To get an opportunity to improve my existing technical and management skills and to develop new ones by working as a part of a team of talented people in a competitive and challenging environment
DOB 21st June 1981
Domicile Rawalpindi/ Punjab
Marital Status Married
Frequency Allocation Board (FAB), Islamabad (PAK) Dec, 2010-Present
• Working as Assistant Director (Technical) at National & International Satellite Frequency Coordination Department
• Performing detailed Interference Analysis for resolving issues between PAK and foreign Satellite Networks.
• Preparing and exchanging draft proposals with opposing administrations in order to reach at mutually acceptable solutions/ bilateral agreements regarding GSO & Non-GSO Satellite Networks of Pakistan.
• Preparing plans & documentations for submission to ITU for obtaining new frequency assignment/ orbital slot.
• Preparing Advance Publication Information, Coordination Files and Notifications data of PAK Space Networks to be submitted to ITU for registration/ publication in order to get international recognition and validating the rights on the planned frequency/ orbital resource.
• Evaluating the biweekly ITU Circulars (IFIC) regarding the publications of interfering satellite networks of foreign administrations potentially affecting PAK Satellite Networks.
• Raising/ registering objections with ITU and the concerned administrations related to the foreign satellite networks having potential to cause interference to PAK Satellite/ terrestrial networks.
• Negotiating with foreign administrations to resolve their objections within the regulatory time frame.
• Good command on ITU-BR Software tools for queries/ analysis and submitting comments related to Satellite Network Filings of Pakistan.
• Sound Knowledge of Articles 9 and 11, Appendix 30, 30A and 30 B of ITU-BR Radio Regulations related to Space/ Terrestrial Services in the planned/ unplanned Frequency Bands.
• Preparing/ exchanging necessary monitoring analysis reports for resolving of spillover/ cross border interference issues related to local radio/ mobile networks.
• Also engaged in Frequency Spectrum Monitoring system which includes training on R&S TSMQ Coverage Measurement System (GSM/ CDMA Network Scanning & BTS Position Estimation) using Romes Spectrum Network Analyser (Rohde & Schwarz) and other monitoring tools/ equipment.
NETKOM, Islamabad (PAK) March, 2008–Aug, 2009
• Worked in Radio Frequency Department as a RF Optimization Engineer
• Performed issues based drive testing of Base Transceiver Stations according to the monthly Roll out plan
• Carried out Monitoring/ optimization of different Key performance and quality parameters of 2G-GSM Networks
• Explored different aspects of RF Optimization using TEMS 8.0
• Resolving all the interference including co-channel/ adjacent channel and no service, Handover issues
• Good Command on troubleshooting connecting device
PTCL, Rawalpindi (PAK) Sep, 2007–Oct, 2007
Worked as an Trainee in NMS(DXX) Optical Fibre System
Responsibilities were to monitor the DXX(Digital cross connect)
Network that was maintained on the databases (NewBridge and Tellabs)
Dealing with the corporate clients of the DXX network and having their complaints
UFONE, Islamabad (PAK) July, 2006–Aug, 2006
Worked as an Trainee in Radio & Transmission Department with PTML (UFONE), MSC Islamabad
Testing BTS Radios Transmission in case of any call drop or failure.
Engaged as Lecturer (Visiting Faculty) at Islamic university & Preston University, Islamabad
Masters in Communication Engineering (Major in Wireless Communication)
Institute of Space Technology Islamabad
Bachelors in Electrical (Telecommunication) Engineering
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Islamabad
Diploma in Electronics Engineering
Swedish Institute of Technology, Rawalpindi
Application Development including substantial knowledge of
ITU-BR SpaceCom Software tools, TEMS, Romes
Matlab, Anasoft HFSS, C/C+
IT Proficiency Microsoft office, Internet and Email
Languages English, Urdu, Punjabi
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Include travelling, Visiting new places and reading books. Enjoy all sports particularly Cricket
Journal Publications during Master’s Thesis
1. KhurramShahzad, SaqibSaleem, Qamar-ul-Islam, “Effect of Multipath Channel Parameters on Performance of Spectrum Sensing using Energy Detector”, World Applied Science Journal (WASJ), Vol.16, Issue.9, pp.1329-1333, 2012
2. SaqibSaleem, KhurramShahzad, Qamar-ul-Islam, “Performance Evaluation of Energy Detection Based Spectrum Sensing Technique for Wireless Channel”, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Science and Engineering (IJMSE), Vol.3, Issue.5, pp.31-34, May 2012
3. KhurramShahzad, SaqibSaleem, W.Aziz, Qamar-ul-Islam, “Periodogram Spectrum Sensing using Blackman Tukey Method”, World Applied Science Journal (WASJ), Vol.21, Issue.12, 2013
Other Achievements/ Trainings/ Workshops:
ITU Asia-Pacific Centers of Excellence Distance learning Course “Satellite Network Registration Procedures and International Regulations” conducted by ITU Academy.
Workshop on “Satellite Communication” held at Military College of Signals, National University of Science& Technology, Rawalpindi.
Workshop on “3G-UMTS Technology Planning and Optimization” held at Military College of Signals, National University of Science & Technology, Rawalpindi.
Training on R&S TSMQ Coverage Measurement system at FAB Headquarters, Islamabad.
Online Course “Basic Principles of International Communications Regulation and policy” Conducted by Washington College of Law (WCL) in collaboration with International Telecommunication Satellite Organization (ITSO)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.