I am a young and motivated Telecommunication Engineer looking for a role in the world of telecommunications where I can develop my skills further, researching new technologies and embracing new challenges. My will is to deal with innovative problems, especially relatively to these areas of interest: Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Defence, Aerospace, Space, Radar Systems.
- GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) positioning algorithms and system performance evaluation in terms of integrity, continuity, accuracy and availability (acquired during the experience at Ansaldo STS);
- Verification and Validation (acquired during the experience at Ansaldo STS);
- Understanding of System engineering principles (learnt during the experience at Ansaldo STS);
- Understanding of ERTMS/ETCS principles (learnt during the experience at Ansaldo STS);
- Signal processing, Remote Sensing, Radiolocation Techniques, Radar Systems, Analog and Digital Transmissions, Telecommunication Systems, Wireless and wired communications, Antennas design; these skills have been acquired during University studies;
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac Os, GNU/Linux, Android;
- Programming languages: C++, C#, JAVA, MATLAB, IDL, Python;
- Application software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook), PSpice, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Matlab and Simulink.
- Good communication and organization skills developed in university and working environments, and also in private life
- Good problem solving capabilities and teamwork attitude developed in university environment and consolidated during the working experiences
- Can work by own initiative through self-motivation and goal-oriented attitude
- Good ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Flexible, reliable, trustworthy, patient, willing to learn
Ansaldo STS, Naples (Italy), www.ansaldo-sts.com
International transportation leader with global presence in the field of signaling and integrated transport systems.
Fellowship, February 2014 to Present
Position: GNSS V&V RAMS Engineer for Satellite Assisted Railway Applications
- Verification and Validation of GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) positioning algorithms developed for railway applications. The model that describes the positioning system has been developed in Matlab-Simulink environment. The V&V activity required an in-depth understanding of GNSS, acquired by means of documents such as IS-GPS-200 and applicable RTCA standards, as well as scientific literature relative to positioning algorithms. The system developed by Ansaldo STS takes advantage of a ground based augmentation network whose aim is to improve the accuracy of the user estimated position. The activity includes also the validation of the algorithms related to system integrity.
- Development of a testing tool in Matlab/Simulink environment, that allows the user to inject errors into the modeled system, in order to evaluate the performance of the positioning algorithms.
- Redaction of two documents:
- the “Test Specification” document that contains the list of the tests to be executed with the developed testing tool, and derived starting from the error sources suggested by RTCA standards;
- the “Test Report” document that contains the results of the tests and the conclusions about the system performance;
- Collaboration to the writing of the GNSS algorithms document and to many other projects documents (such as Interface Control Document, System Requirements Specification, etc.) providing substantial feedbacks;
- Verification and Validation of a search algorithm within a database that contains information of the specific railway line topology: this algorithm helps the train positioning algorithm, since the user estimated position must be a point of the railway line and not a generic point of the space. this activity required the development of a testing tool in Matlab language;
- Performance evaluation of the GNSS algorithms implemented into the real devices (rover and ground stations), by comparing their results (e.g. PVT) with those of the model implemented in Matlab-Simulink environment;
- Study of GNSS observables, positioning algorithms, augmentation networks and integrity monitoring; experience with GNSS receivers (e.g. u-blox and NVS) and with data interchange formats (e.g. RINEX, BINEX, etc.) for raw satellite navigation system data.
CNR IREA, Naples (Italy), www.irea.cnr.it
Research institute focused on remote sensing, diagnostic, and monitoring of environmental risk with particular reference to electromagnetic one.
Research assistant (University Internship), March 2013 to September 2013
- Study of traditional and state-of-art radiolocation techniques, especially those in urban environment
- Testing and improvement of a new radiolocation method in urban environment. This has been done analyzing and writing the source code in IDL programming language and with the support of the radio coverage prediction software EXACT
- Problem solving and analysis capabilities improved
- Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering (110/110 cum laude)
Principal subjects: Statistical signal elaboration, Optimization techniques, Traffic Theory, Wireless communications, Wireless networks and protocols, Telecommunication systems, Multimedia signal processing (with Matlab), Radio coverage in urban environment, Programming tools and techniques (C++ and Java), Optics, Radar systems, Antennas design.
Thesis title:A method for radiolocation in urban environment using the reciprocity theorem.
University of Naples “Federico II”
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering
Principal subjects: Mathematics, Algebra, Physics, Geometry, Programming (C++), Measuring fundamentals, Telecommunication network fundamentals, Electronic calculators, Digital and analog electronics, Digital Signal Processing (with Matlab), Guided and wireless propagation, Signal Theory, Stochastic phenomena, Antennas, analog and digital communications, remote sensing, satellites
Thesis Title: Revelation of manipulated regions in digital images
University of Naples “Federico II”
- High School Scientific Diploma
Vincenzo Cuoco high school, Naples
- Cambridge ESOL FCE (level B2)
- PCs software and hardware assistance
- Participation to the European Engineering competition EBEC, organized by the BEST group
- European Computer Driving License (ECDL)
Science & Technology | Smartphones and tablets | Math and logic games | Videogames | Sports | Music | Cooking
Italian: mother tongue | English: level B2 (Cambridge ESOL FCE certificate)
References are available on request.
I authorize personal data treatment according to 675/96 law (valid only for Italy).
Available to relocate.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.