining a positive business relationship with the client’s Contract Management and Technical teams with collaboration from Corporate Legal as well as Contracts team.
- Conceptualizing Service Level Agreement (SLA) based services to Indian telecom customers and developing such services delivery mechanism through outsourced sub-contractors.
- Achieved business objectives year on year profitably.
- Hired, nurtured talent from industry for niche synchronisation business.
- Designed and Signed SLA based Services business with telecom operator and delivered it through sub contractor.
- Grown business funnel multi fold from Government, Space and Defence market space while mitigating challenges in telecom space by winning new customers.
- Won strategic business from Indian Army Communication Network and executed successfully with local resources.
- Acquired strategic new customers in the region like Bharti, Reliance, Vodafone etc. in telecom space.
Jul’99 to Mar’10 with Agilent Technologies India (Pvt.) Ltd., New Delhi
The Growth Path
Jul’99 to Nov’02: Sr. Sales Manager
Nov’02 to Mar’05 : Territory Manager
Mar’05 to Feb’07: Head, Strategic Accounts
Feb’07 to Mar’10: General Manager & Head, India Telecom Business, NATS
In the Last Agilent Role:
- Since 2008, managed vertical in Network Assurance and Test Solution business, encompassing Operation Support System (OSS) and testing instruments business in India, which helps telecom operators and Network Equipment Manufacturers to increase ROI, customer satisfaction through higher Quality of Experience (QoE) to their customers directly or through managed services solution.
- Have been effectively managing CXO level relations and business contacts in key corporate entities like Airtel, Reliance, TTSL, Aircel, BSNL, MTNL, HFCL Infotel, NSN, ALU, Ericsson, Huawei etc.
- Leading sales, pre sales, post sales and marketing teams to win business from Indian Telecom operators, its eco system and standardization bodies like TEC. Managing performance of the sales team.
- Developing probe based OSS business opportunities for Network Performance Management, Troubleshooting, Roaming Management solution in Wireline (NGN) and Wireless (GPRS, WCDMA, CDMA) operator space to achieve customer satisfaction through higher QoE, helping improve RoI.
- Driving strategic business initiatives in telecom operator space with major focus on wireless market space (GSM/ WCDMA, CDMA/ EVDO) and wire line market (MPLS, VoIP and IPTV) segment.
- Implementing people development and driving team members to attain high performance levels.
- Instituting a collaborative teamwork environment among stakeholders across factories located in different parts of the world, including R&D Team, Business Development Team, Local and Worldwide Management Team.
- Evaluating business cases including proposal and solution selling strategies & milestone identification for effective Revenue Recognition.
- Providing assistance to multiple business units in achieving targeted milestones, mitigating issues and risks.
- Identifying and developing alternate channels to deliver business growth while mitigating organizational risk from business cycle.
- Led India Wireless Testing Solution Business to world’s No. 1 position within Agilent in 2008.
- Instrumental in expanding business multi fold (by 300%) over 3 years’ period within operational budget and resources, ever since taking over country-wide business responsibilities in 2006.
- Have consistently surpassed business targets 8 times out of last 10 years except 2001 and 2006.
- Generated business from government telecom operator substantially and improved the market share year on year by 50% since assuming responsibilities as Business Head through building a highly motivated team.
- Achieved an astounding 500% growth in funnel in the form of new business opportunities for Agilent Technologies in 2 years period across Telecom Operators and Network Equipment Manufacturers. Thus led India Business to the No. 1 wireless testing business position in the world within the company.
- Steered the team to deliver par excellence performance with each member exceeding their business objectives.
- Identified opportunities and developed businesses from MTNL; Bharti; System Integrators, Sri Lanka; and TCIL.
- Appointed three business partners for different market segments and locations.
- Essayed a key role in successfully closing multi million $ deals from BSNL, MTNL, Reliance, HCL, Huawei, and Ericsson.
- Have been working closely with marketing and business development teams to launch new products in market.
- Holds distinction of being the only person handpicked in Agilent Asia for being entrusted with a leadership role in Telecom business in 2006.
- Achieved High Customer Satisfaction of 8.7 out of 10.
Sep’90 to Jun’99 with Hewlett-Packard India Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata/ New Delhi
The Growth Path
Sep’90 to Oct’94: Sr. Engineer
Nov’94 to Oct’96: Manager
Nov’96 to Jun’99 : Sr. Sales Manager
- Managing test and measuring instruments business in the assigned region including all BSNL & MTNL business.
- Effectuating pre-planned sales strategies for the accomplishment of performance milestones.
- Interfacing with and managing relations with functional entities for complete customer ownership.
- Dealing and responding to RFP/ RFI to sustain business profitability and augmenting the sales volumes.
- Governing value-added sales of technology related equipments & solutions to customers amidst dynamic and competitive business environment.
- Identifying and developing new customer accounts, thereby generating revenue for the organisation.
- Increased the business horizontally in eastern region by over 200% in a span of 3 years.
- Managed Government Telecom Operators business and generated business of Rs. 25 Crores per year.
- Consistently exceeded business targets 5 times. Adjudged High Achiever twice in 1998 and 1999.
- Influenced cross-functional divisions to work on new product development and modification of existing product to suit the requirements of the Indian markets while remain competitive.
- Successfully led team to participate in first ever local currency (Rupee) tender for imported items in Department of Telecom (DOT), currently BSNL, in 1995 worth over Rs. 20 Crores.
- Holds merit for receiving the following awards and recognition:
o Won World Wide Award for selling highest volume of Optical testing solution (>3M$) in 1999.
o Excellent Teamwork Award in 1998.
o RAT Award for competitive selling in 1997.
o STAR Award for outstanding performance in 1995 in Asia.
Jun’86 to Sep’90 with HCL Limited, Kolkata
The Growth Path
Jun’86 to May’87 : Trainee
Jun’87 to Sep’90 : Asst. Manager
- Managing sales and marketing operations for promoting test and measuring instruments in eastern part of India.
- Coordinating project management activities including TEFR preparation, project scheduling, creation of work breakdown structures (WBS) and project monitoring thorough progressive curves for new product lines.
- Opened new opportunities and closed business from Telecom and Infrastructure verticals like Telecom Manufacturing, Electronic Manufacturing, Education, Railways, Steel Plants, Coal Industries, Oil Refineries, Research & Development organizations.
- Grown revenue by over 250% during 4 years by adding new clients like BARC, Engineering Colleges, CGCRI, WEBEL, Indian Railways, etc for Iwatsu Corporation, Japan; Advantest Corporation, Japan; Schlumberger, UK and France for new Product Lines (encompassing RF, Microwave, Digital, Optical testing instruments and solutions).
- Awarded Best Salesperson in 1989.
- Acknowledged for demonstrating outstanding technical engagement with IIT, Kharagpur in 1988.
- B.Tech. (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering) from Regional Engineering College (Renamed - National Institute of Technology), Kurukshetra (Haryana), India with 3rd Rank in University.
- Languages Known : English, Hindi, Bengali and Rajasthani
- Sports : Soccer, Squash
- Social Work in the Field of Education : Managing Committee member of Delhi Public School, Dwarka, New Delhi, India, from 2002 to 2014. Leading Senior Secondary School with 4000+ students
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.