Well-rounded engineer and program manager with strong conceptual and analytical thinking capabilities. Skilled at maintaining cohesive interpersonal relationships and sensitivities to multi-cultural differences in leadership or team-member roles. Intellectually curious with proven track record in acquiring technical and business knowledge to ensure job success.
• Spacecraft Bus: Boeing 702 series (HP, MP and SP), Space System Loral 1300, Lockheed Martin A2100 and LM-700, Orbital LEOStar for Space Test Experiment Platform (STEP) and GEOStar-2, Thales series (SB3000 and SB4000), Astrium (Eurostar 3000), Melco DS2000, JHU/APL bus for New Horizons (spin or 3-axis stabilized body, high gain antenna, RTG), Jet Propulsion Lab bus for Miniature Seeker Technology Integration (MSTI), Spectrum Astro bus for MSTI, Ball Aerospace bus for Delta Star 181,TIROS-N bus for DMSP 5D2 and NOAA , Spectrum Astro bus for MSTI
• Government Satellites: JPSS, DMSP, NOAA, New Horizons, Combined Release and Radiation Effects Satellite (CRRES), Relay Mirror Experiment (RME), Low-power Atmospheric Compensation Experiment (LACE), Spacecraft Charging At High Altitudes (SCATHA), Delta Star, MSTI, STEP
• Spacecraft Ground Systems: C3S Common Ground Systems (CGS), EPOCH Spacecraft Telemetry and Command, Integrated Test and Operations System (ITOS), Data Modernization System (DMS), COMET
• Satellite Communications Network: Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN), Deep Space Network (DSN), TDRSS, Hartebeesthoek (HBK), Gnangara, Fucino,
• Programming Languages: C, Perl, Fortran
• Software: Analytical Graphics Systems Tool Kit (STK), GIPSY-OASIS, MATLAB, Squiggle, Pro/ENGINEER, Excel, Power Point, Project, Word, Visio, X-Tie, HP Openview, Remedy
• Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, MS Windows, MS-DOS, Mac OS
RAYTHEON, Riverdale, MD 7/14 – 1/16 Ground Systems Engineer Member of the Mission Support Team (MST) for the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program Common Ground System (CGS), a state-of-the-art ground station for the next generation of low earth orbiting environmental satellites.
• Responsible for understanding the CONOPS of the JPSS Command, Control and Communications Segment (C3S) to include Space/Ground links, Spacecraft, Ground Station support equipment, data transport systems, all ground software/hardware architecture and network interfaces, especially with the White Sands Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS).
• Provide engineering support to the JPSS ground system at the Raytheon Riverdale location and later at the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland.
• Develop satellite Operations Products for new software Block Releases.
• Serve as Mission Support Team interface for System Test development/execution.
INTERNATIONAL LAUNCH SERVICES, Reston, VA 11/06 – 1/14 Program Manager
• Developed the Technical Proposal and Statement of Work (SOW) contracts, which include launch service offerings and program schedule to support new business development for winning contract bids.
• Represented Programs and Operations on strategic business planning committee to identify non-traditional commercial and civil customers/missions for ILS launch capabilities.
• Conducted Technical Interface Meetings (TIMs) with the domestic and international commercial customers and Russia’s Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center (KhSC) for integrating satellites with the Proton Launch Vehicle.
• Provided assessments of the Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) and Ground Operations Working Group (GOWG) for launch activities.
• Provided assessments to mission flight design, including the Proton rocket trajectory analysis.
• Provided assessments to Interface Requirements Document (IRD), compliance matrix and compatibility agreements.
• Developed and maintained the satellite/Proton rocket Interface Control Document (ICD).
• Formulated and responded to program Action Items.
• Provided on-site and remote integration support for spacecraft sine vibe and SC/payload adapter separation shock test preparation, execution, and data reviews.
• Interacted and planned with satellite manufacturers’ Mission Control and NORAD for launch and early orbit activities.
• Acted as Spacecraft Integration Manager of five programs (Inmarsat 4F3, SIRIUS-4, Astra-1L, JCSat-11 and AMC-14) by providing integration/engineering support of satellite-to-launch vehicle integration activities.
• Evaluated the performance capabilities of the Proton Launch Vehicle against the competition (Arianne 5, Sea Launch, Land Launch, Atlas V and Falcon 9).
• Co-authored the current version of the Proton Mission Planner’s Guide Rev 7 (PMPG).
• Evaluated and purchased Systems Tool Kit (STK) for in-house analysis software tool.
• Trained new employees in the areas of mission operations and orbital analysis.
• Established and maintained strong relationships with all personnel – domestic and international customers, satellite manufacturers, vendors, insurance people and fellow employees.
• Represented the company in trade shows and conferences: Satellite 2007-2013 (booth duty), Munich Satellite Navigation Conference, National Space Symposium, Satellite Manufacturer User’s Conference, Washington Space Business Review and Proton Mission Planner’s Guide conference.
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY/APPLIED PHYSICS LAB, Laurel, MD 5/05 – 11/06 Mission Analyst
The New Horizons Project spacecraft is a historic endeavor and a major focus of NASA for planetary exploration by making the first reconnaissance of Pluto, Charon and objects in the Kuiper Belt region beyond Neptune.
