Secure an entry-level position in the space industry where I can learn, develop mentors, and grow my network. I wish to wear multiple “hats” while exploring my interests in astrodynamics, rocket propulsion and business.
Orbital Mechanics Project – Satellite Tracking November 2015
· Used MATLAB to write a code that accurately predicts when any given satellite will be visible to an observer on the ground. (Inputs: latitude/longitude coordinates of ground site, initial orbital elements of satellite; Outputs: range, azimuth angle, elevation angle, visibility condition, ground-track plot)
· Program was originally developed to predict the visibility conditions of the International Space Station from Tucson, AZ - the results were accurate with data provided by NASA's JPL HORIZONS database
Class Project - Attitude Study of a Spacecraft with a Single Reaction Wheel November 2015
· Studied the 3D attitude and motion of a spacecraft with a single reaction wheel - including angular velocity, angular momentum, and coning/nutation angle - using 3-2-1 Euler angles and quaternions
· Developed various numerical simulations of the spacecraft's motion using MATLAB
· Input various inertia and orientation conditions of the spacecraft and its reaction wheel, then studied the situations such as torque-free rotation, reaction wheel spin-up, frictional damping, and energy loss
· Published a technical report in AIAA format detailing the results and analysis
Project Manager – Aerospace Engineering Senior Design Project September 2015-May 2016
· Managed a team of six aerospace and mechanical engineering students while coordinating with a faculty sponsor to meet team goals and deliverables
· Used technical aerospace knowledge and natural problem solving skills to formulate, design, and fabricate a vertical-takeoff-and-landing UAV to fulfill our sponsor’s requirements
· Ran the project as if it were a formal business; considered costs, margins, and customer satisfaction; developed a name, logo, and overall brand; pitched ideas to both faculty and industry representatives
Gas Dynamics Project – Converging-Diverging Nozzle Simulation May 2015
· Wrote a computer program to simulate and analyze various situations in a converging-diverging nozzle (i.e. subsonic flow, supersonic flow, Prandtl-Meyer expansion, normal shock, oblique shock)
· Inputs: gas properties nozzle geometry, stagnation conditions, and back pressure
· Outputs: thrust, mass flow rate, exit pressure, exit temperature, density, Mach number, and special conditions (i.e shock location, expansion fan angle)
Engineering and Business Development Associate – BrockTek LLC July 2015-Present
· Assisted the new BrockTek President with the process of company acquisition, by interviewing employees, working through legal issues, and developing a new business model and strategy
· Developed business development acumen by identifying individuals and companies to partner with, starting preliminary conversations, and subsequently building those relationships into working, mutually beneficial partnerships
· Expanded cross-disciplinary skills by combining engineering knowledge with business strategy thought processes and market analysis; interfaced with both the technical employees and the management team
· Developed a website by envisioning, creating, and publishing an online portal that properly portrays the company’s products, services, personality, and mission
· Provided technical engineering support, including composites work and systems integration/testing
General Manager - H2knOw August 2014-August 2015
· Launched a startup venture with three others while in the prestigious McGuire Entrepreneurship Program
· Led an interdisciplinary and international team to generate an innovative business and engineering solution to global water-conservation issues
· Networked with and pitched to various industry mentors, professionals, and angel investors within the entrepreneurial, academic, and technology communities of Arizona and California
· Generated financial models to forecast the five-year revenues, cash flows, and other financial metrics
· Gained management skills by directing the development of a suitable business model and the writing of an accompanying business plan, and gained operations skills by designing and developing several working prototypes
Undergraduate Research Assistant- University of Arizona September 2012-February 2015
· Volunteered in the Experimental Fluid Mechanics and Instability Lab, the Nano-Electronics and Advanced Materials Research Lab, and worked for pay in the Aerodynamics Lab
· Worked with and wrote program executables using National Instrument’s LabVIEW to better improve data acquisition methods by modifying pre-existing source code
· Learned fundamental aerodynamic, thermodynamic, and problem solving principles related to the methods of wind tunnel experiments, semiconductor material development, and fluid mechanics
University of Arizona GPA: 3.46 Expected Graduation Date: May 2016
Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering; Mathematics Minor
Honors College; McGuire Entrepreneurship Program
Leadership, MATLAB, Microsoft Office, LabVIEW, entrepreneurship, website development, programming, business development, project management, writing, public speaking, negotiation, financial modeling, GMAT
Arizona Excellence Tuition Award (University of Arizona) 2012-2016
Invited Student Columnist (UANews) 2015
Thomas R. Brown Distinguished Scholarship(McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship) 2014/2015
Dean’s List; Dean’s List with Distinction (UA College of Engineering) 2012/2013/2015
Scobee Memorial Scholarship (UA AME Department) 2015
Rolle Aerospace Scholarship(UA AME Department) 2015
First-Level Honors(UA Honors College ) 2014
Bonnevie Engineering Scholarship (UA College of Engineering) 2012
Washington State High School Honors Award 2012
Guinness World Record, Longest Marble Run 2012
Business of Entertainment Club - Member 2015-2016
Habitat for Humanity - Volunteer 2015
Engineer’s Entrepreneurial Club - Executive Board/Founding Member 2013-2016
AIAA - Member 2013-Present
UA Intramural Sports - Team Captain (Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball ) 2012-2016
Elevation Ski and Snowboard Club - Member
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.