• Performed mission analysis in the areas of spacecraft subsystems, flight control and commanding using the Deep Space Network antennas.
• Developed, tested and amended operational telemetry pages, computer scripts and written procedures for satellite operation.
• Analyzed and evaluated spacecraft and instrument performances to identify potential problems, and prepared plans for resolution of problems.
• Resolved spacecraft and ground systems anomalies.
GEOEYE, Dulles, VA 7/03 – 4/05 Lead Systems Engineer
• Performed Flight Dynamics duties such as generation of space vehicle ephemeris from orbit estimation, ground plans, drag updates, database maintenance, satellite visibility, SGP4 generation, and anomaly resolution.
• Performed mission duties such as planning the satellite’s boundary windows for specified earth imaging and mission planning.
• Conducted spacecraft simulation tests to improve operational efficiencies, and validate flight software updates.
SOFBLUE, Herndon, VA 8/00 – 5/03 Vice President, Business Development & CTO Co-founder of this high tech start-up company specializing in providing total Bluetooth technology solutions in the wireless market arena. Full responsibility for developing, managing, and implementing all aspects of engineering and technology integration activities.
• Formulated a technology vision and devised long-term Bluetooth and other wireless technology strategies.
• Managed, planned, and drove the entire product development process.
• Formed strategic alliances and partnerships with silicon vendors, application providers, and software vendors worldwide.
• Performed analyses of the Bluetooth wireless market segment, competing and complementary technologies, competing companies, and global regions for entry.
• Managed delivery of training courses on Bluetooth in partnership with HP.
• Delivered the Protocol Stack and the prototype stages of the MP3 Player, USB Adapter & Headset on-time and within budget.
• Conceptualized new Bluetooth products by analyzing corporate and consumer trends.
• Presented Sofblue’s business plan and products to potential investors, such as venture capitalists, angel investors and wireless companies for funding.
• Established and maintained strong relationships with our clients.
ENERGOTECH LLC, Arlington, VA 8/00 – 8/01 Lead Systems Engineer Member of DoD’s Solid Rocket Motor Disposition in Russia Program (SRMDRP) team to design and build a facility for the disposal of over 900 rocket motors safely into the environment via contained burn.
• Identified and resolved technical issues with the Integrated Program Team (IPT) leads to ensure that specifications are met.
• Traced specification requirements from systems level to segment level to element level using X-Tie software.
• Performed and reviewed Trade Studies, Feasibility Studies, ICDs, TEMPS, and Design Basis/Design Criteria for accuracies and completeness.
MOTOROLA, Leesburg, VA 4/97 – 7/00 (Iridium Satellite Network Operation Center) Network Operations Engineer
• Interacted with personnel from 12 international gateways, identified anomalous nodes and resolutions to ensure continuous service availability.
• Performed analysis and control of the Iridium constellation voice and messaging network.
• Administered maintenance and software upgrades to gateways using FTP and Remedy ticket system.
• Determined anomalous nodes within the network by utilizing pinging of IP addresses and traceroute.
• Performed real-time command and control, health and safety analysis, and anomaly resolution.
• Evaluated, tested and uploaded series of payload software to the Iridium satellites.
• Ensured operational mode of satellites by maintenance and troubleshooting anomalous conditions.
• Evaluated the readiness of satellites for launch, early orbit, and on-orbit operations.
• Performed analysis of tracking and telemetry data to determine satellite location and status of satellite subsystems.
• Generated data for real-time satellite contact planning from orbit estimation that was used by Mission Planners to schedule events.
• Planned orbit adjusts and attitude maneuvers to maintain satellite position in the control box and orientation in space.
• Evaluated and proposed in-house software for enhancements of existing orbit analysis system.
LOCKHEED MARTIN, Sunnyvale, CA & East Windsor, NJ 8/87 – 3/97 Lead Systems Engineer - Satellite Operations
• Led a group of engineers that performed orbital analysis on 20+ DoD and NASA satellites, including NOAA, DMSP and BMDO satellites.
• Coordinated planning for satellite missions with team members and customers, according to the Mission Operations Plan and Flight Operations Plan.
• Presented status reports, fielded questions, recommended solutions, and proposed enhancements to customers and senior management.
• Managed projects for trending analysis, efficiency analysis, and evaluation of integrating Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software packages to existing systems.
• Wrote, amended, and implemented operations procedures and specifications to meet dynamic mission requirements.
• Planned orbit adjusts and attitude maneuvers that maintained satellite position and orientation in space.
• Designed orbital anomalies for rehearsals and exercises of future launches.
• Wrote customized software for trending analysis of orbit and subsystems data.
• Evaluated job performances of employees and recommended task assignments, promotions, raises, and bonuses.
• Trained engineering staff to execute orbital analysis, software, and satellite vehicle specific procedures.
• Established and maintained good working relationships with customers and team members.
• Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA
• Certificate, Telecommunications Engineering University of California, Berkeley Extension
• Certificate, Project Management & Supervisory Program Lockheed Martin, Sunnyvale, CA
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.